• Views 7,268,316
  • Replies 29,399
  • Likes 48

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need txt files for the ocarina button to do anything usefull. just google wiird. then when you find the site, click the download button from teh game you want

QUOTE said:
i headed to the wiiboxart.com website to manually get the last half dozen images that i cant get through usb loader.
go to the site in safari, click on conduit download. get screen of code.
go to the site in firefox, download conduit and a few other games, put them in my folder and i get
you have attempted to load a bad image SD/images/RSCP7D.png. most likely it has dimensions that are not evenly divisible by 4. way to go dipshit.
when all i did was download them from the site at the default settings.

Great. It has been said in the videos, in the readmii, countless times in the forums, and now the loader even tells you the exact image and what is wrong with it and people still don't understand. If you see this message, people, it means that the image it is telling you has something wrong with it. The first thing you should check is the size of you image. Not the size in KB. The measurements in pixels. If you divide the width or height by 4 and have a remainder then this wont work. That meand that if you grab an image from somewhere online, there is only 1:16 chance that it will show up. There is no set right answer. 4X4 will show up if you feel like using images that small.

20x20= good, this will show up
21x20= bad, the loader calls you a dipshit

If you get called a dipshit, just open the image up in photoshop, gimp, MSpaint, or whatever image editing software you want and resize it.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
you need txt files for the ocarina button to do anything usefull. just google wiird. then when you find the site, click the download button from teh game you want

QUOTE said:
i headed to the wiiboxart.com website to manually get the last half dozen images that i cant get through usb loader.
go to the site in firefox, download conduit and a few other games, put them in my folder and i get
you have attempted to load a bad image SD/images/RSCP7D.png. most likely it has dimensions that are not evenly divisible by 4. way to go dipshit.

Great. It has been said in the videos, in the readmii, countless times in the forums, and now the loader even tells you the exact image and what is wrong with it and people still don't understand. If you see this message, people, it means that the image it is telling you has something wrong with it. The first thing you should check is the size of you image. Not the size in KB. The measurements in pixels. If you divide the width or height by 4 and have a remainder then this wont work. That meand that if you grab an image from somewhere online, there is only 1:16 chance that it will show up. There is no set right answer. 4X4 will show up if you feel like using images that small.

If you get called a dipshit, just open the image up in photoshop, gimp, MSpaint, or whatever image editing software you want and resize it.

I think the greater issue here is that we don't understand why downloading it manually from wiiboxart.com means the size is wrong, when in the past it would download from the SAME site and the size was correct. Why are the images on wiiboxart.com bad? Does the USB Loader GX automatically resize the pictures when downloading them automatically or does it just so happen that the sizes are now wrong after they moved the website? If GX resized the pictures, why can't it do it now when we download them on our computers because as of now that's what we are forced to do because GX hasn't been made compatible with the new covers site?

nightwalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Envido32 said:
What about updating "titles.txt" to the "Update All" option?

Is there an option to download cheats for ocarina?

I agree that "Update All" option should technically also the titles.txt and all the other misc. files

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
I think the greater issue here is that we don't understand why downloading it manually from wiiboxart.com means the size is wrong, when in the past it would download from the SAME site and the size was correct. Why are the images on wiiboxart.com bad? Does the USB Loader GX automatically resize the pictures when downloading them automatically or does it just so happen that the sizes are now wrong after they moved the website? If GX resized the pictures, why can't it do it now when we download them on our computers because as of now that's what we are forced to do because GX hasn't been made compatible with the new covers site?

The site automatically resizes the pictures which is why it takes 2 seconds to download an 80Kb file. If you look near the top of the game list on the website there are 2 boxes you can use to resize the images to whatever you need. GX just requests a specific image size and the site produces it. That's part of why Taz wants donations, he has to code this feature.

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
giantpune said:

QUOTE said:

its not me that cant understand....if you had read my post properly you would see that i was pointing out that downloading from the site in the default settings produced the wrong size, which is a bit weird and tbh a bit stupid.

whereas usbloader gx used to pick up the covers automatically from the same site, which worked perfectly, which begs the question, whats different from manual downloading and automatically downloading?

judgedee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
madeirabhoy said:
giantpune said:

QUOTE said:

its not me that cant understand....if you had read my post properly you would see that i was pointing out that downloading from the site in the default settings produced the wrong size, which is a bit weird and tbh a bit stupid.

whereas usbloader gx used to pick up the covers automatically from the same site, which worked perfectly, which begs the question, whats different from manual downloading and automatically downloading?

it makes the correct size for the disc art not the coverart

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
0ld8oy said:
Hooya said:

The site automatically resizes the pictures which is why it takes 2 seconds to download an 80Kb file. If you look near the top of the game list on the website there are 2 boxes you can use to resize the images to whatever you need. GX just requests a specific image size and the site produces it. That's part of why Taz wants donations, he has to code this feature.

what size does usb loader gx normally do them in ?

Hyaku Shiki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Guys,

I would like to make a suggestion to the awesome guys that work on this USB Loader. I'm a fan and thought I'd make a suggestion. I apologize if it has been made already.

Just like we have the star for Favorites on the main screen, would it be possible to have the games ratings system utilized as such. So beside the Yellow star is the following

ratingsymbol_e.gif
ratingsymbol_t.gif
ratingsymbol_m.gif
ratingsymbol_ao.gif

And we click on those dependant on the age group playing and it lists all of that level and below. So if I had my niece over ... I'd click on Teen and it would show all of 'Everyone' and all of 'Teen'.

Thanks for your time.

HS

Hyaku Shiki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cocomonk22 said:
That's an interesting idea. You might want to submit an issue on the GX Google Code page so it can be considered:
http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/iss...st/Enchancement

Thanks for the site. I added the idea. I think it would be great as alot of us have kids that want to choose games to play and I don't want to always tell them what's okay and what's not.

HS

BiboPenta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. Has anyone been able to load Takes of Symphonia NTSC on a PAL Wii with USB Loader GX? I've tried it with all possible video modes and i always get a black screen :S. Any help?

Thanks.

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I want to run this off the HD how do I set it up? What program do I use to format/partition it, and how are the partitions supposed to be set up. Whats the recommended size for the USB Loader GX?

I formatted with the WBFS Manager and it didnt give me any formatting options. Right now I only have one 1TB partition.

thanks

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ThaDraGun said:
If I want to run this off the HD how do I set it up? What program do I use to format/partition it, and how are the partitions supposed to be set up. Whats the recommended size for the USB Loader GX?

I formatted with the WBFS Manager and it didnt give me any formatting options. Right now I only have one 1TB partition.

thanks

You need to use a partition manager tool. Disk Management in Windows will set up the partitions, then you can format them as you want. I only reseve 5GB of my 500 for my Fat partition for homebrew, roms and cover images, etc.

The rest of this info I believe is in the ReadMii.

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ThaDraGun said:

thanks

You'd never be able to fill up the entire 1TB with games... you can only fit 500 games per partition - An 870gig partition should be enough. I set my first one to 855gig and that's not quite big enough. No matter how you decide to partition it make certain your largest WBFS partition is your first WBFS partition. Make certain all your partitions are primary partitions. Quick format your WBFS partition to NTFS. If you are going to want to use part of the drive for MPlayer ce make certain that your first partition is fat32. Disk manager in windows XP will do the partitioning unless you want a fat32 partition over 32gigs. You can use WBFS manager to format your WBFS partition. Good luck
smile.gif

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hyaku Shiki said:
Hi Guys,
Just like we have the star for Favorites on the main screen, would it be possible to have the games ratings system utilized as such. So beside the Yellow star is the following
ratingsymbol_e.gif
ratingsymbol_t.gif
ratingsymbol_m.gif
ratingsymbol_ao.gif

Thanks for your time.

HS
You can already view some of the game ratings (Also visible in the boxart that everybody has been worrying so much about) . Just press 2 on your wiimote. I forget what button it is for the GC and CC controllers. It requires that you have the Wiitdb.zip in your titles.txt location. I have also successfully created a version of the loader that uses these for parental control. So you just tell the loader to be a certain rating and it filters out games above that rating. Many ratings are still missing from the database so it is not implemented yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao Xbox removed gamescript apparently