• Likes 48

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dexter222 said:
sweenish said:
DSL typically doesn't have a static IP. i know i don't, but i could, as an extra service. and i'm pretty sure that most people who are concerned enough about having a static ip have cable anyway, so that's a dsl service that hardly gets used.

it's a poor system, currently. and they'll figure it out soon enough

Most DSL (and cable) users are issued a dynamic IP address that simply never gets changed. It's not technically static, it just never changes. Some PPPoE providers change when you reconnect however even those tend to associate the IP address with the mac address and the user still usually gets the same address.

a few pages late, but mine certainly doesn't stay static for long. once or even twice a week it changes. it's pretty easy to tell when my ip changes, as demonoid stops keeping track of my ratio.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
satanishere said:
has anyone got wii sports resort working?

I believe the issue with this is that it automatically plays the Motion+ video (whereas TW10, GST, VT2k9 all give you the option to view it but don't require you to) and that causes the IOS to reload thus dumping you back to the Wii Menu. Two ways around this are:
1. Alternative DOL - Take the DOL for the Motion+ video (exact location on ISO is a few pages back) rename it the 6_digit_game_id.dol and then set up the game for alternative DOL.
2. Play it from the disc once.

Basically either way will create a save saying the the Motion+ video has already been watched and when you load it next time it wont try to automatically play it.
Maybe someone could also just post the save game having already watched the video and you could just stick that on you Wii.

DarkSunDS

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Here I was all happy and ecstatic at USB Loaders, and then not even a week after I get it to work I learn that I have to donate to download game covers? I think the web hosting cost could be covered through optional donations, in which case users should be reminded more often that they can support a cause, because I didn't even know until now where the covers actually come from, and I'm sure that's also the case with most users. Either way, when you consider many of the us are probably jobless kids, it just sucks for everyone to have this happen.

Oh, and the CAD is falling. It's not fair for Canada. >:[

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hooya said:
ThaDraGun said:
If I want to run this off the HD how do I set it up? What program do I use to format/partition it, and how are the partitions supposed to be set up. Whats the recommended size for the USB Loader GX?

I formatted with the WBFS Manager and it didnt give me any formatting options. Right now I only have one 1TB partition.

thanks

You need to use a partition manager tool. Disk Management in Windows will set up the partitions, then you can format them as you want. I only reseve 5GB of my 500 for my Fat partition for homebrew, roms and cover images, etc.

The rest of this info I believe is in the ReadMii.

How do you add the covers on the fat parition.
What is the path you enter in the setup of the loader to find the fat partition?

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone PLEASE edit the first page for what is going on with game covers, whatever changed I was out of town, and I see like 5 rumors flying around as to what the deal is. I think it would cut back on questions as well as people making stuff up.

rustybanana

Trophies
XP
Country
Its not a rumour. If you want to download covers directly through the loader you need to pay a donation to www.wiiboxart.com
wink.gif

rustybanana

Trophies
XP
Country
Its got nothing to do with being annoyed with people. Some idiot it tampering with the site and changing permissions. It is being looked into by the sites hosts.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is up with the cover download is we haven't decided. We feel that there is no reason that this can't be a free feature. If it turns out that there is a site that is free requires a password, we will make that possible. In the mean time m4x0r has granted the use of his ftp site as well as a few other people have expressed that they will help in hosting these covers. I have put a decent number of the covers that this application uses on m4x0r's server and adjusted the loader so that it knows where to look to get them.

If you guys want to help out with the cover download, here's how you can make yourself useful..
rar up your image folder and put it on mediafire and PM me a link ( I know I'll regret this)
i would rather many smaller rars (around 300 images) then 1 big ass one
i only want images that show in this loader. if you don't know the sizes, just open them in the app and see if it calls you a dipshit.
it will make the loader faster if all images are named with 6 character ID. don't ask how. just trust me here.

I am not in any way trying to get into the habit of updating these covers so don't bother me about ones that are missing or incorrect. this is just a temporary fix till somebody else gets something set up. I will also welcome people to mirror this and the load can be shared across the servers.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is another thread for issues with www.wiiboxart.com. Please post those issues there and keep this thread free from clutter. It's 500 pages, 400 of which are issues that are answered somewhere else...

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hdhacker, thank you. I'm glad there are some people that aren't buying the "bandwidth costs" BS.

That sentiment goes to giantpune as well, for understanding that there's no reason why you should pay to download covers. (hell, we could just grab them from GBAtemp in the first place, they're already in png and appropriately sized, just the wrong file name. It's what I've done in the meantime.)

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
hdhacker, thank you. I'm glad there are some people that aren't buying the "bandwidth costs" BS.

That sentiment goes to giantpune as well, for understanding that there's no reason why you should pay to download covers. (hell, we could just grab them from GBAtemp in the first place, they're already in png and appropriately sized, just the wrong file name. It's what I've done in the meantime.)

Sorry to post this here but do you guys know if any of these two drives work with GX? Should I pick one over the other? TY

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/Sea...&CatId=4230
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/Sea...&CatId=2422

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY