kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mycah said:
I'm sure this has been asked before, but we're almost on page 500 on this thread and I couldn't find it in the linked FAQ.

I have the USB ethernet adapter. When I try to download covers and disk scans, it core dumps.

Is there something I need to change, or is this currently unsupported?

Thank you in advance!

Update your cios.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Empyr69er said:
Okay, so this replacing of .dol files seems real cool to me. I have ALWAYS wanted to boot up MOH:H2, but it is one of those games with the IOS switchup. Question(s): Do I have to extract the ISO from the HD and somehow get the .dol file out of the iso file? if so what is the name of the .dol needed to successfully boot this mystical game?

Please noob question but what game is MOH:H2. I know I should just know but I don't know. Thanks.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Royusmc said:
Empyr69er said:
Okay, so this replacing of .dol files seems real cool to me. I have ALWAYS wanted to boot up MOH:H2, but it is one of those games with the IOS switchup. Question(s): Do I have to extract the ISO from the HD and somehow get the .dol file out of the iso file? if so what is the name of the .dol needed to successfully boot this mystical game?

Please noob question but what game is MOH:H2. I know I should just don't know. Thanks.

Medal of Honor: Heroes 2

Empyr69er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Royusmc said:
Empyr69er said:

Please noob question but what game is MOH:H2. I know I should just don't know. Thanks.

Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 YO! I want so BADLY to play this game! 16 player online multiplayer!WOWZERS! Someone with a giving heart please help out this man in need? How can I play this game off of my harddrive?(The desperation is half-jokingly)

M

Mycah

kedest said:
Mycah said:
I'm sure this has been asked before, but we're almost on page 500 on this thread and I couldn't find it in the linked FAQ.

I have the USB ethernet adapter. When I try to download covers and disk scans, it core dumps.

Is there something I need to change, or is this currently unsupported?

Thank you in advance!

Update your cios.

I'm running 13b.

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I received a number pf PMs asking how I got Medal of Honor Heroes 2 working - here's how:

A "How To" For running Medal of Honor Heroes 2 from USB Loader GX:

Download and install USB Loader GX in apps (should use the forwarder if you want a channel)
http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/

Make certain you have cIOS38_rev13a installed.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?m2g2xzidqvt

Manually update to r528.dol (r529 is wack*) (rename to boot.dol and put in usbloader_gx folder in apps)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?kykvwrzyr5f

Open Medal of Honor Heroes 2 (MoH H2) iso in wiiscrubber
http://www.mediafire.com/?omnztny0hyw

Extract "game.dol" in partition one to your desktop (partition two if you are using older 1.3 version of wiiscrubber)
http://www.tehskeen.com/userfile.php?articleid=3461

Rename "game.dol" to the 6 char game ID (RM2E69.dol for NTSC)

Copy the renamed dol to the root dir of your SD card

Install MoH H2 iso to your WBFS partition

Launch USB Loader GX, click on MoH H2, click settings, choose to use alternate dol, save, click back and play the game.

*Alternate dol on r529 did not work for this game. Also... r529 would not run ANY games without the 002 fix enabled

Empyr69er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
dexter222 said:
I received a number pf PMs asking how I got MoH H2 working - here's how:

Download and install USB Loader GX in apps (should use the forwarder if you want a channel)

Manually update to r528.dol (r529 is wack) (rename to boot.dol and put in usbloader_gx folder in apps)

Extract "game.dol" in partition one to your desktop

Launch USB Loader GX, click on MoH H2, click settings, choose to use alternate dol, save, click back and play the game.

THANKS!! I guess i will extract the iso and give this a shot! thanks for the links/ tutorial guide!

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
giantpune said:
dexter222 said:
I updated to r529 and it doesn't work with custom dols. I checked the config file and there was no path for dol files. I went into path settings and saw the path defined there, tried changing it, then changed it back. Still no path in the cfg file.
I manually installed r528 and tested with MoH H2 and it works great
smile.gif

After getting it to work on r528 I updated again to r529 and still no alternate dol support...
Great job on r528!
I don't know what you did that was different than me. I put the crap for house of the dead on me SD card and ran it from the root. Them I put it in another folder on the SD cord and typed that path in the settings screen. I was able to launch it fine. Maybe it's my magic Wii again.
Mhm...guess it's your magic Wii...wanna change with me
tongue.gif
?
Because I'm also on rev529, got cIOS rev13a installed, enabled 002-Fix, set the right path to the .dols, named them right and still...they won't work...black screen. Tested SSX, MOH:H2, Indiana Jones and (yeah, I know that it won't work) Red Steel. Always the same..black Screen...
frown.gif

I think something is wrong with rev529, or it could me that this won't work from USB (I stored my .dols on the FAT32-Partition)...well...hope you can fix this soon
smile.gif
. Good work though for implementing it. And thanks again to WiiPower for creating this fix
smile.gif

EDIT: Found something interessting...it can't save the setting in each game (also NOT the Global Setting), so it won't save that you turned alternate DOL on on the game XY...

teegale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is odd. I have 2 Wii's both loaded with CIOS rev13a. One freezes between games (which I know is a bug with rev13a/b), and the other doesn't. Here are the only variables per system.

Console 1 (No freezing)
Serial #LU11
CIOS38 rev13a
USB Loader GX rev529
BootMii installed as IOS (unable to install boot2)

Console 2 (Freezing)
Serial #LU36
CIOS38 rev13a
USB Loader GX rev529
BootMii installed as Boot2

I'm wondering why some consoles have the issue and others don't. The LU11 is newer than the LU36 and doesn't have freezing issues.

pospam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi all:
First thanks to the coder for an awesome app.
I am writing to ask for a little help. I have the last Loader GX and I am able to play some games I have in my usb HD.
Now I am trying to play pro evolution soccer 09 with no luck.
I have a NTSC wii and the backup I loaded in my HD is from a PAL iso.
3.2U with cios cIOS38_rev13b Installed
First I tried with the default setting and I was able to load the game but I get black and white images with a banner that moves up through the screen (like trying to watch a movie using a pal dvd in a NTSC TV).
I went back and tried to change the setting for the game. I tried disc default,console default and force NTSC, and all I get is a black screen and I have to hard reboot my wii.
I tried patching the iso using Wiu from pal to NTSC and I get the balck screen.
Anyone has any idea what setting should I try to make this game work?
Thanks for your help.
P.

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
giantpune said:
dexter222 said:
I updated to r529 and it doesn't work with custom dols. I checked the config file and there was no path for dol files. I went into path settings and saw the path defined there, tried changing it, then changed it back. Still no path in the cfg file.
I manually installed r528 and tested with MoH H2 and it works great
smile.gif

After getting it to work on r528 I updated again to r529 and still no alternate dol support...
Great job on r528!
I don't know what you did that was different than me. I put the crap for house of the dead on me SD card and ran it from the root. Them I put it in another folder on the SD cord and typed that path in the settings screen. I was able to launch it fine. Maybe it's my magic Wii again.
Mhm...guess it's your magic Wii...wanna change with me
tongue.gif
?
Because I'm also on rev529, got cIOS rev13a installed, enabled 002-Fix, set the right path to the .dols, named them right and still...they won't work...black screen. Tested SSX, MOH:H2, Indiana Jones and (yeah, I know that it won't work) Red Steel. Always the same..black Screen...
frown.gif

I think something is wrong with rev529, or it could me that this won't work from USB (I stored my .dols on the FAT32-Partition)...well...hope you can fix this soon
smile.gif
. Good work though for implementing it. And thanks again to WiiPower for creating this fix
smile.gif

EDIT: Found something interessting...it can't save the setting in each game (also NOT the Global Setting), so it won't save that you turned alternate DOL on on the game XY...

I tried it again because he sounded so sure lol nope no alternate dol support
Keep in mind house of the dead 2 and 3 loads and doesn't fail until you try to launch house of the dead 2

r529 won't load ANY games unless you have the 002 fix turned on.

r528 plays with alternate dols but doesn't save the game config - you have to turn it on and save each time you load the game...

NeoRame

Trophies
Website
www.neorame.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
updated the forwarder channel:

update channel with the new forwarder.dol
update included boot.dol for preloader
add readme.doc (sorry have forget to change it. the next updte will have a .txt)

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NeoRame said:
updated the forwarder channel:

update channel with the new forwarder.dol
update included boot.dol for preloader
add readme.doc (sorry have forget to change it. the next updte will have a .txt)

Just downloaded and will test (last one dumped on me). I love the ReadMii.

"you agree not to be an idiot"

I like it.
biggrin.gif

Empyr69er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Empyr69er said:
dexter222 said:
I received a number pf PMs asking how I got MoH H2 working - here's how:

Manually update to r528.dol (r529 is wack) (rename to boot.dol and put in usbloader_gx folder in apps)

Extract "game.dol" in partition one to your desktop

THANKS!! I guess i will extract the iso and give this a shot! thanks for the links/ tutorial guide!

THANKS so much Dexter222!! This tutorial worked flawlessly!! I just played my first online game of MOH:H2! Anyone having troubles with booting these types of games should mos def use this guide. rev528 seems to be giving great results.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after a few missteps, i think i have this loader, which is amazing, working fairly well. my only caveat, so far, has been that every time i update the app, it fails to detect my sd card, causing me to delete my config folder to get it working again. since the beauty of this loader, to me at least, is that i can set specific settings for individual games, i sorta undo all my work be deleting the folder to make it recognize the card again. is it as simple as copying all of the config files before deleting the folder, and then pasting them back in again? or am i a making myself more work than necessary.

thanks

dunjamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,

I've been trying to get this to run for days now. It starts to load from HBC and then my wii just freezes on a blank screen. Anyone else having similar issues? I've updated to cIOS rev13b, but this still doesn't load.

dbest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Using this with my Toshiba portable disk and it works amazingly well. I still have to get the covers to work with this. I have placed the covers in sdroot/usbloader_gx/covers folder but they do not show.

But I can now play games from my portable HD and am greatful to the creators of this amazing tool.

Thanks.

EDIT: Will place the covers in sdroot/images
smile.gif

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
dbest said:
Using this with my Toshiba portable disk and it works amazingly well. I still have to get the covers to work with this. I have placed the covers in sdroot/usbloader_gx/covers folder but they do not show.

But I can now play games from my portable HD and am greatful to the creators of this amazing tool.

Thanks.

I'm thinking about buying a Toshiba HDD too (the 1TB one). Is it really working completely without any issues for you? Have you experienced spindown (drive going into sleepmode, crashing the game)?

dbest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the 320 or 360 GB one and it works with no issues. I have not played on it for more than an hour, so I cannot comment on the sleepmode issue.

I played EA Grand Slam Tennis and Sports Island 2 with no issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hitler would've made a decent a rapper