• Replies 29,357
  • Likes 47

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiimano said:
nah not supposed to be funny, dont really get what you are saying there with that mantis, I haven't had much time to read through all of this, so if theres something I am missing, then its because I haven't had a lot of free time, so I asked a simple question, I was told that I could do that with a fat or fat 32 partition, I changed the custom path to USB:/images and it wasn't working. So was I given false information here then, is this not possible to do with this loader?

Default settings would go to SD path wouldn't it?

I want USB path if possible, without the use of the SD

I also read about how you can just rename the USB:/ or SD:/ and when I rename, I have to delete all, it doesn't let me just rename that first part of it, is there a way I am supposed to do that? It would be nice to just replace that part instead of everything.
Sorry bout that, was having a bit of a moment, I have taken my medication now.
Incedently why don't people like using the SD card? It seems like a lot of effort for the coders to implement FAT Support on the HDD.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, am I right in thinking that the best set up at the moment, to run new games like Ghostbusters, is cIOS 13A with the 002 fix turned on in options? Seems to be the only set up that works for me, the only minor annoyance being that you ahve to turn the Wii totally off to play another game as if you just go back to the system menu and try and load a game it freezes.

rustybanana

Trophies
XP
Country
BlueStar said:
OK, am I right in thinking that the best set up at the moment, to run new games like Ghostbusters, is cIOS 13A with the 002 fix turned on in options? Seems to be the only set up that works for me, the only minor annoyance being that you ahve to turn the Wii totally off to play another game as if you just go back to the system menu and try and load a game it freezes.

Absolutely correct
wink.gif
Hopefully the next cios will resolve the problem of having to restard the wii between games
smile.gif

j0k3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
j0k3r said:
j0k3r said:
hi @ all,

The Preloader function works fine, but I have some Questions :

1. Must I use a Special boot.dol to set this boot.dol in preloader, as boot App, or can I use every boot.dol from any USBLoader ?
2. Is there a way, that we can go from our USBLoader_GX back to HBC, cause when I boot direct to GX with preloader, I wanna go direct back to my HBC, without going in the normal sysmenu before.
3. The LED thing, when the LED only is on during the install of some Games, and when the install is finish, the LED is OFF.

...anyone ???

No Idea ?

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
ElBeano said:
Is there any way to get USB Loader GX cover art updating to play nice with the Wired Ethernet Adapter? If I attempt to do updating of any kind with the Wii set to use my Wired connection, I get a code dump. (I'll post the code dump tomorrow when I get a chance to switch it back to Wired and try it again)

Presumably you're running cIOS rev12 or later ?

Other USB devices (such as LAN adaptor, mics, etc) were not supported by HDD loaders until rev12.

My Loader_GX (latest version) is downloading images fine via the wired lan adaptor.

rustybanana

Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome work on the ios reload support, I presume this has something to do with what wiipower has been working on? Hopefully will fix the motion+ video problem that VT09, TW10 and GST have, Good work peeps!
biggrin.gif

rustybanana

Trophies
XP
Country
Im trying to use the alternate .dol setting with virtua tennis 2009, Can someone tell me what .dol I need to pop into the root of my sd card? Many thanks
smile.gif

swarmster

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
rustybanana said:
Awesome work on the ios reload support, I presume this has something to do with what wiipower has been working on? Hopefully will fix the motion+ video problem that VT09, TW10 and GST have, Good work peeps!
biggrin.gif
It won't have any effect on those games, unless maybe if you only want to see the movie and not play the game. It's not "IOS reload support", it's "alternate .dol support". You can load a .dol other than main.dol, which for some games (like Mortal Kombat and SSX) allows you to skip over the opening screens right into the main menu, avoiding the need to reload the IOS (again, for games that reload the IOS between the opening screens and the main menu, for example).

The MotionPlus videos may be linked to with their own .dol (I haven't looked), in which case you could boot right into the video, but the game would crash when it tries to reload the IOS for the main menu again.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I spoke too soon or again don't understand the changelog, but updating to 528, using rev13a does NOT fix Medal of Honors Heroes 2 or House of the Dead 2 &3.

Still freeze the same way at the same place.

Edit: Ah, just saw swarmster's post.
So we extract the .dol we want to load to our SD card and run that? How do we run it exactly?

swarmster

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hooya said:
Maybe I spoke too soon or again don't understand the changelog, but updating to 528, using rev13a does NOT fix Medal of Honors Heroes 2 or House of the Dead 2 &3.

Still freeze the same way at the same place.

Edit: Ah, just saw swarmster's post.
So we extract the .dol we want to load to our SD card and run that? How do we run it exactly?
Put the alternate .dol in the root of your SD and name it [6-letter game code].dol

There may also be a .dol load option in the game settings. I'm not at home so I can't check. Otherwise, after you do that you run the game normally and the loader knows to check the SD for the .dol first before going to main.dol in the iso.

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
Fecking A on implementing the .dol selection lads.
The alternate .dol settings seems to reset to OFF on reload of loader even after Saving game settings.
Just seems to be this as the other settings are save fine. Can anyone else confim?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MMMMMMMKAY people. As of rev529 there is a readmii.doc on the svn checkout. If you read it, most of your questions should be answered. But it only works if you read it. If you are one of the people compiling these dols and posting links, please, for the love of god, put this file in there.
smile.gif

Also, before you start asking about the dol replacement deal, please read http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=160710. It is also discussed a little bit here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158884&st=135. If you still don't understand it, then this feature is not for you and those games were not meant to be played on your wii.

reddevilmeuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, this may be a silly question but I'm at work and don't have access to my Wii's SD card nor do I spend much time playing with the Wii's setup, so bear with me...

I use a USB loader different from the GX version...

Q1. How do I install and use this one?
Q2. What benefits does it have?

Thanks in advance.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
MMMMMMMKAY people. As of rev529 there is a readmii.doc on the svn checkout. If you read it, most of your questions should be answered. But it only works if you read it. If you are one of the people compiling these dols and posting links, please, for the love of god, put this file in there.
smile.gif

Also, before you start asking about the dol replacement deal, please read http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=160710. It is also discussed a little bit here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158884&st=135. If you still don't understand it, then this feature is not for you and those games were not meant to be played on your wii.

Cool. I was one of the people testing out .dol replacement in that first thread, but I have no reason to follow neogamma at all since I have a modchip for playing actual disks (always 100% compatibility there, yaosm ftw). I did not know there was this new idea of just loading the second .dol from an alternative source than the disk. Makes good sense.

I think the readmii is a very good idea.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
reddevilmeuk said:
Hi, this may be a silly question but I'm at work and don't have access to my Wii's SD card nor do I spend much time playing with the Wii's setup, so bear with me...

I use a USB loader different from the GX version...

Q1. How do I install and use this one?
If you want to use it with the HBC, download the .dol (see previous page) and place it in SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/(boot.dol here)
You can also download the channel (first page) and use the wad manager to install it. The final option is the forwarder. It installs as a channel, but it simply loads the boot.dol on the sd card

Q2. What benefits does it have?
Read the first post. It has a nice GUI, can be translated, locked for childeren, themes, ....

Thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."