reddevilmeuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for your quick and very helpfull response
smile.gif

.dol | .wad | forwarders are a bit confusing when you dont mess with them..

what's the difference in them all ?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
reddevilmeuk said:
smile.gif

The .dol is the actual app. It can be loaded with the homebrew channel (or forwarder, see below)

The .wad will install a channel on you wii (so it appears next to your VC and WiiWare and stuff). This can be a normal channel or a forwarder channel. The normal channel has the app inside of its code, so it doesn't need the sd card to be inserted. The forwarder does need the SD card as the only thing it does is to load the boot.dol in SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/ (so its actually just a shortcut to the app)

jaykop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
where do i put the boot.dol for preloader do i put it in the apps folder as i have already got a boot.dol file sitting in my root of the sd card

reddevilmeuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
reddevilmeuk said:
smile.gif

The .dol is the actual app. It can be loaded with the homebrew channel (or forwarder, see below)

The .wad will install a channel on you wii (so it appears next to your VC and WiiWare and stuff). This can be a normal channel or a forwarder channel. The normal channel has the app inside of its code, so it doesn't need the sd card to be inserted. The forwarder does need the SD card as the only thing it does is to load the boot.dol in SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/ (so its actually just a shortcut to the app)

tj thanks
smile.gif

so i assume you can run multiple usb loaders? and dont need to worry about the IOS ?

shadow_shd

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
rustybanana said:
I guess the quest for ios reload continues
biggrin.gif

Hi,

I've just updated to r529 and tested the reloading of games without shutting down the Wii, as I understood it could be now possible.
I have cIOS 38 rev 13a and I use the forwarder channel (the last one).

1. Doesn't work with my 2 Gb SD card. I ran a game, returned to Wii menu, relaunched the loader, selected another game, black screen.
2. When I use my FAT32 partition, and when I launch the loader via the forwarder, the Wii returns by itself on the menu, before the loader runs.

++

FICKregistration

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
shadow_shd said:
Hi,

I've just updated to r529 and tested the reloading of games without shutting down the Wii, as I understood it could be now possible.

1. Doesn't work with my 2 Gb SD card. I ran a game, returned to Wii menu, relaunched the loader, selected another game, black screen.
2. When I use my FAT32 partition, and when I launch the loader via the forwarder, the Wii returns by itself on the menu, before the loader runs.

++

You Sir, are an Idiot

rustybanana

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
You Sir, are an Idiot

Simple case of someone misunderstanding. No need to come and start bashing people is there.

The alternate dol loading is for games like Mortal Kombat and house of the dead which have more than 1 dol. It isnt a fix for loading games one after the other
wink.gif

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to r529 and it doesn't work with custom dols. I checked the config file and there was no path for dol files. I went into path settings and saw the path defined there, tried changing it, then changed it back. Still no path in the cfg file. (I deleted all config files prior to loading r529)

I manually installed r528, deleted the config files and tested with MoH H2 and it works great
smile.gif

After getting it to work on r528 I updated again to r529 and still no alternate dol support...

Great job on r528!

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dexter222 said:
I updated to r529 and it doesn't work with custom dols. I checked the config file and there was no path for dol files. I went into path settings and saw the path defined there, tried changing it, then changed it back. Still no path in the cfg file.
I manually installed r528 and tested with MoH H2 and it works great
smile.gif

After getting it to work on r528 I updated again to r529 and still no alternate dol support...
Great job on r528!
I don't know what you did that was different than me. I put the crap for house of the dead on me SD card and ran it from the root. Them I put it in another folder on the SD cord and typed that path in the settings screen. I was able to launch it fine. Maybe it's my magic Wii again.

data0002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jaykop said:
where do i put the boot.dol for preloader do i put it in the apps folder as i have already got a boot.dol file sitting in my root of the sd card

Put it in the root of your sd card. then run preloader. click load file, install then set boot to file. restart wii then it will run. but first wait for neo to releast the new version of the file

shadow_shd

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
FICKregistration said:
shadow_shd said:
Hi,

++

You Sir, are an Idiot

Hey you, please don't come and offend me. I hate this kind of behavior. The idiot is you. End of discussion.

Excuse me moderators, but I can't tolerate this behavior, it's so easy to come and tell "you're an idiot" without any argue or without helping.

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
dexter222 said:
I updated to r529 and it doesn't work with custom dols. I checked the config file and there was no path for dol files. I went into path settings and saw the path defined there, tried changing it, then changed it back. Still no path in the cfg file.
I manually installed r528 and tested with MoH H2 and it works great
smile.gif

Great job on r528!
I don't know what you did that was different than me. I put the crap for house of the dead on me SD card and ran it from the root. Them I put it in another folder on the SD cord and typed that path in the settings screen. I was able to launch it fine. Maybe it's my magic Wii again.

I dunno... If it can be screwed up I'll be the one to do it lol Perhaps it was because I deleted my config files? No big deal I'm cool using r528 for now.

It won't save the settings for alternate dol in the game settings, either - I have to set it each time... maybe something else I'm doing wrong...

jdog006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shadow_shd said:
FICKregistration said:
shadow_shd said:
Hi,

++

You Sir, are an Idiot

Hey you, please don't come and offend me. I hate this kind of behavior. The idiot is you. End of discussion.

Excuse me moderators, but I can't tolerate this behavior, it's so easy to come and tell "you're an idiot" without any argue or without helping.

Dude, the problem that you are experiencing is the most widely reported and talked about issue with Waninkoko's new IOS.

You could put forth some effort and you would have your answer without inconveniencing anyone else or cluttering this GX thread with an issue that has nothing to do with the loader. Why not do some research to educate yourself a little instead of making it painfully obvious that you don't know what you are talking about. This thread is for Loader GX and you are a distraction and the coders have asked repeatedly for people to leave these irrelevant questions out of this thread. You would know that if you had taken the time and put forth a little effort.

If you can manage to set up a USB loader, I know you have the ability to read some readme files, change logs and FAQ's. I know you can do it.

urafudgehead

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Er, does anyone else get a problem playing wi-fi games? The single player parts of those games don't lag, but then when I get onto wi-fi, it lags like heck. It's not my internet either, I've got the original disc, and when I use that to play online, the loading times are way slower, but it doesn't lag when I go online. Am I doing something wrong?

shadow_shd

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
TeenTin said:
Would someone please compile r528, which support IOS reloading games.

QUOTE(jdog006 @ Jun 16 2009, 06:31 PM) Dude, the problem that you are experiencing is the most widely reported and talked about issue with Waninkoko's new IOS.

You could put forth some effort and you would have your answer without inconveniencing anyone else or cluttering this GX thread with an issue that has nothing to do with the loader. Why not do some research to educate yourself a little instead of making it painfully obvious that you don't know what you are talking about. This thread is for Loader GX and you are a distraction and the coders have asked repeatedly for people to leave these irrelevant questions out of this thread. You would know that if you had taken the time and put forth a little effort.

If you can manage to set up a USB loader, I know you have the ability to read some readme files, change logs and FAQ's. I know you can do it.

I've just read what TeenTin said (quoted) and thought that a solution to this issue was resolved with the revision 528. I know the issue comes from the cIOS and not from the loader, but I thought naively that one of the great coder of this loader had found a work-around.

It wasn't necessary to offend me, with gently words it would have been OK. I can understand that noob questions like mine are irritating, by my work I spend my all days answering stupid questions because peoples don't read manuals and help files.

Moderators, excuse me again for this off topic, I just believed something wrong, and now I know what to think about all this.

Empyr69er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, so this replacing of .dol files seems real cool to me. I have ALWAYS wanted to boot up MOH:H2, but it is one of those games with the IOS switchup. Question(s): Do I have to extract the ISO from the HD and somehow get the .dol file out of the iso file? if so what is the name of the .dol needed to successfully boot this mystical game?

M

Mycah

I'm sure this has been asked before, but we're almost on page 500 on this thread and I couldn't find it in the linked FAQ.

I have the USB ethernet adapter. When I try to download covers and disk scans, it core dumps.

Is there something I need to change, or is this currently unsupported?

Thank you in advance!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1