• Replies 29,363
  • Likes 48

xplus93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, it copy the channel from SD to internal NAND, then launch it.
Though, the format on SD card is a single per-console encrypted binary file, not a wad or extracted files which can be installed or moved to NAND.

If you want to launch a channel stored from your SD card, you need to exit to home menu and use the official method.

EmuNAND is useful if you have a lot of channels installed and not enough space on your Wii, and to prevent exiting to home menu.
It allows you to launch them without waiting for the transfer before playing it. You have 2TB of space instead of the limited NAND size.
Though, with usbLoaderGX, not all channels are working. you need wiiflow/neek to play some channels (nobody made/maintained a list of non working games on USBGX).

What I was asking is if you could implement a similar feature. Like have a blank space set aside, copy data into that and launch that title. The only problem I see is that the wii will think it's launching a different title than it actually is. Although since its launching from the original nand and all it has is a different title then compatibility would be the same as if it was installed normally.

Jademalo

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone have any with my problem?
I've tried every combination of options I can think of, and it does the same thing every time. I've run out of ideas entirely now =[

Hey, I'm having a bit of a nightmare getting Excite Truck PAL to load.

Every other game I've tested so far works fine, but ET has a perculier problem. I've checked the hashes with redump, and I'm positive that it's a good dump (I've tried three times now.)
When I go to load the game, it kicks me back to the HBC. I read something about SD cards being funny with it, but even if I remove that I get the same problem. In addition, it's the only one of my games that doesn't display the banner. I've tried clearing the banner cache, but the issue still stands.
It also loads fine on Dolphin etc.

Any ideas?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry, I don't know why it's not working.
I have that game, and it worked fine (it's been a long time since I didn't launch it, so I don't know if it still work, but it used to).

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't think I will add other homebrew features inside the loader "as is".
But I could add different things individually, like the option to set video mode to 16:9 on WiiU 4.x without using an aspect ratio fixer beforehand.

I don't currently work on the loader. I don't know when I'll do (and I hope my PC will be fine, I lost a HDD (again) but hopefully in a RAID, trying to rescue my data before losing everything)

garbanzox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've installed r1218_mod01 but can only run it through HBC. Is there a forwarder or channel installer out there?

Thanks!

DarkStalkerBR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Cyan,

sorry for not coming back this last weeks.

Just to remember, I have some problems using my Flash Drives, keeping saves files on wii and downloading DLCs for Just Dance series.
After updating some things with ModMii, I got one of the flash drives to work, but a small one (8GB).

So I bought a 1TB Samsung M3 portable HDD and want to use just Emunand for everything.
I made a dump, and tested some Wii Game, GC games and WiiWare games (via ShowMiiWads). All are working fine! And I'm happy with it! :-)

So I decided to download all DLC for Just Dance series for my wife, hoping this time that it will finally works.
I downloaded all DLCs for Just Dance 3, and half way, it is going fine. But after downloaded the last song, the usb loader gx crashes when
sorting music files on the songs menu. Crashes on "Retriving SD card Information" or something like this message.
And now it Freezes all the time on this same screen for this JD3 game!

1 - What can I do?! :-(

Other Just Dance games, like JD 4 or JD 2014, that I already have installed on real nand the wad hack so I can download the songs. I installed it before dump nand to emunand.

I'm using 1218_mod01 (249) version o usbloader gx.
Using ShowMiiWads I remove some channels, but keep the Nintendo Channel, Mii Channel, some hidden and system that don't have description.
All like Photo Channel, Wii Shop Channel I have deleted.

I also have have tried to install the hack wad to emunand on USB Loader GX, It it freezes on 0,9%.
On Wad Manager it shows an error message, but do the work to download DLCs for free on game.

2 - Trying it on Usb Loader GX to Emunand, can corrupted it (EmuNand)?!

In 2012 I have downloaded to SD Card some DLCs songs, using Just Dance internal shop, but don't remember what JD version it is).

3 - Where this game series save DLCs on SD Card so I can check if it is there?

Just want to almost end my final Wii/GC/WiiWare/DLC set for this console, but can't find o WAD DLC site for an offline installation of all DLCs (via showmiiwads).
And now have this problems with JD.

4 - How can I get all JD Series DLCs for use exclusively on Emunand (FULL Channel and save)
and no freeze/crash loading from my External HDD?

5 - For a next JD game, how can I install a wad hack on a Emunand without have to reconstruct everything (new dump)?!

Can you please help me with all this questions?! I know that is alot...
I tried to explain all with details here. Tell me if something is not clear or miss.

Thank you for all your help!

DarkStalkerBR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit1: Sorry for double post.

Edit2:

This is my Syscheck.
sysCheck v2.1.0b19 by Double_A and R2-D2199, Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.1U (v449)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 2008.07.14
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58
HomebrewFilter ist nicht installiert
Hollywood v0x21
Console ID: XXX
Boot2 v4
Found 116 titles.
Found 56 IOS on this console. 4 of them are stub.

IOS3 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS51 (rev 4864): Trucha Bug
IOS52 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS80 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS202[60] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223[38+37] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS225[60] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS236[36] (rev 65535, Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS245[37] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS246[38] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS247[53] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS248[55] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS249[56] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS251[58] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10 (DIOS MIOS 2.6.1+)

Report generated on 2014/02/10.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I downloaded all DLCs for Just Dance 3, and half way, it is going fine. But after downloaded the last song, the usb loader gx crashes when
sorting music files on the songs menu. Crashes on "Retriving SD card Information" or something like this message.
And now it Freezes all the time on this same screen for this JD3 game!

1 - What can I do?! :-(
Are you sure it's USBLoaderGX which is crashing?
USBLoaderGX is not "sorting music files"; it's Just Dance 3 which is sorting the music file. USBLoaderGX is not in memory anymore when you are playing a game.
Try to put your EmuNAND folder on USB to see if it fix the SD card access in games.

I also have have tried to install the hack wad to emunand on USB Loader GX, It it freezes on 0,9%.
On Wad Manager it shows an error message, but do the work to download DLCs for free on game.
Maybe it's your Wad which is bad.

2 - Trying it on Usb Loader GX to Emunand, can corrupted it (EmuNand)?!
it can corrupt your EmuNAND if your wad is already corrupted/bad. it will install to EmuNAND what's inside the Wad file. That's all. it will replace existing files with new ones. if the new files are bad, you will have a bad/corrupted emuNAND.

In 2012 I have downloaded to SD Card some DLCs songs, using Just Dance internal shop, but don't remember what JD version it is).

3 - Where this game series save DLCs on SD Card so I can check if it is there?
I don't know.
Probably in /private/ folder, in a sub-folder with your GameID.

4 - How can I get all JD Series DLCs for use exclusively on Emunand (FULL Channel and save)
and no freeze/crash loading from my External HDD?
I don't know. I don't have these games, and never downloaded DLCs.

5 - For a next JD game, how can I install a wad hack on a Emunand without have to reconstruct everything (new dump)?!
Should be as easy a using any Wad installer/manager.

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been meaning to ask this but i wanted to choose my words carefully so i don't confuse anyone. I'm using this app currently on my WiiU with a y cable enabled USB device, but for some reason when i load the Wii titles together in the menu the program chokes for a minute accompanied with the cursor lag. Everything goes back to normal once the games load, the games even play fine, i'm just wondering what would cause something like this and if it's fixable. It didn't happen on the Wii.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
copyright issue with google. (some random user posted a copyrighted video in the thread)

That thread issue wasn't really used anymore.
It was used when Dimok worked on adding Channel layout for 3.0, as he didn't commit new svn until the new layout was fully added but still worked on new features and bug fixes, he created that thread to post beta releases.
If I really need to beta test something, It's usually a reported bug from a user here and I contact him directly in PM to debug it. if there's a bug, you can post it as its own issue in the googlecode issue tab.

Now, when I post a new revision in that thread, everybody can compile it and host it and release it, it's not really beta anymore.

either I post a new revision on svn, or I post a mod (like 1218_mod1) here and there.
I should commit the mod1 as 1219 as I didn't had time to add the other options I planned.
I'll also push the next revision in the auto-update for users using the dol (not the full channel).

Reactions: GamerSince83

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your SD card write protected?
if it's write protected, the loader seems to hang and lag a lot. (probably a bad SD card read/write test in our code)

Unfortunately that isn't the case, i also failed to mention that it waits 20 seconds at start-up even when the drive is plugged in, then it takes about 45 seconds to load the drive, then it continues to the GUI. I'm really hoping it isn't an issue with the underpowered USB ports in the WiiU.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill