United States
    c'mon, you wont miss the 200meg in a 500+ gb hdd [​IMG]

i have no codedumps with and without the "virtual cd" drive
    (wii btw doesnt see that anyway)

2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight
    Former Staff

France
    it's not for the lost space, it's for the way WD is forcing users to use shit of their own without any possibility left to the user choice.
    and by the way it's 650MB, so yes I could store a lot of data in the unused space. I bought the disk sayng "320GB" I'm hoping to see 320GB usable !
    That's just for principle. it wasn't stated on the box that the user will have 650GB less data.

3. mousex

mousex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    gparted will be able to delete this partition I guess [​IMG]

4. r-win

r-win GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Moose13, it also works globally, but then you should enable parental controls in the Wii Settings, not in GX. Choose the age restriction there, and the gamelist will be filtered of games which do not match up to the restriction.

5. Arm the Homeless

Arm the Homeless Custom Title

United States
    Pppsh. Everyone uses fdisk. [​IMG]

6. EeZeEpEe

EeZeEpEe GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    See if you can return it then. That virtual CD was the reason I got the WD Elements Portable instead. Just curious though, what does it say for the bigger partition? There was a thread here previously where someone said the virtual cd partition took up more than 650 MBs and the bigger partition capacity was 290 GB when it should be around 298 GB.

7. EeZeEpEe

United States
    Neither will work. Google "western digital remove virtual cd" or "western digital remove smartware" and eventually it's been mentioned that partition is in the firmware and even Western Digital is working on a way to make it removable now. You can make it hidden but that's about it.

8. CatKira

CatKira Newbie
    Newcomer

Hello,

1st post here [​IMG]

I have been using usb loader for some weeks now, and today i realized there was NTFS Support, so i formatted my 8Go USB Key (NTFS), but now when i try to instal a game in the key thru the loader (button "+"), the system crashes.

I tried yith CFG usb loader, and it says the partition NTFS is 7.45 GB. and there is 0.00 free space, even if there is nothing on it.

Is it a known issue, or is it only me, i didnt find anything about this.

Thanks.

9. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight
    Former Staff

France
    My brother's is 297GB, so I think it's the correct capacity.
    The WD firmware update hides the UDF partition from windows disk manager too. it's like it wasn't there anymore.
    Sorry for all the out of topic talk here ^^,

It's working with GX, so it's ok [​IMG]

10. mousex

mousex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I don't have such a drive so no need to google [​IMG]
    And I guess Arm knows that fdisk doesn't work, it's called irony. because fdisk is such a great tool compared with gparted [​IMG]

11. r-win

r-win GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Well, you've just found a bug...the + button shouldn't be visible when using NTFS. I guess it's not the bug you intended to find, but NTFS partitions are mounted read only. Therefor, it's not possible to install games using a USB Loader. You should install games on your PC when using NTFS.

12. EeZeEpEe

United States
    That's not too bad then. Nice to hear you got it working now.

13. CatKira

CatKira Newbie
    Newcomer

Hello thanks for the reply.

1- The "+" button was showing only after going into the settings.
    2- I refomated my key into FAT32, and the system still crashes, but only with USB Loader GX, with CFG I can upload the game.

Thx anyway [​IMG]

14. jckmayor

jckmayor Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    was wondering if someone can help me. I have been using this for a year and no problems. Today I want to play a game that I use cios222 for, which I have used before. I upgraded the loader online today and when I went to play the game I get cios222 not found and it said using cios249 and then I get a dump. Try reinstalling cios222 and it still keeps happeining? Do not get why it is not finding it...thanks

15. frostii

frostii GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks for the reply, but installing 223 didn't fix the problem. I had ios 222 installed with 38 merge 37, then i tried installing ios 223 with 38 merge 37 and still got the same problem.
    Any other suggestions ???

16. Morphx2

Morphx2 Member
    Newcomer

Any idea why I am getting a black screen after it says "Loading USB Loader GX"?

17. giantpune

giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    because you have a stub IOS probably. if you are using a recent version of the loader, and you start it from HBC, it will give some useful debug output. but without any of that info, im guessing that you have not got a cIOS that it is trying to load.

18. vosszaa
    This message by vosszaa has been removed from public view by x65943, Oct 30, 2018, Reason: dupe.
    Dec 31, 2009
  19. Morphx2

Morphx2 Member
    Newcomer

I did start it from HBC and it just gives a black screen and I have to hard reset. How do I fix a stub IOS? I just tried the cIOS38r16 installer and get the message "Install error! (ret = -1035)

20. FISHERMAN

FISHERMAN Member
    Newcomer

Greece
    i have thesame problem with the boys. I am using gxloader for so long with no problems.After the last online update i get "cant load cios" error e.t.c. i installed hermes222-223, ciosv16 and tried as many things i could think off ..like pimp my wii. The only solution is to use an older version of gxloader like 771 which works fine. Any suggestions???

21. r-win

r-win GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Yes, you should get yourself a decent guide on how to install cios on a 4.2 system. Nintendo installed stubs into the common used locations, which you have to remove first.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Loader,