• Views 7,167,695
  • Replies 29,363
  • Likes 48

wwwombat42

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Replicated post here to see if it gets more traction.

TLDR:-
1) WRONG DATE/TIME (somewhere in 2016 vs current) if using "Rotating Disc" instead of "Banner Animation" for GAME WINDOW MODE.
2) Can we have a separate flag to allow updates to STAR RATINGS? (currently part of "Block Game Settings")

------------ original, full post follows -----------------------------

I am on what I believe is currently the most recent version of USB Loader GX (version 3.0 r1281)

If it matters I have a soft-modded 4.3E Australian (PAL) Wii. Most of the Wii library I have runs well apart from a few graphical glitches or refusals to start (suspected hard-coded USA checks in games like The USA-only $1,000,000 Pyramid and The Amazing Race which I don't care to pursue further at the moment)

I wish to question the following two anomalies:-

1) DATE/TIME PROBLEM SPECIFICALLY WITH USB LOADER GX
The Wii System Clock has been accurately set to the current 2024 date and time for my region. It keeps time accurately across many reboots so no suspected dramas with any internal battery.

But some games that noticeably depend on the date (Animal Crossing: Let's Go To The City, EA Sports Active 1 & 2, We Wish You A Merry Christmas, Wii Fit / Plus) that question the veracity of the date/time when starting, get a WRONG DATE/TIME!!!! I haven't checked but I also suspect every game's save game probably has the "wrong" datestamp as well then.

For example, today's date/time of 23 FEB 2024 5:17p.m. it believes is 29 MAR 2016 12:42a.m. (or something close to that)

After lots of investigation and quite a bit of empirical trial & error, I have stumbled on a "resolution" in that if I set the USB LOADER GUI option of "Game Window Mode" to BANNER ANIMATION then the date/time returned WILL BE THE CORRECT DATE.

However (for reasons I describe in my next question), I have this set to ROTATING DISC, and this returns the wrong date/time as described above.

It's been a while since the 1281 update so I wonder if anyone else can confirm this anomaly and, once confirmed, whether the coders of USB LOADER GX can identify where the discrepancy may lie (and indeed where the alternate wrong date/time is pulled from in that particular circumstance)?

2) PARENTAL CONTROL - RATING STARS (TIED TO BLOCK GAME SETTINGS)
I'm trying to child/family-proof the Wii from accidental changes as much as possible using the PARENTAL CONTROL feature of USB Loader GX.

However I wish to leave the option to change the STAR RATING on games open for adjustment. This however seems to be tied to the "Block Game Settings" option and must be set to OFF to allow this. However this also opens up access to ALLl Game Loader Settings which is what I don't want. Setting this value to ON not only hides the Game Loader Settings but also hides the display of the STAR RATING on the BANNER ANIMATION game window (and thus the potential opportunity to change it.)

It might be an anomaly but I did notice that setting the USB LOADER GUI option of "Game Window Mode" to ROTATING DISC (instead of BANNER ANIMATION), along with "Block Game Settings" to ON, does prevent access to the Game Loader Settings but still DOES ALLOW the ability to change the STAR RATING... Okay, not my first preference, but I can live with that.

But then I noticed the DATE/TIME issue as described in bullet-point (1) and I require that feature moreso than this. Unless that gets resolved though, could the devs contemplate a SEPARATE flag to control the STAR RATING display setting and whether it can therefore adjusted / not tied to the "Block Game Settings" option?

Reactions: ChibiMofo

luk234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
The meta.xml can be adjusted with arguments (I believe the arg is commented by default in the meta) to switch the start up ios

I tried this but i just ended replicating my current problem (doesn't work on startup, but will work if usb loader gx is reloaded somehow). I also noticed that if I return from a game, the cios will be correctly loaded. For example, I can start ULGX, go into the homebrew channel from ULGX itself (this will give fakemote support in the homebrew channel! pretty pointless but it works), then return, now the usb controller will work. Is this even a problem with ULGX at this point or should I be looking at troubleshooting fakemote? Thanks in advance

Oddx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Replicated post here to see if it gets more traction.

TLDR:-
1) WRONG DATE/TIME (somewhere in 2016 vs current) if using "Rotating Disc" instead of "Banner Animation" for GAME WINDOW MODE.
2) Can we have a separate flag to allow updates to STAR RATINGS? (currently part of "Block Game Settings")

------------ original, full post follows -----------------------------

I am on what I believe is currently the most recent version of USB Loader GX (version 3.0 r1281)

If it matters I have a soft-modded 4.3E Australian (PAL) Wii. Most of the Wii library I have runs well apart from a few graphical glitches or refusals to start (suspected hard-coded USA checks in games like The USA-only $1,000,000 Pyramid and The Amazing Race which I don't care to pursue further at the moment)

I wish to question the following two anomalies:-

1) DATE/TIME PROBLEM SPECIFICALLY WITH USB LOADER GX
The Wii System Clock has been accurately set to the current 2024 date and time for my region. It keeps time accurately across many reboots so no suspected dramas with any internal battery.

But some games that noticeably depend on the date (Animal Crossing: Let's Go To The City, EA Sports Active 1 & 2, We Wish You A Merry Christmas, Wii Fit / Plus) that question the veracity of the date/time when starting, get a WRONG DATE/TIME!!!! I haven't checked but I also suspect every game's save game probably has the "wrong" datestamp as well then.

For example, today's date/time of 23 FEB 2024 5:17p.m. it believes is 29 MAR 2016 12:42a.m. (or something close to that)

After lots of investigation and quite a bit of empirical trial & error, I have stumbled on a "resolution" in that if I set the USB LOADER GUI option of "Game Window Mode" to BANNER ANIMATION then the date/time returned WILL BE THE CORRECT DATE.

However (for reasons I describe in my next question), I have this set to ROTATING DISC, and this returns the wrong date/time as described above.

It's been a while since the 1281 update so I wonder if anyone else can confirm this anomaly and, once confirmed, whether the coders of USB LOADER GX can identify where the discrepancy may lie (and indeed where the alternate wrong date/time is pulled from in that particular circumstance)?

2) PARENTAL CONTROL - RATING STARS (TIED TO BLOCK GAME SETTINGS)
I'm trying to child/family-proof the Wii from accidental changes as much as possible using the PARENTAL CONTROL feature of USB Loader GX.

However I wish to leave the option to change the STAR RATING on games open for adjustment. This however seems to be tied to the "Block Game Settings" option and must be set to OFF to allow this. However this also opens up access to ALLl Game Loader Settings which is what I don't want. Setting this value to ON not only hides the Game Loader Settings but also hides the display of the STAR RATING on the BANNER ANIMATION game window (and thus the potential opportunity to change it.)

It might be an anomaly but I did notice that setting the USB LOADER GUI option of "Game Window Mode" to ROTATING DISC (instead of BANNER ANIMATION), along with "Block Game Settings" to ON, does prevent access to the Game Loader Settings but still DOES ALLOW the ability to change the STAR RATING... Okay, not my first preference, but I can live with that.

But then I noticed the DATE/TIME issue as described in bullet-point (1) and I require that feature moreso than this. Unless that gets resolved though, could the devs contemplate a SEPARATE flag to control the STAR RATING display setting and whether it can therefore adjusted / not tied to the "Block Game Settings" option?

The source is out on github. Fell free to make changes and maybe they will be adopted. Not sure what bb has already fixed in his next version but its been in the works for a while.

luk234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Have u also checked the global GX settings to adjust the ios there?

Yeah, I set the "Loader ios" and "Game ios" to 252 both. I also changed it directly in the cfg file. If I start from the forwarder or hbc doesn't really make a difference, I need to force the "reload" for the changes to take effect.
I'm considering forcing ULGX to autoboot into a game so I can quit it with the usb pad, but it doesn't seem to work with installed channels, only wbfs games.

luk234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Good idea, I'm gonna try editing a few of my forwarders sometime this week and see what I can do. Thanks a lot for your responses!

eff_me

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a headscratcher (for me anyways) wii on 4.1. i open usb loader gx and it shows my wii and gamecube games no problem. i can load and play either platform, no problem. i go to the top where you can choose wii or gamecube games. select wii games and again no problem, just shows wii games. the problem lies when i try to just check gamecube games. the screen stays at wii games and nothing is selectable. (games, settings, return to wii menu, etc) i have to force power off by holding thr power button on the wii. i have let it sit 20 min to make sure it wasnt still loading. when i turn it back on it will just show my wii games. gamecube games are not available/visible. the only way to get the gamecube games back on screen, is to restore defaults within usb loadergx. and then as per the definition of insanity, do it again and hope for a different outcome. been at it for several hours. the only difference is that i am now using a 2tb hard drive, however it is formatted to fat32 using raspberry pi, so im hoping there isnt an issue there? i have formatted a second hard drive the same way, and same results. why would usb loader see it after default settings, but then not see it after i select just gamecube games? i have verifiedthe path is correct, but i would assume if it wasnt correct, they wouldnt show at all. also, when im in the loader settings, i can see every one of the gamecube games, they just dont show on screen after i check gamecube. any help would be appreciated.

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i have a headscratcher (for me anyways) wii on 4.1. i open usb loader gx and it shows my wii and gamecube games no problem. i can load and play either platform, no problem. i go to the top where you can choose wii or gamecube games. select wii games and again no problem, just shows wii games. the problem lies when i try to just check gamecube games. the screen stays at wii games and nothing is selectable. (games, settings, return to wii menu, etc) i have to force power off by holding thr power button on the wii. i have let it sit 20 min to make sure it wasnt still loading. when i turn it back on it will just show my wii games. gamecube games are not available/visible. the only way to get the gamecube games back on screen, is to restore defaults within usb loadergx. and then as per the definition of insanity, do it again and hope for a different outcome. been at it for several hours. the only difference is that i am now using a 2tb hard drive, however it is formatted to fat32 using raspberry pi, so im hoping there isnt an issue there? i have formatted a second hard drive the same way, and same results. why would usb loader see it after default settings, but then not see it after i select just gamecube games? i have verifiedthe path is correct, but i would assume if it wasnt correct, they wouldnt show at all. also, when im in the loader settings, i can see every one of the gamecube games, they just dont show on screen after i check gamecube. any help would be appreciated.
Good morning,

post a syscheck report, please.

is your hard drive MBR?

several problems can arise, see with this ==>
https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx-troubleshooting-guide.617564/

eff_me

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is my syscheck

SysCheck ME v2.5.0 by blackb0x, JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199 and Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.1U (v54449)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 12.18.2008
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58

Hollywood v0x21
Console ID: 150824517
Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: United States (49)
Boot2 v4
Found 236 titles.
Found 54 IOS on this console. 4 of them are stubs.

IOS3 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11[60] (rev 65535, Info: ModMii-IOS60-v6174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20[60] (rev 65535, Info: ModMii-IOS60-v6174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30[60] (rev 65535, Info: ModMii-IOS60-v6174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40[60] (rev 65535, Info: ModMii-IOS60-v6174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50[60] (rev 65535, Info: ModMii-IOS60-v6174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52[60] (rev 65535, Info: ModMii-IOS60-v6174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 65535, Info: ModMii-IOS60-v6174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70[60] (rev 65535, Info: ModMii-IOS60-v6174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS80[60] (rev 65535, Info: ModMii-IOS60-v6174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS90 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS202[60] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v4.0): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223[38] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v4.0): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, Beer Ticket
IOS247[37] (rev 21006, Info: d2x-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS248[38] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v11beta1): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS249[56] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v11beta1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v11beta1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS251[58] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v11beta1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v65535
Report generated on 03/03/2024.

i dont think its the hard drive because i can load it onto my wii and it works fine. i havebeen trying to update my sisters wii so i have both here to try, but it is the toshiba canvio basics

DorDur215

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello,

I want to report a very small issue, if it is even an issue at all.

So when I play New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Europe, Rev2) using the latest USB Loader GX release (v3.0-r1281), every time I pick up a star powerup and every time the "Hurry Up!" music starts playing (100 seconds left in a level, I think?), there is a mini game freeze.

I guess this happens because it can't load the music fast enough?

Again, this is a very small issue, but I just wanted to mention it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up