• Views 7,216,308
  • Replies 29,375
  • Likes 48

hadi aulia

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I actually seen your post the other day, but I assumed you'd figured out the problem since you'd found and liked my post.

If Priiloader isn't critical to your setup then I'd recommend uninstalling it until I release a new update. Otherwise changing the game window mode to rotating disc will work around the problem.
There also missing ui on banner view after priiloader installed on vwii IMG20230903175550.jpg

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
https://github.com/DacoTaco/priiloader/issues/348

Definitely feel it is something Priiloader related, however DacoTaco seemed to think it was USB Loader GX related
That's actually a separate issue that I've addressed in this post.

What you're describing is different because if you boot certain games and then select to return to the system menu your console freezes. And this only occurs when Priiloaders installed.

I didn't ask this before, but what's displayed on your screen when your console freezes? And did you check if the issue also occurs if you configure Priiloader to boot and return to the homebrew channel?

There also missing ui on banner view after priiloader installed on vwii
Yeah, that's part of the same issue that you linked to. It'll be resolved when I release an update.

Last edited by blackb0x,

Amuro-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys, today i got a GBA SP in 80-90 bucks and i want to connect to my Wii with Nintendont.
I had to turn on "native controllers" in game settings, right?
Also: I use "original" (Well, most of my wired controllers, are Gamecube originals controllers, and i had a chinese copy wavebird), it's better to keep "native controllers" turn on all time?
it's actually not necessary, but it's good to check just in case

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@blackb0x the post you linked to in your most recent reply to me is the exact issue I am encountering. It seems you have a fix in place to address this so until the next release I will proceed without Priiloader installed. Thank you for your time and effort in responding to my inquiry.

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just upgraded from 1271 (or 72 can't really remember) to 1281 and I noticed straight away that the sound inside loader is a bit crushed, like when something it's too high pitched. It's especially evident when pressing home. Is this a known issue?

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just upgraded from 1271 (or 72 can't really remember) to 1281 and I noticed straight away that the sound inside loader is a bit crushed, like when something it's too high pitched. It's especially evident when pressing home. Is this a known issue?
The background music is an obvious change, since it originally had a hiss to it and it didn't loop correctly. But the other sounds are identical when it comes to their pitch.

Some of the file types and sample rates were changed, but you shouldn't be able to hear a difference.

You can compare the files for yourself by downloading the new ones and the old ones.

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The background music is an obvious change, since it originally had a hiss to it and it didn't loop correctly. But the other sounds are identical when it comes to their pitch.

Some of the file types and sample rates were changed, but you shouldn't be able to hear a difference.

You can compare the files for yourself by downloading the new ones and the old ones.
The sounds are identical, no doubt about it, in fact I believe it's a glitch and that despite the fact that they're the same sounds, they're played differently. I'm not the first person to notice it either: https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx.149922/post-10103206

You can check for yourself while in system menu, press home and listen carefully to that ding. Then do that in usb loader gx 1281 and you'll notice that ding is a bit messed up, like when an audio file is too compressed. Trust me it's very obvious, I noticed it straight away from 71 to 81 and I'm definitely not imagining things.

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They were talking about the background music, which was deliberately changed.

You can check for yourself while in system menu, press home and listen carefully to that ding. Then do that in usb loader gx 1281 and you'll notice that ding is a bit messed up, like when an audio file is too compressed. Trust me it's very obvious, I noticed it straight away from 71 to 81 and I'm definitely not imagining things.
Okay, so I put r1271 and r1281 side by side and recorded the audio with my phone and for some reason that picked up a slight difference.

The original files were already poor quality, so I guess I could just recrate all of the audio files. However, this would mean that some things would sound very different than what you're accustomed to.

Reactions: marchrius

benfll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a way to make SD card mode the default? So I don't have to press A every time. Also is there a way to make games display their actual titles instead of the codenames (Wii Sports instead of SPORTS PACK FOR REVOLUTION)

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@blackb0x Is there any prediction for the release of the update? I am looking forward to it because it will finally be practically 100% catalog compatibility
All I can say is that I'd like to have a new release out before the end of the year.

Is there a way to make SD card mode the default?
If you've got USB Loader GX installed to Priiloader then you should uninstall it, since that prevents the loaders updater and SD card mode from working correctly.

Instead of installing the loaders DOL file you should install the UNEO channel booter DOL file for Priiloader. Information on how to do that can be found here.

If you do don't have USB Loader GX installed to Priiloader then check that your SD card isn't in read only mode.

Also is there a way to make games display their actual titles instead of the codenames (Wii Sports instead of SPORTS PACK FOR REVOLUTION)
Settings > Updates > WiiTDB.xml

Last edited by blackb0x,

benfll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All I can say is that I'd like to have a new release out before the end of the year.

If you've got USB Loader GX installed to Priiloader then you should uninstall it, since that prevents the loaders updater and SD card mode from working correctly.

Instead of installing the loaders DOL file you should install the UNEO channel booter DOL file for Priiloader. Information on how to do that can be found here.

If you do don't have USB Loader GX installed to Priiloader then check that your SD card isn't in read only mode.

Settings > Updates > WiiTDB.xml
I don't think it's installed to Priiloader or anything like that, I just downloaded it from the Homebrew Browser? SD card mode functions fine there's nothing broken, I just want to stop it from defaulting to USB mode so I don't have to press A every time I launch it.

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SD card mode functions fine there's nothing broken, I just want to stop it from defaulting to USB mode so I don't have to press A every time I launch it.
Okay, so you're not using Priiloader to autoboot the loader and your SD card isn't in read only mode?
  1. Launch USB Loader GX from the homebrew channel
  2. Press A to activate SD card mode
  3. Press the home button and select to return to the homebrew channel
  4. Launch USB Loader GX from the homebrew channel again
Does that boot you into USB Loader GX and automatically apply SD card mode? It should.

If you're launching USB Loader GX via an old channel forwarder or a game shortcut (WiiGSC) then this could be the cause of your problem.

Last edited by blackb0x,

benfll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, so you're not using Priiloader to autoboot the loader and your SD card isn't in read only mode?
  1. Launch USB Loader GX from the homebrew channel
  2. Press A to activate SD card mode
  3. Press the home button and select to return to the homebrew channel
  4. Launch USB Loader GX from the homebrew channel again
Does that boot you into USB Loader GX and automatically apply SD card mode? It should.

If you're launching USB Loader GX via an old channel forwarder or a game shortcut (WiiGSC) then this could be the cause of your problem.
No, I'm just launching it from the Homebrew Channel but every time I get the "Waiting for HDD … A to enable SD card mode" screen, even after selecting that the first time.

Thank you for the help with the game titles.

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, I'm just launching it from the Homebrew Channel but every time I get the "Waiting for HDD … A to enable SD card mode" screen, even after selecting that the first time.
If you go to Settings > Custom Paths almost everything is set to the SD card, right?

Currently it seems like either your SD card has it's lock switch enabled or meta.xml is set to read only.

You could manually edit meta.xml to enable arguments and change <arg>--sdmode=0</arg> to <arg>--sdmode=1</arg>. This shouldn't normally be necessary though.

benfll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you go to Settings > Custom Paths almost everything is set to the SD card, right?

Currently it seems like either your SD card has it's lock switch enabled or meta.xml is set to read only.

You could manually edit meta.xml to enable arguments and change <arg>--sdmode=0</arg> to <arg>--sdmode=1</arg>. This shouldn't normally be necessary though.
In custom paths everything is somewhere on the the SD card except for Main GameCube Path. The card definitely isn't read only and other homebrew apps have no trouble writing to it.
I don't understand what I have to change in meta.xml, there isn't a line that says sdmode, do I have to add it?

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In custom paths everything is somewhere on the the SD card except for Main GameCube Path. The card definitely isn't read only and other homebrew apps have no trouble writing to it.
I don't understand what I have to change in meta.xml, there isn't a line that says sdmode, do I have to add it?
When installing USB Loader GX you should extract the loaders apps folder to your SD card and then select yes to replace all files if prompted. That way you'll get an updated meta.xml file too.

Because you've experienced issues you should probably delete your existing installation (sd:/apps/usbloader_gx) and then reinstall the loader.

To edit the meta.xml file you'd open the file in notepad, remove the two lines containing remove this line to enable arguments, adjust the required argument and then save the file.

Last edited by blackb0x,

benfll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When installing USB Loader GX you should extract the loaders apps folder to your SD card and then select yes to replace all files if prompted. That way you'll get an updated meta.xml file too.

Because you've experienced issues you should probably delete your existing installation (sd:/apps/usbloader_gx) and then reinstall the loader.

To edit the meta.xml file you'd open the file in notepad, remove the two lines containing remove this line to enable arguments, adjust the required argument and then save the file.
I installed via the Homebrew Browser, is that not the recommended way to install?

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by blackb0x,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We should all tell Xdqwerty when he gets old enough to build his own pc
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got 7 case fans in mine, replaced 4 when some broke cus they ran loud and wonky
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so i bought spares even
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    9 in mine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn things ramp up when it decides to do even a little work
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i could fit 9, 2 at bottom i skipped
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Changed them to silent mode in bios helped a little
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i dont want the bottom fans blowing the gpu fans spinning
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eminem's daughter got married apparently it should've been me :nayps3:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    guess she got the better fling
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean he did dad's loaded
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    papa eminem approved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grampainem
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored of HD2 lately
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    too burned out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    from gameplay and drama
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I keep hunting for apps and forget half of them are already widgets on my home screen
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    almost everything gets shuved as some taskbar process
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What is HD2?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Helldivers 2
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    the game has as much bugs ingame as well as in RL
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That games so mixed I hear people praise or say they love it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's both, they love it and hate it just as much
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like we get mixed reviews but that games globally mixed like mj
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    love the gameplay, hate the buggy mess it's also in, much drama and controversy also related due to sony being sony
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: love the gameplay, hate the buggy mess it's also in, much drama and controversy also related due...