USB Loader GX

By cyrex, Apr 19, 2009 5,938,381 26,923 39

1. ca032769

ca032769 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yes that sounds weird. What guide did you mod the Wii from and can you post a system check so we can see what your setup is.

If your Wii was modded a long time a go I'd recommend using ModMii to fix it, see link in my signature. You can take that system check and have ModMii just update the needed items and you should be good to go.

And I almost forgot. You're using a real external hard drive with a power cord or an external drive with a Y-Cable correct? If you're using a Flash Drive / USB Pen / Whatever you want to call it STOP!! Other then not having everything up to date on your Wii It's most likely the cause of your issues.

jeannotte and alexander1970 like this.
  2. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Addict

France
    Hello,

What is your usb support (usb key or external hard drive) ??

How is it formatted (NTFS, wbfs, fat 32) ??

RECOMMEND ==> FAT 32

alexander1970 likes this.
  3. omikron199

omikron199 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello, could anybody help me with USBLoader GX problem? I want to use this program since it has covers and has many settings to customize experience however I want to use my GC saves with it. I already exctracted saves from GC card, and converted them in *.raw format and they work with regular nintendont, however I can't find any way to make USBloader GX use them since it writes and reads gc saves from nand.

Please help

4. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I think you need to select nintendont where it says dios mios, et al.

5. omikron199

omikron199 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Instructions unclear dick stuck in a toaster

It is selected by default. Near the main path/sd path. Also tried to change Emu nand save settings to off, full, partial - no effect. Checked features and custom paths - nintendont is selected correctly. Further help required.

6. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    could be wrong, but I think "partial" is for saves only and emunand. I have my games on the sd card of my wii u. I've never encountered this problem with usb loader gx.

7. omikron199

omikron199 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I figured it out. USBloader GX GameCube memorycard emulation should be set to "individual", not multi. Then it sees "saves" folder in SD root and reads files correctly.

jeannotte and godreborn like this.
  8. bc732

bc732 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States

Last edited by bc732, Jun 20, 2020
  9. almmiron

almmiron GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I'm experiencing freezinh on kirby: return to dreamland. This only happening when talking with magolor. The sound continues on, but the game freezes. This does not happen on cfg usb-loader, under same Cios under ios249 or 250 (d2x v8). I like the easy way usbloaderGX can change between nand/emunand saves, for when my 6 year old daughter plays. She loves kirby.

[​IMG]

wii 4.3u
    game ntsc-u
    I'm sure modmii updated all things thius year, after all wii does not have much hacks these days to update.
    usbloaderGX used:

Any one could try to reproduce? My save file extracted with savegameManagerGx is attached, if it helps:

Attached Files:

Last edited by almmiron, Jun 21, 2020
  10. Kirbeast

Kirbeast Member
    Newcomer

United States
    How difficult would it be to code something similar to the startup process to autoboot a game just like CFG USB Loader? I can see in the source code where it calls for arguments from the meta.xml during the startup. I know that CFG Loader gets the autoboot game id from the meta.xml. I'm sure the coding would be similar, but I'm not that experienced with Wii app coding.

11. skite2001

skite2001 Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    is it possible to get/merge @blackb0x modded 1272 version + tabmod?

12. blackb0x

blackb0x GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Right now it'd be pointless as I'm working on a few changes, but I guess I can share a version with the tab mod when I'm done. Check back here in a week.

13. docseuss

docseuss Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I just got my Wii back from getting WiiDual installed, but I'm having a lot of issues running games. Wii games are fine, but using a brand new install of USB Loader GX and Nintendont, I find out I'm constantly getting "an error has occurred. Turn the power off and refer to the Nintendo GameCube™ Instruction Booklet for further instructions."

I'm at my wit's end.

I know my USB hard drive's fine, because it was working just fine on my other softmodded Wii, but that one doesn't have a WiiDual installed, so it doesn't have nearly as good image quality. Games are detected and they start, they just end up freezing.

I was having issues before the wiidual was installed too; for whatever reason, it would never initialize my hard drive, even though the same drive worked just fine on a different wii. It also wouldn't save stuff. Transferring my install of usb loader gx and nintendon't to a different SD card fixed that, but this "an error has occurred" issue makes it impossible to play my GCN games.

Last edited by docseuss, Jun 22, 2020
  14. Dragon91Nippon

Newcomer

Japan
    I wonder when He's going to release the next update for Usbloadergx

15. Gabberhead

Gabberhead Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    *deleted*
    i made a thread in the wii u section

Last edited by Gabberhead, Jul 2, 2020
  16. blackb0x

blackb0x GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I haven't forgot about this, but I was sick for a few days and I'm now trying to fix a bug that's proving to be difficult.

I'll post again when I've got more information or a release to share.

Sneethan, fledge68, ber71 and 2 others like this.
  17. Sneethan

Sneethan GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Can someone tell me their
    mileage with the cios emunand
    option in usb loader gx? i want to
    use it for wiiware and how would
    DLC work with it? so say i had a
    dump of my just dance 3 disc and
    a dlc wad in the cios emvnand,
    how would i link them without
    sneek? thanks for your time.

18. Sneethan

Sneethan GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    OK, So i made an emunand through the features menu but not only did it copy all my homebrew channels, none of the banners work in channel grid view. Am i missing something?

19. almmiron

almmiron GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Maybe you already know this, but usbloaderGX emunand feature is not that compatible with many things. I alway use uneek for 100% compatibility with wiiware/wiiVc. For faster boot, I configure post loader to load first on emunand.

20. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I have mine setup to load uneek, the neek2o for any games that require full access, which currently is only two games. I have to upload the games to emunand both versions to get the banner and icons and stuff to appear. it was a recommendation by @Cyan . it's just how it works. it makes sense when you think about it though.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Loader,