USB Loader GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by cyrex, Apr 19, 2009.

1. deltax5

deltax5 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2006

Sorry haven't touched the Wii in over a year. Last i remember i needed the wad version to install it on the wii dashboard. Otherwise you gotta go to the homebrew channel.
    Unless there is another way to put it on the dashboard.

2. blackb0x

blackb0x Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Oh, you mean a channel forwarder. That isn't essential, but if you want one here you go.

For Wii:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/usbloadergx/files/Releases/Forwarders/USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder_5_1_AHBPROT.wad/download

For vWii:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/usbloadergx/files/Releases/Forwarders/USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder_5_1_AHBPROT_vWii (Fix).wad/download

You'll still need to copy the new modded USB Loader GX version to your SD card.

Last edited by blackb0x, Nov 12, 2019
    alexander1970 likes this.
  3. 1MiinMofo

1MiinMofo GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2019
    Canada
    Edit: NEVERMIND: I misunderstood what you asking.

There's a forwarder that allows you to have the loader on your Wii startup screen alongside the disc channel and other channels. That forwarder should continue to work even if you update the USB Loader GX files on your SD card to a newer version. You should not need to "reinstall" the wad for the forwarder; you just need to update the contents of the USB Loader GX folder within your Apps folder on your SD card.

Last edited by 1MiinMofo, Nov 12, 2019
  4. R0B0T0

R0B0T0 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Is there any way to easily switch between viewing Wii and GC games? (E.g. a single button press, toggle an icon, etc.)

My young kids get confused between different versions of games, and going into the sources or categories tabs and selecting/deselecting options every time is a bit too fiddly.

5. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 15, 2016
    France

Hello,

I do not think there is an option to select this or that game.

otherwise you have this tab to display the games ==>[​IMG]

6. R0B0T0

R0B0T0 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Yeah, that's what I'm currently doing but it's not ideal.

For example, to switch from Wii to GC takes 4 clicks (open menu, deselect Wii, select GC, OK) rather than a single click. Too tricky for my kids to do themselves, especially if using a GC controller.

Would be nice if there was an icon to cycle between categories, then i could just set up GC and Wii categories and do it that way.

7. baco81

baco81 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2017
    vbarros22 and jeannotte like this.
  8. Larsenv

Larsenv Dr. Wii, Ph.D

Sep 28, 2013
    United States
    DFW
    @blackb0x A week or two ago, we were trying to get Accio Hacks fixed (a cheat code app that's related to GeckoCodes). While we didn't get that working, HTTP traffic is now enabled for GeckoCodes.org. Thus, USB loaders can now download cheat codes again. One thing I didn't know is it's being hosted by GameHacking.org, so the site's staying up. (They fixed a problem with the site a few weeks ago after I alerted them about it.) Oh, and the DDoS protection was turned off.

9. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBAtemp allows me to be here

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    That are great News !! Thank you !! :yay:

10. blackb0x

blackb0x Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2019
    United Kingdom
    @Larsenv Yea, when looking at some debug info recently I noticed that the connection changed. It looks like they now use Anonymize instead of BitMitigate.

I was going to alter my code to remove the BitMitigate cookie, but I don't think I'll bother in case they eventually revert to using BitMitigate again.

And you might think that the site will stay up, but you can't guarantee that they won't drop support for HTTP again. So at least my code makes both USB Loader GX and WiiFlow somewhat future proof.

Last edited by blackb0x, Nov 27, 2019
  11. fledge68

fledge68 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 30, 2012
    United States
    great news but too late. This would've saved us from having to install wolfssl in wiiflow lite. I guess it's not a total waste of time. at least now we have the ability to download from secure sites if we ever need to.

12. elenarguez

elenarguez GBAtemp Regular

Jun 14, 2018
    Spain
    I've a problem with my usb again...
    I updated the latest mod and changed the cios of the loader to 58 and since then my pendrive has stopped detecting, it only detects the games I have on my SD. I put it on my PC and a window pops up saying it needs to be formatted, my poker face when I saw it :wtf:
    I did it but now it doesn't detect it more :wacko:
    I always have some trouble with this loader :gun:

13. blackb0x

blackb0x Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2019
    United Kingdom
    A USB flash drive? It's just that this issue is typically seen either when you haven't unmounted the device correctly as data was being written to it or the device is getting close to reaching it's maximum amount of write and erase cycles.

With Windows you can sometimes fix the issue. You'd just open up command prompt as an administrator and enter "chkdsk e: /x /f" replacing "e" with the drive letter. This won't work if you've gone ahead and formatted the drive though.

14. elenarguez

Jun 14, 2018
    Spain
    Yes, it's a flash drive.
    Well, I'll try to do what you told me to do.
    I've noticed that if it detects my usb, but not the games! At the bottom I can see the space of my usb, why are not the games shown? I tried to test cfg usb loader and yes shows them.

Last edited by elenarguez, Nov 29, 2019
  15. blackb0x

blackb0x Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Go into USB Loader GX's settings and check that the custom paths are correct. They should be, but since your flash drive started acting up you should double check :)

The main reason Cyan changed to using IOS58 is because it improved support for USB HDDs. It might make things worse for some USB flash drives though, in which case you should change it back to IOS249.

Last edited by blackb0x, Nov 29, 2019
    alexander1970 and jeannotte like this.
  16. elenarguez

Jun 14, 2018
    Spain
    Do you know what the exact path is? I've been looking at it but I see it all ok...

jeannotte and alexander1970 like this.
  17. alexander1970

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Hello.:)

USBLoader GX Settings - Global Settings - Loader Settings - Loader´s IOS -> to 249.
    I can confirm this Behavior for USB Sticks.My two USB Sticks were also no longer detected from USBLoader GX v3.0 r1272 on IOS 58.:(

Thank you.:)

Last edited by alexander1970, Nov 29, 2019
    jeannotte and blackb0x like this.
  18. elenarguez

Jun 14, 2018
    Spain
    Well, it definitely stopped showing my games, but my usb if it detects it, nor changing cios works.
    I'll have to stop using it or buy a hdd for Santa Claus lmao

19. alexander1970

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Hello.:)

You can try as Alternative WiiFlow v5.2.0 or Configurable USBLoader MOD v70 r78.11 (which has several very good Themes included).:)

Thank you.:)

jeannotte likes this.
  20. Dcep1501

Dcep1501 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 29, 2018
    United States
    Hi all! I came across some plugins for USB Loader GX on Youtube "r1261" to be exact, and I can't find out how to install these. I've tried searching all over this site. Can someone please help me or direct me to the correct thread for this? Thanks!!

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted