USB Loader GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by cyrex, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Ericsonanzois

Ericsonanzois Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2017
    Brazil
    I did and not worked. When i click in update it update the languages, TDB, but in ocarina the same error. Dont found codes in geckocode......

alexander1970 likes this.
  2. blackb0x

blackb0x Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2019
    United Kingdom
    When you start USB Loader GX does it say "v3.0 Rev. 1272 mod" in the bottom left corner? If it doesn't then you're using the wrong dol file.
    1. From your SD card delete \apps\usbloader_gx
    2. From your HDD delete \apps\usbloader_gx
    3. Download the file from this post and extract the apps folder to your SD card
    4. Put your SD card back into your Wii and plug in your HDD
    You'll know if you've done it right because it'll show "v3.0 Rev. 1272 mod" when you start the loader and when you download covers you should see that it's using HTTPS.

Last edited by blackb0x, Oct 22, 2019
    jeannotte and alexander1970 like this.
  3. elenarguez

elenarguez GBAtemp Regular

Jun 14, 2018
    Spain
    I asked a question a few days ago and no one answered me :sad:... is there any way to disable the deficker filter in wii games? or some alternative method? I usually play in intertwined mode and because of that filter looks horrible in a plasma tv...

4. MikaDubbz

MikaDubbz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 12, 2017
    United States
    I asked this on the sourceforge page, but maybe this would be a good place to ask as well. Without going into a long story, just know I have reasons for wanting this. Is there any way that .wbfs loading directly from the SD Card could be added for USBLoader GX? I know other USB loaders offer this, but they yield other issues for what I'm trying to do, that USBLoader doesn't give to me, but without the ability to load Wii games from my SD card in USBLoader GX, I'm not able to realize the brilliance of what I'm looking for.

5. spinal_cord

spinal_cord Knows his stuff

Jul 21, 2007
    somewhere
    Is there a forwarder for the plugin patched version of usb loader gx? When I exit from not64 it loads up the non-patched version :-(

6. fledge68

fledge68 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 30, 2012
    United States
    No. Its supposed to replace usb loader gx.

blackb0x likes this.
  7. JustMeDaFaq

JustMeDaFaq Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2017
    Germany
    It says on github, you forked it from there. But the source on github from cyan is outdated. Is it based on the outdatet one or did you used the one on sourceforce?

8. Griffballchamp

Griffballchamp GBAtemp Regular

Jul 10, 2018
    United States
  9. blackb0x

blackb0x Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Notice the "Update to r1272" commit? I had to bring the repo up to date myself so that it matches whats at SourceForge :)

@Griffballchamp Do you know if this was an issue with older versions like r1271?

I only have 1 Wiimote so I can't easily test this out myself.

Last edited by blackb0x, Nov 6, 2019
    JustMeDaFaq and alexander1970 like this.
  10. Griffballchamp

Griffballchamp GBAtemp Regular

Jul 10, 2018
    United States
    Iv'e had this same issue since r1268

I always use Cyan's sourceforge. But no I didn't notice the update to the commit, I will look in a little bit.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Last edited by Griffballchamp, Nov 7, 2019
  11. blackb0x

blackb0x Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2019
    United Kingdom
    There were some pad related changes from r1268 onward, altgough I can't see anything that'd cause a problem.

I'll alter the code slightly and send you a build to test shortly.

That was in reply to JustMeDaFaq.

12. Puremin0rez

Puremin0rez Member

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2019
    United States
    Chicago, IL, US
    I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but mentioning it just in case.

Sometimes USB Loader GX will fail to initialize the hard drive (I know this has been reported a lot), but my issue is that when it fails to init, you can restart the Wii and only GameCube games will be visible. All of the Wii games will be missing because the "Wii" source in the loaders is now unchecked.

I feel like when USB Loader fails to load the source, it should keep it checked and try again on next launch. With the way it is now, if it ever fails to init, then someone has to go and manually recheck the Wii portion of the loaders. Gamecube doesn't seem to have this issue for some reason even when they're on the same hard drive.

I realize this isn't a big issue - but the problem is more that people who have no idea what a "loader" is or understand how this stuff works will know to do that every time. Plus with Parental Controls on, by default, you can't even edit the loader sources. (which is good, but makes this bug even more annoying)

alexander1970 and jeannotte like this.
  13. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBAtemp allows me to be here

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Hello.:)

Unfortunately I also had this with my USB Sticks only with r1272 (they works flawless and without any Issues before).
    First I thought it was my Mod,then I thought my Wii and finally I thought "Ok that´s it,my USB Sticks are finished..".

But both works on WiiFlow and Configurable USB Loader...
    Then I have tried different Combinations of cIOS 249 and 250 with different d2x Versions.

For me and my 2 Wii´s now this Combination works on most of the Games with r1272:

IOS249[57] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff, USB 2.0
    IOS250[56] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff, USB 2.0

Thank you.:)

14. blackb0x

blackb0x Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Here's an new version of my mod. Naturally It includes my previous changes too.

https://github.com/wiidev/usbloadergx/commits/enhanced
    • Added Nintendont BBA emulation and net profile options
    • Restored compatibility with WiiGSC and older forwarders
    • Fixed GPT partition size detection (provided by Cyan)
    • Correctly filter the games list after downloading covers so that Wii games don't go missing
    • Disconnect Wiimotes before calling WPAD_Shutdown
    • Changed "Game Cube" to "GameCube" (update your languages)
    • Enabled the 480p enhancement by default
    Please send me a private message if you need to report a problem. Don't expect any help from Cyan as this is an unofficial enhanced build.

Attached Files:

Last edited by blackb0x, Nov 11, 2019
    baco81, R0B0T0, bikerspade and 3 others like this.
  15. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBAtemp allows me to be here

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Thank you.:)

:bow: Works great,thank you.

Yes,finally fixed.:yay:

Gecko Code download is still working too.:yaywii:

Thank you for this great Update.:)

And please....

jeannotte and blackb0x like this.
  16. MikaDubbz

MikaDubbz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 12, 2017
    United States
    Is there any chance you could add .wbfs loading directly from an SD card? Its the one thing I want for USBloader GX, but I haven't seen any indication that it will come to the official build.

bikerspade likes this.
  17. FancyNintendoGamer567

FancyNintendoGamer567 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    Also, one question about Ocarina in USB Loader GX, does it support gameconfig.txt like Gecko OS, so I can use GCTs larger than 256 lines?

18. deltax5

deltax5 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2006
    where can I find the WAD for the new update? Want to install it on the wii itself.

19. MrSW

MrSW Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2018
    Brunei
    Yes it does, WiiFlow seems to be the only loader not supporting it

20. blackb0x

blackb0x Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2019
    United Kingdom
    The GPT fix was something that he mentioned to me before he went missing. I haven't had any replies since the end of August.

I think the reason Cyan hasn't added it is because most of the code is old and a little convoluted.

I'll look into what can be done, but I doubt anything will come of it. For your setup you're probably better off using WiiFlow Lite.

My mod? You just need to copy it to your SD card.

MikaDubbz and alexander1970 like this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted