• Likes 47

Ericsonanzois

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello.:)

You can also make an Third one if you like.The Settings for each Version are saved seperate in the associated Folders.You can name it for Example "usbloadergx" instead of "usbloader_gx".If it really not work,please Backup the Version from the SD Card,delete the Folders Content and Copy the Modded Version into.

As long as you know which Version you want to Boot.:)
What will maybe not work is to automatically Boot into this third Version with BootMii/Prilloader or your actual installed Forwarder Channel.You possibly have to start it "manually" from the Homebrew Channel.

Thank you.:)
I did and not worked. When i click in update it update the languages, TDB, but in ocarina the same error. Dont found codes in geckocode......

Reactions: Alexander1970

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did and not worked. When i click in update it update the languages, TDB, but in ocarina the same error. Dont found codes in geckocode......
When you start USB Loader GX does it say "v3.0 Rev. 1272 mod" in the bottom left corner? If it doesn't then you're using the wrong dol file.
  1. From your SD card delete \apps\usbloader_gx
  2. From your HDD delete \apps\usbloader_gx
  3. Download the file from this post and extract the apps folder to your SD card
  4. Put your SD card back into your Wii and plug in your HDD
You'll know if you've done it right because it'll show "v3.0 Rev. 1272 mod" when you start the loader and when you download covers you should see that it's using HTTPS.

Last edited by blackb0x,

elenarguez

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I asked a question a few days ago and no one answered me :sad:... is there any way to disable the deficker filter in wii games? or some alternative method? I usually play in intertwined mode and because of that filter looks horrible in a plasma tv...

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked this on the sourceforge page, but maybe this would be a good place to ask as well. Without going into a long story, just know I have reasons for wanting this. Is there any way that .wbfs loading directly from the SD Card could be added for USBLoader GX? I know other USB loaders offer this, but they yield other issues for what I'm trying to do, that USBLoader doesn't give to me, but without the ability to load Wii games from my SD card in USBLoader GX, I'm not able to realize the brilliance of what I'm looking for.

JustMeDaFaq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
https://github.com/wiidev/usbloadergx/commits/master

I had to push changes to GitHub since SourceForge is useless for contributions.
  • Fixes cheat downloads from geckocodes.org
  • Fixes a minor memory leak
  • All downloads now use HTTPS
  • Optimised all images
  • Removed WiinnerTag since it's dead and the website was redirecting to malware
  • Removed some old redundant code
I've been talking with Cyan about this since mid June, so he's aware of all of the changes. That's how I know they'll be included in the next release :)

It says on github, you forked it from there. But the source on github from cyan is outdated. Is it based on the outdatet one or did you used the one on sourceforce?

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It says on github, you forked it from there. But the source on github from cyan is outdated. Is it based on the outdatet one or did you used the one on sourceforce?
Notice the "Update to r1272" commit? I had to bring the repo up to date myself so that it matches whats at SourceForge :)

@Griffballchamp Do you know if this was an issue with older versions like r1271?

I only have 1 Wiimote so I can't easily test this out myself.

Last edited by blackb0x,

Griffballchamp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iv'e had this same issue since r1268

I always use Cyan's sourceforge. But no I didn't notice the update to the commit, I will look in a little bit.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Notice the "Update to r1272" commit? I had to bring the repo up to date myself so that it matches whats at SourceForge :)

@Griffballchamp Do you know if this was an issue with older versions like r1271?

I only have 1 Wiimote so I can't easily test this out myself.

Last edited by Griffballchamp,

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Iv'e had this same issue since r1268
There were some pad related changes from r1268 onward, altgough I can't see anything that'd cause a problem.

I'll alter the code slightly and send you a build to test shortly.

I always use Cyan's sourceforge. But no I didn't notice the update to the commit, I will look in a little bit.
That was in reply to JustMeDaFaq.

Puremin0rez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but mentioning it just in case.

Sometimes USB Loader GX will fail to initialize the hard drive (I know this has been reported a lot), but my issue is that when it fails to init, you can restart the Wii and only GameCube games will be visible. All of the Wii games will be missing because the "Wii" source in the loaders is now unchecked.

I feel like when USB Loader fails to load the source, it should keep it checked and try again on next launch. With the way it is now, if it ever fails to init, then someone has to go and manually recheck the Wii portion of the loaders. Gamecube doesn't seem to have this issue for some reason even when they're on the same hard drive.

I realize this isn't a big issue - but the problem is more that people who have no idea what a "loader" is or understand how this stuff works will know to do that every time. Plus with Parental Controls on, by default, you can't even edit the loader sources. (which is good, but makes this bug even more annoying)

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but mentioning it just in case.

Sometimes USB Loader GX will fail to initialize the hard drive (I know this has been reported a lot), but my issue is that when it fails to init, you can restart the Wii and only GameCube games will be visible. All of the Wii games will be missing because the "Wii" source in the loaders is now unchecked.

I feel like when USB Loader fails to load the source, it should keep it checked and try again on next launch. With the way it is now, if it ever fails to init, then someone has to go and manually recheck the Wii portion of the loaders. Gamecube doesn't seem to have this issue for some reason even when they're on the same hard drive.

I realize this isn't a big issue - but the problem is more that people who have no idea what a "loader" is or understand how this stuff works will know to do that every time. Plus with Parental Controls on, by default, you can't even edit the loader sources. (which is good, but makes this bug even more annoying)

Hello.:)

Unfortunately I also had this with my USB Sticks only with r1272 (they works flawless and without any Issues before).
First I thought it was my Mod,then I thought my Wii and finally I thought "Ok that´s it,my USB Sticks are finished..".

But both works on WiiFlow and Configurable USB Loader...
Then I have tried different Combinations of cIOS 249 and 250 with different d2x Versions.

For me and my 2 Wii´s now this Combination works on most of the Games with r1272:

IOS249[57] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff, USB 2.0
IOS250[56] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff, USB 2.0

Reactions: locomia

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Current release - r1281

Fixed
  • Fixed an issue that would cause USB Loader GX to crash as it boots on some systems
  • Fixed an issue that would cause some games to freeze if you turned off the deflicker filter
Improved
  • The video width patch should no longer conflict with other patches
  • Updated the Spanish translation (thanks to bjxuf)

Previous release - r1280

New
  • Added the ability to play Wii games from SD cards
  • Added automatic cIOS selection for games (cIOS changes are recommended)
  • Added automatic language selection for when a Wii game doesn't support your systems language (requires wiitdb.xml)
  • Added basic CISO support for Nintendont
  • Added an option to render games at their framebuffer widths
  • Added an option to hide or show your game count
  • Added an option to remember your last played game
  • Added patches that make Kirby's Return to Dreamland playable (SUKE01, SUKP01 and SUKJ01)
  • Added cover action options for the list view (download covers or view information)
  • Added the ability to navigate USB Loader GX via guitars
  • Added the ability to scroll through the channel grid view
  • Added support for multiple instances with separate config files (this is mainly a developer feature)
  • Added support for Devolution's progressive patching and regional emulated memory cards (thanks to xperia64)
Fixed
  • Fixed an issue that made Excite Truck unplayable
  • Fixed an issue that made Driver: San Francisco freeze after you'd complete the tutorial
  • Fixed an issue that prevented other homebrew from accessing your USB storage device
  • Fixed an issue that prevented USB Loader GX from launching custom channel forwarders correctly
  • Fixed an issue that prevented homebrew from returning you back to USB Loader GX when you'd exit
  • Fixed an issue that prevented Devolution from loading games from an SD card (thanks to xperia64)
  • Fixed an issue that would cause the amount of free space to not be displayed correctly
  • Fixed an issue that would cause game ID's to be displayed for EmuNAND titles
Improved
  • Drastically improved caching (huge thanks to Oddx for this)
  • Improved the accuracy of the region information that's displayed in the list view
  • Improved cover downloading (it refreshes less and it should download more covers)
  • Improved the quality of the built-in audio files
  • The DVD drive should now stop spinning after you've installed a game
  • Nintendont's PAL50 patch can now be applied to any video mode
  • Game ID's can now be viewed from the info screen (press 2 when the cursor is over a game)
  • Some EmuNAND and WAD settings were cleaned up
  • USB Loader GX can be compiled with devkitPPC r41
  • The development environment was overhauled (Visual Studio Code support, Codespaces support etc.)
  • Some translations were updated (thanks to bjxuf, DDinghoya & Bamsemesteren)
  • Other miscellaneous corrections and improvements
Source: https://github.com/wiidev/usbloadergx
Donate: https://ko-fi.com/blackb0x
Download: https://github.com/wiidev/usbloadergx/releases

Along with this USB Loader GX update I've also released d2x v11 beta1, which fixes a RiiConnect24 compatibility problem and it also adds EmuNAND UStealth support. I've attached installers for both Wii and vWii to this post.

Special thanks to everyone who's tested debug builds, sent me pull requests at GitHub and patches here at GBAtemp.

Seventh release:
  • Fixed boot issues for some people
  • Fixed an issue that would cause some homebrew to fail to return to the loader
  • Fixed an issue that prevented WiiWare and VC games from being patched correctly
  • Fixed an issue that would cause the date and time to be wrong for some people
  • Fixed an issue that would cause some Wiimotes to connect as player 2 instead of player 1
  • Added deflicker filter options (the safe option is recommended)
  • Added Portuguese and Russian synopsis support
  • Added an option to reset all game settings
  • Restored the option to update Nintendont from the features screen
  • Corrected analog stick ranges and made the cursor speed much more consistent
  • Corrected some translations (update your languages)
  • Improved how banners are displayed on Korean Wii systems
  • The loaders homebrew browser will now only search for boot.dol and boot.elf files
  • The custom server option will now only be displayed when necessary
  • The cheats URL can now be edited via the config file
  • Updated the build tools and some libraries
  • Miscellaneous corrections and improvements

Sixth release:
  • Updated the Wiimmfi patch thanks to Leseratte10
  • Fixed a crash that occurs when using some third party classic controllers
  • Fixed an issue that would cause a few games to freeze
  • Fixed parental controls not working when header caching is enabled
  • Fixed PAL to NTSC video mode patching
  • Fixed background music selection
  • Fixed game size detection when exporting to a list
  • Fixed zip file extraction after updating to devkitPPC r38

Fifth release:
  • Fixed NTFS partition size detection
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when removing a game from an NTFS partition
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when networking is enabled and you're using proxy settings
  • Fixed a few issues with game header caching
  • Fixed an IOS reloading and patching issue for some devices
  • Restores compatibility with older versions of Nintendont (pre-BBA)
  • Miscellaneous corrections and improvements

Fourth release:
  • Automatically patch error 23400 for CoD (Black Ops, Reflex, MW3) and Rock Band (3, The Beatles)
  • Automatically patch the Mario Kart Wii remote code execution vulnerability
  • Removed BenFi as a private server option because the server went offline
  • Added an option to set a custom private server address directly from the loader
  • Added HTTP(S) proxy support and improved how connection timeouts are handled
  • Added game header caching thanks to Oddx & geoGolem (disabled by default)
  • Changed the URL for cheats because geckocodes shutdown
  • Other general fixes

Third release:
  • Added AltWFC and BenFi as private server options
  • Added the ability to edit the cover and banner URLs
  • Added the builds Git commit ID to the boot screen
  • Fixed Japanese descriptions not being displayed correctly
  • Fixed an issue that would cause the storage details to not be shown
  • Updated the networking code to achieve faster downloads
  • Updated WiinnerTag to RiiTag
  • Updated the meta.xml information
  • Updated Portuguese and Korean translations thanks to Codemastershock & DDinghoya
  • Removed some unnecessary files
  • Removed an extra forward slash from the language path

Second release:
  • Added Nintendont BBA emulation and net profile options
  • Restored compatibility with WiiGSC and older forwarders
  • Fixed GPT partition size detection (provided by Cyan)
  • Correctly filter the games list after downloading covers so that Wii games don't go missing
  • Disconnect Wiimotes before calling WPAD_Shutdown
  • Changed "Game Cube" to "GameCube" (update your languages)
  • Enabled the 480p enhancement by default

First release:
  • Fixes cheat downloads from geckocodes.org
  • Fixes a minor memory leak
  • All downloads now use HTTPS
  • Optimised all images
  • Removed some old redundant code

Please send me a private message if you need to report a problem.

Replace all files when upgrading.

Attachments

• d2x-v11-beta1-installer.7z
    510.2 KB · Views: 111
  • d2x-v11-beta1-installer-vWii.7z
    490.3 KB · Views: 111
Last edited by blackb0x,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Here's an new version of my mod. Naturally It includes my previous changes too.

https://github.com/wiidev/usbloadergx/commits/enhanced
  • Correctly filter the games list after downloading covers so that Wii games don't go missing

Added Nintendont BBA emulation and net profile options

:bow: Works great,thank you.

Correctly filter the games list after downloading covers so that Wii games don't go missing

Yes,finally fixed.:yay:

Gecko Code download is still working too.:yaywii:

Thank you for this great Update.:)

Please let me greet Cyan nice...if you have Contact

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's an new version of my mod. Naturally It includes my previous changes too.

https://github.com/wiidev/usbloadergx/commits/enhanced
Please send me a private message if you need to report a problem. Don't expect any help from Cyan as this is an unofficial enhanced build.

Is there any chance you could add .wbfs loading directly from an SD card? Its the one thing I want for USBloader GX, but I haven't seen any indication that it will come to the official build.

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Please let me greet Cyan nice...if you have Contact
The GPT fix was something that he mentioned to me before he went missing. I haven't had any replies since the end of August.

Is there any chance you could add .wbfs loading directly from an SD card? Its the one thing I want for USBloader GX, but I haven't seen any indication that it will come to the official build.
I think the reason Cyan hasn't added it is because most of the code is old and a little convoluted.

I'll look into what can be done, but I doubt anything will come of it. For your setup you're probably better off using WiiFlow Lite.

where can I find the WAD for the new update? Want to install it on the wii itself.
My mod? You just need to copy it to your SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning