• Views 7,163,923
  • Replies 29,357
  • Likes 47

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know the Panasonic one was the official SD card organization's, too. Maybe it's bad or has partitions on it that need wiping out?

Diskpart could probably wipe the card completely.

Advokaten

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hey! Let's say I'm playing Mario Kart Wii with a GameCube controller, and want to exit out of the game. How does one do that? I cannot find any information regarding how to exit out of Wii games with the GC controller. Thanks!

Advokaten

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I guess you need a wiimote (or any other compatible controller) to press Home button, or actually open the in-game "home menu" to choose Exit.

Thanks, I guess so too.
But wouldn't it be possible to map a combination of buttons on the Gamecube controller, to act as Home button? Note: I have no idea if this is feasible or not.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's possible only if there's a controller's function to look at the button combo.
it's possible in nintendont because it's actually emulation the controllers and it can look at the buttons in real time.

In mario kart, the game is not looking at any combination to do an action.
I guess it could be mapped using cheats, like "when xxxxxxxx buttons are pressed at the same time, set the home button as ON in the wiimote memory mapping".
so, yes, it's possible, but on a game by game basis, you need to make a cheatcode with ocarina.

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the nintendont.gxarena site/domain was removed. which means you can't use usbloader gx or wiiflow/wiiflow mastermod/wiiflow lite to download individual banners.

you can only download his packs here:

normal banners with gc logo sound - https://www.mediafire.com/?x3r64ovxfwml3

banners with added soundtrack - https://www.mediafire.com/?t6938wc8j3psz

what's in the packs is listed on the first post of this thread under the spoilers. - https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-...ection-for-system-menu-backup-loaders.325003/

unfortunately, there's nothing in those mediafire links :(

EDIT: found this post with them all: https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-...nu-backup-loaders.325003/page-58#post-7480716

Last edited by Nomelas,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: fledge68

Advokaten

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
it's possible only if there's a controller's function to look at the button combo.
it's possible in nintendont because it's actually emulation the controllers and it can look at the buttons in real time.

In mario kart, the game is not looking at any combination to do an action.
I guess it could be mapped using cheats, like "when xxxxxxxx buttons are pressed at the same time, set the home button as ON in the wiimote memory mapping".
so, yes, it's possible, but on a game by game basis, you need to make a cheatcode with ocarina.

Thank you! I'll try creating a cheatcode with ocarina. :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ah, you know how to create cheats?
I guess if you don't have an USB Gecko for debugging and memory search, you can use Dolphin emulator's debugger instead. the created cheat will work on the console too.

you should search for "specific" value in memory for the gamecube controller and a wiimote (or another) controller.
For example (random example, not real values), you know that "B" on gamepad is value 0x20, and A is value 0x02, you can press B and search the memory for "0x20", when found all existing addresses with that value, you press A and search for value "0x02" in the previous results to narrow the search. with some chance, you'll find very few addresses where these values were 20 and now is 02.
go to that memory address and look in real time if it switch values on each pressed buttons. if it does, you found the location for gamecube controller's data.

do the same with a two different button on a controller containing a Home button (a wiimote, a classic controller, etc.).

then, you create a cheat which will look like this :

If <gamecube controller memory> is <value for combo you choose>
set memory <location for controller with a home menu> value <home menu>
end if

the game will see "home menu" in the wiimote memory and will invoc that menu. though, you probably will be stuck in there, as gamecube controller will probably not work. it's not designed to use it :(
That's another issue ahaha
but it's a nice exercise to start making cheats.

Last edited by Cyan,

Advokaten

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
ah, you know how to create cheats?
I guess if you don't have an USB Gecko for debugging and memory search, you can use Dolphin emulator's debugger instead. the created cheat will work on the console too.

I do not know how to create cheats, I figured it'd be easy enough with all the tutorials out there. It seems to be a problem just to run Ocarina though, I turned it on in game load and I get a blackscreen requiring a hard reboot. Derp.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I edited my post above to add a small guide.
it's only a "direction" to follow, not actual tools or steps you have to do. it's just to give you an idea of what you need to do.

Black screen with ocarina is strange, another user reported that issue, but I don't know the reason.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I edited my post above to add a small guide.
it's only a "direction" to follow, not actual tools or steps you have to do. it's just to give you an idea of what you need to do.

Black screen with ocarina is strange, another user reported that issue, but I don't know the reason.

Knowing Nintendo they released different versions of the game so cheat codes would crash the game?

crumps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried that. No luck.

Not sure what config file you guys mean, but every time I leave a chinese Pro controller plugged in, USB Loader GX crashes/freezes on "Initialize USB Devices" or "Loading Resources" with various Stack Dump or Trace Dump messages on the screen and then reboots the Wii. This is ONLY with 3rd party clones of the Pro controller.

I just looked back in my post history about this and found a previous thread on the subject. Just tested the patched version of USB Loader GX by Knewlife and it does indeed fix the crash. It also breaks the ability to move the cursor with the 3rd party Pro controller thumbstick. paste the following after the .net in your address bar. /threads/latest-emulator-and-libogc-with-3rd-party-classic-controller.217245/page-38#post-7304307 or just look at my post history to find the thread where you can try out Knewlife's fix.

Reactions: Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I forgot some third party controllers could cause issues too, having recent issues (hdd detection due to IOS slot) I tend to forgot the old cause with the same symptoms.
I don't know if/when I'll fix that issue, but you said it creates another issues where sticks are not working :(

it's not a very bad issue, you can still use wiimote to point the cursor and launch the game. moving the cursor with the stick is like a bonus if using an official controller.
that could probably be fixed, but it would require that controller, and analyzing the transmitted data over the bt module. I don't know how to do that.

Knowing Nintendo they released different versions of the game so cheat codes would crash the game?
It's a possibility, yes.
it happens with few games.

So it crashes only with particular games, not all of them? I thought the issue was ocarina option itself. If it's only with some games, it's probably related to the game version, or cheat itself. some cheats are conflicting and incompatible with each others.

Last edited by Cyan,

Advokaten

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
So it crashes only with particular games, not all of them? I thought the issue was ocarina option itself. If it's only with some games, it's probably related to the game version, or cheat itself. some cheats are conflicting and incompatible with each others.

Mario Kart wouldn't launch, so I tried Super Mario Strikers, which worked fine. I went to the Loader Settings and changed Ocarina to ON and let the Game Load settings be on Global, and MKWii suddenly began to work. Huh.

Edit: MKWii wouldn't even launch with just the Ocarina Game Load option set to ON, without any cheats activated.

crumps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that could probably be fixed, but it would require that controller, and analyzing the transmitted data over the bt module. I don't know how to do that.

It seems like a simple patch to apply to your source for the controller driver. They explained it in the other thread. Knewlife's patched version also somehow breaks Nintendont loading GC games. After selecting a GC game, nintendont shows the boot screen, then appears to completely restart itself by fading away the Press B to cancel Autoboot, and shows the boot screen all over again and completes loading. Then it loads the wrong game. Looks like I'm back to using the latest official release of USB Loader GX.

For the record, these chinese clones of the Pro controller also cause Homebrew channel and Wiiflow/Wiiflow Lite to peg CPU1 around 90-95% constantly. This causes the cursor to become sluggish and jittery almost the same as using a knockoff light bar.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE