hypermuffin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys!

I have a 32gb usb stick which I used for loading my wii games, after some time I decided to have it as additional memory for my wii u so it had the wii u format for a while. Then a few days ago I decided to reformat it back to FAT32 so I could dump wii games on it again but USB Loader GX no longer recognizes it...

When I boot up the usb loader it doesn't tell me that it wasn't able to recognize my drive but it takes longer than it usually does to get past the "initialize usb device" part. Then after that none of the games I have in my drive show up.

I'm pretty sure the problem is with my usb stick because this wasn't a problem before, and I get the same results when trying it on my wii and wii u (vwii)

Thanks a lot for the help :)

hypermuffin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update: after formatting my usb stick to wbfs and back to FAT32 (with 32kb clusters) the usb loader no longer takes its time on "initialize usb device" but straight up tells me the device could not be initialized

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OOooh I see a poor muffin in need: somebody cue the 80s Superman theme tune, it's Mighty Muffin To The Rescue!! :lol:
....Cept I'm not sure I can help too much here *hangs cape up in shame*

2 possible problems:
Are you doing a 'quick format'? Either knock quick format off and do a full format, or better still grab some software that'll completely wipe the thing/shred the data (try 2 passes minimum), then format to FAT32...

The other problem I can think of is you mentioned a usb stick, and have not only used it for Wii U purposes but previously for Wii (so therefore have had & used it for a good while). A usb stick's life isn't that great, certainly not compared to say a hdd or even an sd card - it could simply be on its way out, in which case there's nothing you can do other than buy a new one...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The WiiU format doesn't have a Partition table.
Maybe formating it back to FAT32 didn't re-create the deleted partition table? (it's just a supposition as I can't be sure without seeing your device sectors). But it could be the issue.
How did you reformat it? Try using a partitioning tools (like easeus) to reformat it. Or even try to creates two partitions to force a table creation.

Edit: :ninja:'d by another muffin

Reactions: mightymuffy

hypermuffin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reformatting it with easeus made it compatible again! I tried all sorts of formatting options (quick, long, and changing to different formats) except with partitioning tools.

It seems the issue was what you exactly said :)

Thanks a lot Cyan, and fellow muffin!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.