Emulation USB Loader GX Lags During Cutscenes for Wii Games

DarkDesertFox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had this long-standing issue where cutscenes can get really choppy with terrible audio when playing Wii games on USB Loader GX. It's especially bad for Super Mario Galaxy. I'm playing the games off of a FAT32 formatted external hard drive on my vWii. I've found a few threads and posts about this issue, but nothing that's helped unfortunately. I'm not really sure where to even start with trying to resolve this issue. Any ideas?

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

//EDIT: Check in the global or individual settings if you are using a supported video format by the game.
In the global Loader settings (Symbol with gears) or individual game settings (when game starts) :
  • Verify you didn`t set the videomode to force the wrong video format, it can result to unsyncron audio/video in cutscenes.
  • Verify you didn`t enabled the dol patch set to "Yes".
  • Verify you didn't enabled any debug option.

Last edited by Sypherone,

DarkDesertFox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the link! It looks like I have the Loader's IOS set to 58 and Game's IOS set to 251 so I don't think I'm doing anything wrong there. I also know it's not corruption because this is an issue across multiple games. Not sure what I need to try next.

EWBG29

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Hi, I was dealing with this issue as well, like the Gameplay was totally fine, however, in cutscenes it will freeze for 1 second and continue again, and it will do that like 10 times per cutscenes. In my case, I just changed the USB to USB cable that goes from the Enclosure to the wii and the issue is gone. Just wanted to let everyone knows in case people run into the post

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill