Hacking USB loader GX error help

uVSthem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone. I'm having an issue with USB loader GX on a Wii. Pretty much I can only run one game at a time. If I exit a game, return to USB loader GX and then try to pick a 2nd game I get an error screen saying
"An error has occurred. Press the Eject Button, remove the Game Disc, and turn off the power to the console. Please read the Wii Operations Manual for further instructions."
0105212331.jpg

I must completely turn off the Wii and back on again before I can start playing another game in the loader. If I don't do this, say I play a game and exit to the home screen, start USB loader GX again and try to play the next game I get the error message. I have 2 other Wiis and a vWii in a Wii U modded the same way so I'm not sure what the problem is with this one.
Another thing I noticed is if I click the homebrew button on the bottom of USB loader GX that is to the left of the Wii button nothing shows up. I assumed this is supposed show all the apps in the Home Brew Channel.
0105212337.jpg
If anyone could help me out with these issues I would really appreciate it. The sysCheck report is saying the Homebrew Channel is not installed which it definitely is so I don't know what that is about. Could this have anything to do with my problems?

Attachments

• sysCheck.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 120
Last edited by uVSthem,
Reactions: jeannotte

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

your syscheck report is correct.

try reformatting your SD card and reinstalling your homebrews, or testing another SD card.

What version of usb loader gx do you have ?? , prefer version 1271 or 1268 of gx (these versions work fine).

on what media are your games placed (usb key or external hard drive) ??

uVSthem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying run the games off a external hard drive that is getting its power from a A/C adaptor. Both the SD card and the hard drive work fine on my other Wiis. I also tried a different hard drive and SD card on the problematic Wii and they didn't make a difference.

I downloaded USB loader GX off the Open Shop Channel and when I try to update USB Loader GX through its own update feature in the setting menu I get the message there is nothing to update. USB Loader GX is displaying two different version numbers so I'll post the pictures here.

0106211332.jpg 0106211333.jpg

Last edited by uVSthem,

uVSthem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I tired that version and I am getting the error right from the start, rebooting the Wii doesn't allow me to run a game. I don't know if this makes a difference but when I was testing out that version of GX, I discovered my disc drive is no longer sucking in game discs. The drive lights up and if i press eject I can hear the motor going but it refused to suck in a Gamecube or Wii disc. Could this have anything to do with my issue? The drives are my other Wii work as far as I know.

uVSthem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The lens being bad would result in discs not being sucked in? I'd don't mind not being able to read discs. I just mentioned it because read that GX needed a disc drive in the Wii for some reason to run games off a USB hard drive. I don't know if that is true or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)