Hacking Usb Loader GX err

Flareguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its giving me this error saying i need to install and additional gamecube loader or select a different gamecube mode to launch gc games from usb.

I know my usb files are fine because i can see the games even though i cant get covers im sure theres something off with my sd card files in usb gx settings i have239 ios for loader and games ios settings any1 know wat i should do?

FIXED

Last edited by Flareguy,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your USB Loader GX is old.

Get the latest one from here. If you have the "full channel" version you will have to remove it and install the dol version as the full one isn't updated anymore.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's not old, it's just that he didn't select the correct gamecube mode.
The message he got is the answer.

By default it's set to "MIOS".
The default MIOS can launch retail gamecube discs, but he is trying to run a backup.
As he has the official MIOS, the loader is telling him to "install an additional gamecube loader" (for example DIOS MIOS or DIOS MIOS Lite, or devolution/nintendont), or to "select a different gamecube mode" (Devolution or nintendont)

So, which method do you want to use?
MIOS
cMIOS
DIOS MIOS
DIOS MIOS Lite
Devolution
Nintendont

All the "mios" solution require you to install a MIOS system file.
Devolution solution require you to copy the devolution loader to SD card and set the gamecube mode in the loader's settings from "MIOS" to "Devolution"
Nintendont solution require you to copy the Nintendont loader to SD card and set the gamecube mode in the loader's settings from "MIOS" to "Nintendont"

Flareguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the dios mios channel and devulotion in hb but should I just install nintendont is that easier?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
DIOS MIOS channel ?
DIOS MIOS is not a visible channel, it's a replacement of the MIOS system file.
If you have a visible channel, it's probably a launcher (like DIOS MIOS Booter) which is doing the same as USBLoaderGX : a way to select the game, and boot the invisible MIOS system file. If you didn't install the invisible MIOS system file, then it will never work.

Having only the visible channel is not enough to launch gamecube games, you also need to install the real DIOS MIOS files.
You probably didn't install them, as USBLoaderGX didn't detect them.

You said you have Devolution too, but again there are two version of Devolution :
- A standalone version which can be launched from HBC
- A "plugin" version to integrate into USBLoaders.

If you want to boot gamecube games from USBLoaderGX, you need the "plugin" version : the loader.bin file, not the boot.dol file.

Nintendont, on the contrary, is released in a single version : boot.dol
you can launch it either from HBC or from an USBloader.

Whatever loader you choose and install, you need to set the proper settings in USBLoaderGX > Settings > Loader settings > Gamecube mode : MIOS <> Devolution <> Nintendont.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc