Hacking USB loader GX black screen on start up, somtimes.

Hyroero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When i try and load USB loader GX from its channel about 50% of the time it loads to a black screen and then hangs and i have to reset my wii.

The other 50% of the time it loads and all my games run fine, any one else had this problem or know of a fix? Its not game breaking but its annoying as hell.

It never hangs when loading games just on the loading of the actual program.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
it could be the IOS the channel or the app relys on...!!
smile.gif

Hyroero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PPSainity said:
ether2802 said:
smile.gif
and/or a compatibility issue with the specific USB drive being used as well...
laugh.gif

-[]D

Its a Apollo imaginination which has never had any problems before.. worked 100% with all the first usb loaders that came out as far as i remember.

Loading USB loader GX from the homebrew channel has the same effect of SOMETIMES giving me a black screen and freeze.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hyroero said:
PPSainity said:
ether2802 said:
smile.gif
laugh.gif

-[]D

Its a Apollo imaginination which has never had any problems before.. worked 100% with all the first usb loaders that came out as far as i remember.

Loading USB loader GX from the homebrew channel has the same effect of SOMETIMES giving me a black screen and freeze.
USB compatibility also varies amongst USB Loaders. What works for one loader may not work for the other. One way to exclude the USB Drive as an issue is to try using another drive or USB Flash Drive and see if the issue persists.

If you have had success with other loaders, it might be easier just to use the alternatives over troubleshooting USB Loader GX. That said, if USB Loader GX it must be, a few questions to start things off:
  • What version of USB Loader GX are you running?
  • Does this issue persist amongst other versions of USB Loader GX? Which ones were they?
  • What cIOSes are you using? Revision and IOS base are important.
  • How is your drive setup? Number, order, and format of all partitions are important.
  • What software do you use to manage the drive? I.E. WBFS managers.
  • What firmware is your Wii at.
  • Do you have a modchip?
  • Are you running USB Loader GX off the SD Card, or off the USB Drive?
-[]D

Hyroero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PPSainity said:
Hyroero said:
PPSainity said:
ether2802 said:
smile.gif
laugh.gif

-[]D

USB compatibility also varies amongst USB Loaders. What works for one loader may not work for the other. One way to exclude the USB Drive as an issue is to try using another drive or USB Flash Drive and see if the issue persists.

If you have had success with other loaders, it might be easier just to use the alternatives over troubleshooting USB Loader GX. That said, if USB Loader GX it must be, a few questions to start things off:
  • What version of USB Loader GX are you running?
  • Does this issue persist amongst other versions of USB Loader GX? Which ones were they?
  • What cIOSes are you using? Revision and IOS base are important.
  • How is your drive setup? Number, order, and format of all partitions are important.
  • What software do you use to manage the drive? I.E. WBFS managers.
  • What firmware is your Wii at.
  • Do you have a modchip?
  • Are you running USB Loader GX off the SD Card, or off the USB Drive?
-[]D

Revision 938
It happened with the older version i had been running before, which was from about half a year ago.
cIOS36, is the installer i have on my SD card so i guess thats the one im using. rev8
Not sure how to check that information about my drive, its not viewable by anything other then WBFS manager 3.0
Using WBFS manager 3.0
My wii is at 3.1E
No mod chips, just soft mod.
Running it off the SD card, didnt even know you could run it from the USB drive.

Not sure if this helps but when i load it up i get the Orange box saying Loading please wait or w/e for about 1/2 a second then it goes black. After about 3-5 seconds it will either load or just give me a black screen and the wiimote will stop responding too.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hyroero said:
Revision 938
It happened with the older version i had been running before, which was from about half a year ago.
cIOS36, is the installer i have on my SD card so i guess thats the one im using. rev8
Not sure how to check that information about my drive, its not viewable by anything other then WBFS manager 3.0
Using WBFS manager 3.0
My wii is at 3.1E
No mod chips, just soft mod.
Running it off the SD card, didnt even know you could run it from the USB drive.

Not sure if this helps but when i load it up i get the Orange box saying Loading please wait or w/e for about 1/2 a second then it goes black. After about 3-5 seconds it will either load or just give me a black screen and the wiimote will stop responding too.
Do you get this "orange box" when launching USB Loader GX via HBC, the channel forwarder, or both? That is something I've never encountered. Is that an older channel forwarder or something?

If your USB drive only pops up under one drive letter in Windows, it only has one partition. From what you have mentioned so far it seems you rUSB Drive does indeed have one WBFS formatted partition.

To determine what cIOS you have set USB Loader GX to use either check what it is set to in the game-loading settings or check the credits screen as it will list the cIOS and version in the corner of the screen.

What is causing your issue is not clear. Try to isolate if it is the drive if you can by using another USB Drive or a USB Stick, you just need one that is big enough for one game at least. Otherwise, post back on what cIOS you are using; It will make things easier if you post a Sys-Check, or Pimp-My-Wii report to that end.

-[]D

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Could be an SD issue.
Or a corrupt config.
Try erasing Global config file for usb loader gx on your sd card.
And restart USBLGX.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: leo @'d me in a thread about his last dream, stating he was passionately making out with a guy...