Hacking USB Loader GX and Wii U...

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted this in the Wii section, but probably should've posted here since what I want to do would be for my Wii U:

I been trying the past 2 days to get cheats/codes to work with GameCube games in Wiiflow on my original Wii. Can cheats on GC games be done through USB Loader GX and can said program also be used on a Wii U? Thoughts appreciated :)

I was hoping to be able to run NES, SNES, and GameCube games all through 1 program and use cheats with them as well. Wondering if it is possible to do...

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I already voided it because I already have homebrew on it (HBC, Gecko, etc.). Can Wiiflow be used on a wii u? Where are cheats stored in Wiiflow and what is the folder structure? I been trying at least 2 days to get cheats to work with GameCube games... Please please help if possible...

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think in order for Wiiflow or USB Loader GX to work properly, cIOS needs to be installed and it CANNOT be installed on a Wii U's vWii mode at all.

joepassive

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Wiiflow works perfect here when i copied the files into app folder on my sd and go into hombrew channel and load it on my vWii...
the wads are from FIX94 "Forwarders are back" thread
here is a picture of what i've done:
wx3b.jpg

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I get cheats to work with Wiiflow and GameCube games? I am not sure exactly what the file structure is for wiiflow cheats... I heard u need a "txtfiles" folder on root and "codes" somewhere else... Anyone know?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
cIOS needs to be installed and it CANNOT be installed on a Wii U's vWii mode at all.
It's been months that cIOS can be installed on vWii, there are a lot of threads on softmodding vWii and installing cIOS. USBLoaders are working, and they don't need to be "installed" on vWii, only cIOS are needed if you want to launch Wii games (GameCube and Channels maunching work without cIOS).
Why do you think it's impossible?

It's not the first time you tell the user wrong information about WiiU vWii, I suggest you read a little more threads before trying to help users with homebrew on vWii, and hope you don't do it intentionally.
Thank you.

Can Wiiflow be used on a wii u? Where are cheats stored in Wiiflow and what is the folder structure? I been trying at least 2 days to get cheats to work with GameCube games... Please please help if possible...
- Yes Wiiflow can be used on WiiU.
- Wiiflow use a /wiiflow/ folder on the root of the device. Everything is inside.
/wiiflow/txtcodes/ <-- here you put the .txt
/wiiflow/codes/ <-- here are placed the generated .gct files

the GameID.txt file contains ALL the known cheat codes. You need to select only the one you want to enable and generate a GameID.gct file that the loader will use.

USBLoaderGX use the /txtcodes/ and /codes/ on the root, but you can of course modify the folder in the settings to use the same one as Wiiflow if you want to share them between the two loaders.
(they are on the root because other homebrew like accio hacks, code downloader, code manager, etc. all use the one on the root)

- If you want to use cheatcode with GameCube games, it doesn't work with devolution so you need DIOS MIOS (Lite), which doesn't work on WiiU.
In order to use cheatcodes with DIOS MIOS (Lite), you need to download a file and put it in the sneek folder :
/sneek/kenobigc.bin
/sneek/kenobiwii.bin <-- take this one too, it will be usefull.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's been months that cIOS can be installed on vWii, there are a lot of threads on softmodding vWii and installing cIOS. USBLoaders are working, and they don't need to be "installed" on vWii, only cIOS are needed if you want to launch Wii games (GameCube and Channels maunching work without cIOS).

It's not the first time you tell the user wrong information about WiiU vWii, I suggest you read a little more threads before trying to help users with homebrew on vWii, and hope you don't do it intentionally.
Thank you.

- Wiiflow use a /wiiflow/ folder on the root of the device. Everything is inside.

the GameID.txt file contains ALL the known cheat codes. You need to select only the one you want to enable and generate a GameID.gct file that the loader will use.

USBLoaderGX use the /txtcodes/ and /codes/ on the root, but you can of course modify the folder in the settings to use the same one as Wiiflow if you want to share them between the two loaders.
(they are on the root because other homebrew like accio hacks, code downloader, code manager, etc. all use the one on the root)

- If you want to use cheatcode with GameCube games, it doesn't work with devolution so you need DIOS MIOS (Lite), which doesn't work on WiiU.
In order to use cheatcodes with DIOS MIOS (Lite), you need to download a file and put it in the sneek folder :
/sneek/kenobigc.bin

Then what if you wanna uninstall it? For warranty purposes?
Do you have an answer for that also?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you said cIOS couldn't be installed at all. which is false, because it's possible.
The warranty is another problem, but if you already installed the homebrew channel, installing a cIOS or not won't change the warranty problem as it's already no more under warranty.

installing/uninstalling a loader is not the proper definition, as the loader is on SD card and to uninstall it, it's only a matter of removing the SD card from the slot.
like I said, you can use the loader without installing cIOS (it use IOS 58 + AHB access), but you need the homebrew channel, which itself can be uninstalled, but the warranty will still be void.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
you said cIOS couldn't be installed at all. which is false, because it's possible.
The warranty is another problem, but if you already installed the homebrew channel, installing a cIOS or not won't change the warranty problem as it's already no more under warranty.

installing/uninstalling a loader is not the proper definition, as the loader is on SD card and to uninstall it, it's only a matter of removing the SD card from the slot.
like I said, you can use the loader without installing cIOS (it use IOS 58 + AHB access), but you need homebrew channel which CAN be uninstalled.

AFAIK, USB Loader GX uses cIOS249 as well for USB access and such.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
currently yes, but I added it in r1218. It's unreleased, but it will be.
It use IOS 58 if you only need to launch homebrew, GameCube and Channels.

of course you will need cIOS of you want to play Wii backups. But it is required for any other loaders, it's not specific to USBloaderGX.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
of course, and they can be installed/uninstalled, unlike you said.
I think in order for Wiiflow or USB Loader GX to work properly, cIOS needs to be installed and it CANNOT be installed on a Wii U's vWii mode at all.
you didn't said "if you want to not void the warranty".

You clearly said to the user that it was not possible to hack the vWii to use usbloaders, which was the wrong statement I was talking about, not about the warranty.

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thank you.

/sneek/kenobigc.bin

So, cheats for GameCube games can't work with Devolution, even through the Wiiflow Program?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wiiflow dosen't "use" cheatcode. Wiiflow is only a front end to launch other homebrew which in their turn launch gamecube games. (Wiiflow doesn't launch gamecube games backup).
It's up to the GameCube backup loaders to support codes or not. Devolution doesn't support codes, DIOS MIOS support codes, DIOS MIOS Lite support codes, nintendont will support codes.

USBLoaders download codes from Geckocodes.com
it doesn't bother to check if they are compatible or not, it's a function to download a file matching a GameID. That's all.
Wiiflow has nothing to do with Cheatcode compatibility, I told you that it was Devolution which wasn't compatible, not wiiflow.

Wiiflow is ALSO used to launch DIOS MIOS, remember ? dios mios WORKS with cheat code, so why would Wiiflow prevent users from downloading cheatcode if DIOS MIOS can use them?
if you want cheat code, don't use devolution.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol