Hacking USB loader charges for it to download covers.

Should people have to pay for using a USB loaders download cover function?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No it's just greed and wrong

• Don't care

• Total voters

neardark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Funny thing is, I donated lol, but still did not agree with the way it was being run, there was better options he chose to ignore and there was a reason for that.

Nullkill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else still doing bulk downloads anyway? Seems like by this point; everyone has all but 1 or 2 covers when they add a new game.

I'd imagine the bandwidth graph looks something like this:

Code:
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ-------------------
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ----ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ--------
ÂÂÂÂ -----ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ-----------------------
----
MarchÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂAprilÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ MayÂÂÂÂÂÂ JuneÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂJuly

With the peak sometime back in may

neardark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nullkill said:
Is anyone else still doing bulk downloads anyway? Seems like by this point; everyone has all but 1 or 2 covers when they add a new game.

I'd imagine the bandwidth graph looks something like this:

-------------------
---- --------
----- -----------------------
----
March April May June July

With the peak sometime back in may

who pleads for donations because of bandwidth issues then offers bulk downloads?? makes no sense

Nullkill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neardark said:
who pleads for donation because of bandwidth issues then offers bulk downloads?? makes no sense

Bulk downloads where available before the bandwidth issue; and then were the cause of it.

And it makes no sense b/c you are fucking retarted and don't understand.

antimatter

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
lol....
he shouldve made donations optional like any other site out there. youre not really donating for the covers here. youre paying for them, and thats trying to make money off the people who use the loaders. blaming neardark and posting his email and no explanation is also kind of unfair. whatever. i feel sorry for the people who donated

neardark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nullkill said:
neardark said:
who pleads for donation because of bandwidth issues then offers bulk downloads?? makes no sense

Bulk downloads where available before the bandwidth issue; and then were the cause of it.

And it makes no sense b/c you are fucking retarted and don't understand.

your wrong. I know because he told me lol.

Nullkill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neardark said:
have said it before and will say it again, people will give more when they are not forced to.

Are you kidding me? That is a load of shit. You know nothing of how to make money/run a business.

Speaking from experience; of all the wii dev I've done, I've had about 20 dollars donated. If there was a way to charge 99 cents a download; its true I would have had way fewer downloads; but I guarantee I would have made more than 20 dollars.

neardark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nullkill said:
neardark said:
have said it before and will say it again, people will give more when they are not forced to.

Are you kidding me? That is a load of shit. You know nothing of how to make money/run a business.

Speaking from experience; of all the wii dev I've done, I've had about 20 dollars donated. If there was a way to charge 99 cents a download; its true I would have had way fewer downloads; but I guarantee I would have made more than 20 dollars.

so now your saying he was out to make money/run a business??

Neversoft

Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
Problem solved - sites closed
YAY FOR TANTRUMS! I hope you enjoy my "donation"

Seriously dude, NOT cool... How many people donated? More than people posting negative comments on this site? I was happy to defend you even though I never bought your bandwidth statement, simply because I thought it was a good idea and you deserved something for your efforts - now you've effectively pissed-off the people who were supporting you!

There were so many better ways to handle this situation, such as telling naysayers to "get bent" (and maybe growing a thicker skin?) to partnering with one of the USB Loader developers and maybe also hosting "auto-config" files for games that are a pain to run - offer a "full" service for the loader.

Hopefully you'll eventually realise that the people who supported your efforts are the ones you should be listening to.

lajd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, i think when he began charging, people went ahead into cover panic downloading all they could before it all became a paid service.

i know i did. i got all ntsc covers and diskart this morning.

darn, i didn't get the pal and jpn ones before it was shutdown.

i was thinking of paying up though to relieve my conscience

Nullkill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neardark said:
so now your saying he was out to make money

OF COURSE YOU DUMB FUCK. ITS WHAT HE SAID.

Running a server costs money; he got tired of paying for the bandwidth and said "Either help pay for the server or its going down"

Unfortunately; He didn't say, "If you help pay for the server, I'll keep the site up; unless internet trolls bitch about the few bad ass mother fucks that donate; in which case, I'll take the site down and donate your money to charity"

neardark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nullkill said:
neardark said:
so now your saying he was out to make money

OF COURSE YOU DUMB FUCK. ITS WHAT HE SAID.

Running a server costs money; he got tired of paying for the bandwidth and said "Either help pay for the server or its going down"

Unfortunately; He didn't say, "If you help pay for the server, I'll keep the site up; unless internet trolls bitch about the few bad ass mother fucks that donate; in which case, I'll take the site down and donate your money to charity"

give it a rest already, your trying to flog a dead horse.

Nullkill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok ok; done; you bitch.

smile.gif

But seriously; I would be very interested to know how much $ was donated.

DJ Taz; since they were donations; and they are now going to charity; could you please tell us how much you recieved?

In the mean time; please post your donation amount... we'll see if we can't get a ballpark.

5 Euros donated ($7.20 US)

neardark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
"But seriously; I would be very interested to know how much $ was donated."

something tells me you will never get an honest answer to this, don't worry someone will have a new site up in no time. they always do. think how many people downloaded all the covers.

Neversoft

Trophies
XP
Country
neardark said:
I might have better luck explaining this to a dead horse but I'll try anyway: "Some of us believed the facility to bulk download was worth paying for and we were fully aware that DJTaz was going to make some money and were happy for him"

Then again, I do wish that somebody other than DJTaz would have created the site, preferably somebody a little older or at least less inclined to throw their toys out of the pram... Then again, this is the Wii scene, at least he hasn't attempted to forcibly remove himself from the gene pool yet
frown.gif

neardark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Neversoft said:
neardark said:
I might have better luck explaining this to a dead horse but I'll try anyway: "Some of us believed the facility to bulk download was worth paying for and we were fully aware that DJTaz was going to make some money and were happy for him"

Then again, I do wish that somebody other than DJTaz would have created the site, preferably somebody a little older or at least less inclined to throw their toys out of the pram... Then again, this is the Wii scene, at least he hasn't attempted to forcibly remove himself from the gene pool yet
frown.gif

lol it's the principle behind it, but you did make me laugh lol all he had to do was be honest and say you know what, I would like to make some money considering the hard work I have put in and people would have excepted that.

Nullkill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neversoft said:
neardark said:

frown.gif

Agreed' his site was awesome, and the auto size scripts he wrote were bad ass (to say the least).

He should turn the site back on and just learn to deal with the fact that this is the internet; people are immature and not everyone agrees with you.

(And most are wishing they had thought of the idea earlier and found a way to monetize it faster)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Used it as a web cam for a day for fun, sooo shitty it was hilarious
    I had two Ken one regular black one and a silver special edition one lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Speaking of old stuff those green og Logitech Xbox controllers still being listed around $100
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    eyetoy was fun yeah
    super basic, but the minigames were well designed
    i'm sure there's at least 1 emulator out there that works with it
    I had the PS3 one too and The Eye of Judgement game lol was ass
    i had eye toy play on ps2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Microsoft ruined it with kinect
    @The Real Jdbye, PCSX2 works with any web cam and emulates the EyeToy with it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember mic support for the n64 being janky
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Emulation wise
    I had a kinnect.... It blew rotting goat balls
    Ken amazingly DraStic microphone support works better than real hardware lol
    On a phone of course
    Also touch is better.... Well at least better than the launch DS, the lite one improved that a ton
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Touch
    +1
    I really need to dig out my USB Wii sensor bar and experiment with Wii emulation and synching Wii remotes with BT lol
    Sort of redundant since I have a Wii lol
    With HDMI lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I also have a Wii
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tomorrow be may 4th
    Getting Wiid from Street Pharmacist Mario?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    1tb SD card for whatever reason
    +1
    USB adapter and use as a Wii hard drive? Lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: USB adapter and use as a Wii hard drive? Lol