Hacking USB loader charges for it to download covers.

Should people have to pay for using a USB loaders download cover function?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No it's just greed and wrong

• Don't care

• Total voters

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
neardark said:
let me know what you think

ok let's open another poll saying
"should one man pay for the hosting of the covers ?"
or
"if we do not donate 1euro we will have to manually download the covers : is it acceptable ?"

this is really sickening. stop thinking as you are donating to the man, donate to the scene.. try to give back a little bit after everything you took !

you guys are so cheap.
I think I was amongst the first people who donated.
and hell I donated 30euros.
why so much ?
because of people like you, because the guy deserves being helped.
I love it when I see people saying "I know a host with XXXTo bandwith adn XXXcpu cycle" for xxUS$ per month or per year.
read between the lines of the contracts, it ain't that easy...

I saw a few website which are now hosting the covers... none with a layout, only filesharing.. and I find it great..
if we can share the burden between different websites I am sure an agreement can be found between the different hosters !
DjTaz would host the MAIN site, with the nice look/feel/1 download at a time.
and the other website (if agreed) would simply get a daily update of all the images and allow usbloaders to get them
this way if we have a few mirror, no one will reach their limits...
just my 2 cents.
I never hosted anything, but I am going to check around me to see if I can get a host...

R

jovanah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seriously if its such a problem to donate a small amount download the F'en cover manually. It has already been talk about that the donation is only to help maintain the site and to help the people that spent there own time putting the site together and maintaining it.

It's take a matter of minutes to download a cover, resize and load it onto your SD/USB. You want the luxury feature of been lazy then expect to pay for it. We don't live in a free world people!

neardark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

that's what advertising is for numb nuts, there are other ways to do it than make members pay,

www.cdcovers.cc has more people use that in one day that the wii cover art has in a week and they don't need members to pay? ask yourself why that is?.

jovanah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
neardark said:

that's what advertising is for numb nuts, there are other ways to do it than make members pay,

www.cdcovers.cc has more people use that in one day that the wii cover art has in a week and they don't need members to pay? ask yourself why that is?.

If you can avoid having those crappy advertisement on your page, is a better option, at least i would think!

Also cdcovers.cc is a very different site, and is like comparing apples and bananas.. Cdcover.cc you need to d/l manual (which boxart let you do for FREE), but then you will need crop the picture and resize. And as far as i know cdcovers.cc doesn't allow programs to download automatically

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
If you check with any good polling organisation they will tell you that you have deliberately tried to skew the results with your choice of options.
If you wanted true impartiality you should have just had the options yes, no and dont care, however you have let your own opinion come into play in an attempt to influence others by including the phrase its just greed and wrong...

neardark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
what ever way you look at it, if people say No it's because of that very reason, and sorry for not being a pro poller lmao

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
neardark said:

www.cdcovers.cc has more people use that in one day that the wii cover art has in a week and they don't need members to pay? ask yourself that.
am I the only one who is wondering one thing :

when you download through the loader you do not hit the page, therefor do not have any hit on the advertising. duh !!!

and now let's compare that with cdcovers.cc
click on my favorite www.cdcovers.cc/covers ---- adds hit
drop down to WII --- adds hit
click on the letter --- adds hit
find the right page --- adds hit
find the right entry (games have multiple entries) --- adds hit for each entry
previewing front --- adds hit
previewing CD --- adds hit

it is not the case but imaging they start offering 3d and fullcover.. that's 2 more hits..

so each user willing to get the full set would at least do 9 hits (if he gets directly the good version of the game and the pics fits him). Knowing that on the page there it at least 5 different adds.
that's 45 hits for one game.

so on your point of view.. how do you compare 0 hits to 45 hits ?

give me a second I am looking for my calculator to make sure I got it right...
wacko.gif

nah it is too complicated for me. I hope one of you can help me.

R

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Point is if you chose "Yes, I think its a value added service I am willing to pay for, No, Don't Care" you would get an entirely different set of results. Personally I don't care and voted as such - however don't expect to attach any scientific or empirical value to your poll. .

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hardly as you have not been able to rebuff what I have said. If you dont edit the poll then it is frankly worthless.
You slag off people for being juvenile and others for showing a degree of intelligence - so what does that make you?

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I care that when something is done, it is done properly rather than sloppily. Its called having standards. I guess your powers of observation missed that one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Ohhh. NSFW!!!! https://youtu.be/q3C3ceUYXRY?feature=shared