USB Hard Drive Causing Interference?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Sledgehammer, Oct 29, 2009.

Oct 29, 2009
  1. Sledgehammer
    OP

Newcomer Sledgehammer Newbie

United Kingdom
    I have just got round to backing up my collection onto an external hard drive, but everytime i plug in my hard drive it causes interference on the screen and makes it judder every couple of seconds. now my ext hdd is a 300gb IDE in a external caddie, but i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem? i didnt want to go and buy a all singing all dancing hard drive as i did not know how this backup thing really worked and also aint got the spare cash. [​IMG]

i have seen other hdd's that dont have any power to the the run off the USB i assume, is this the kind of drive that people are using?

any help would great..

Great site, nice reading some of the posts.....

2. jeanrmarques

Newcomer jeanrmarques Advanced Member

Brazil
    I had this issue, in my case it was the external case, I switched and it worked fine after that. hope it helps

3. Optimusprime

Newcomer Optimusprime Newbie

Germany
    A friend from me had the same Problem. The Issue was the USB Controller in this External Case.

4. Mr.BS

Newcomer Mr.BS Newbie

United States
    In my case it was the power supply, although my external hd was working fine with data(streams) on Wii and PC.
    It created interference on my TV, but only when playing Wii......TV and DVD watching no problem.