Hacking USB dual-HD support

georgecoat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a USB Dual Bay HD dock with two SATA drives in it. Both of them are recognized in WBFS Manager 3.0, wbfs formated, games loaded.
Each of the drives is recognized in wiiflow but only one at the time.
If both of the drives are in the dock at the same time, only one of them is visible in wiiflow.
When I want to load games on one of the drives in wiiflow, I have to unplug the other one and vice versa.
Is there any way/trick to see all games on both drives in the dock at the same time on wiiflow?
Sorry I searched the forum but could not find this.
Thank you.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
georgecoat said:
Is there any way/trick to see all games on both drives in the dock at the same time on wiiflow?

No.

The Wii does not have this ability. The only way that I know of to get the Wii to see a multi-bay enclosure as one drive is to get an enclosure that supports RAID in the enclosure itself. I have a 4 bay enclosure that is set to show all 4 drives as one massive drive, and the Wii sees that just fine.

Another option for you is to get a WODE, as you can plug multiple (separate) hard drives into it.

georgecoat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks lilsypha for a prompt answer. So it is the wii that has no compatibility for reading two drives at once and not the loader...
But the WODE looks impressive, anybody tried it yet?

lilsypha said:
georgecoat said:

No.

The Wii does not have this ability. The only way that I know of to get the Wii to see a multi-bay enclosure as one drive is to get an enclosure that supports RAID in the enclosure itself. I have a 4 bay enclosure that is set to show all 4 drives as one massive drive, and the Wii sees that just fine.

Another option for you is to get a WODE, as you can plug multiple (separate) hard drives into it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...