Hardware USB Cable to connect the Switch to the PC

Francesca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
I've been having trouble getting my PC to recognise my Switch for USB install of backups so I was thinking that maybe I need a new cable.

Has your Nintendo Switch come with a cable? Because I'm pretty sure mine hasn't.

I'm also not sure if my PC even has a USB C / 3 (not sure of the difference) port. In Device Manager, I can see 'Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller' and 'Intel(R) USB 3.0 Root Hub', so this probably means I have... two USB C ports? One? idk. This hasn't been a problem until I needed to do USB install.

Agilato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch doesn't come with a USB-C cable.
You no need USB 3.0 for communication with a pc USB 2.0 should work also.
What exactly you are trying to do by connecting your console to the PC?
To do NAND backups you need: Unpatched Switch, RCM-JIG, Micro SD card and Payloader(you can use PC for that)

What happens when you connect your console to the PC?

Last edited by Agilato,

Francesca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Switch doesn't come with a USB-C cable.
You no need USB 3.0 for communication with a pc USB 2.0 should work also.
What exactly you are trying to do by connecting your console to the PC?
To do NAND backups you need: Unpatched Switch, RCM-JIG, Micro SD card and Payloader(you can use PC for that)

What happens when you connect your console to the PC?

I want to USB install backups on my Switch. I have the backups on my PC.

When I connect my Switch to the PC, it makes a sound. It won't appear in Zadig.

Did you use Zadig to install the proper drivers?

Drivers in the plural?libusbK is the only driver I need, right? Last time I tried to do it, it didn't help (as in I still couldn't see my Switch among devices when selecting 'See All'), but I'm pretty sure I did install the driver. When I open zadig now, it says 'Replace Driver' (can't remember if that's what it always said) and this is what it says for all drivers available when I cycle through the menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...