Hardware USA/UK console with Japanese Gamepad?

Monty1986

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi All,

I am very new to the scene and I apologize in advance if this question has come up in the past.

My Problem:
I live in Japan and ended up buying a cheap 8GB wiiU and gamepad here (before researching the region locked crap). Unfortunately, I also am new to Japan so cannot read Japanese.

I have successfully installed Haxchii and got Mocha CFW (with redNAND) set up etc. I have also edited the sys_prod.xml value to 119 to make the WiiU region free. I also have Spiik to help change the language for USA/PAL games which I have installed on the wiiU (via USB hard drive). However, some of the games still crash. So far from the USA games I have tried which crash are Smash Bros, Toad, Mario Kart (However, Mario Kart loads when Spiik is not running in Japanese), Zelda breath of the wild needs an update or something (I cannot read the Japanese in system menu)

My question:
I am willing to try and purchase a US or UK WiiU to enable to have an English system menu but also allow me to just straight up install US/PAL games without having to go through all the other hurdles to hope they will work. However, I don't want to have to buy the whole wiiU package. Will my Japanese gamepad work on a US/PAL console?

Additional question, is there anyway to straight up change the firmware of a Japanese console/gamepad into US/PAL firmware.

Thanks in advance.

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii U game pad aren't RF - so you'd need a console and gamepad, and yes - changing the firmware outright is possible but not well written.

Zonark

Zonark - Noun - A God
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn’t there a language option in the Wii U itself? A lot of stuff I have bought from japan has been able to switch to english go into setting then go to the picture that looks like a Wii U and game pad that is colored red select the top option that will let you change the language. English should be on there since they usually teach it there and everything else I’ve bought from there has

Last edited by Zonark,

Monty1986

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Isn’t there a language option in the Wii U itself? A lot of stuff I have bought from japan has been able to switch to english go into setting then go to the picture that looks like a Wii U and game pad that is colored red select the top option that will let you change the language. English should be on there since they usually teach it there and everything else I’ve bought from there has

Thanks for the reply. But nope the Japanese wiiU has no language options unfortunately :-( I guess for now I am going to have to play games running SpiiQ everytime for English and the ones that crash with SpiiQ I will just have to play in Japanese.... At least Nintendont will run English games in English etc.

I will just have to consider buying a PAL WiiU + Gamepad and shipping it to Japan or something.

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe you could try a solution but it is very dangerous and may brick your console.
Look for Wii U System Config Tool. It is a copyrighted program so we can't link it here.

There are two versions : the first version only works with RedNand: IT WILL BRICK YOUR SYSTEM IF INSTALLED TO SYSNAND!
The second version made by @punderino works on sysnand.

The "system config tool" (safe version) is obtained from "IAqua's Pastebin" (a MEGA link) but OMG it is still illegal :P and don't mess with options try only basic options like "languages" and package install/uninstall...

Hope it works.

Last edited by depaul,
Reactions: salmon01

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and so i got mashle instead, which is actually quite good
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    GUYS YOU CAN LAUNCH HEALTH AND SAFETY INFO IN AROMA NOW
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan,i only watched anime
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for anyone wondering what that is, basically, it's about the one person in the world without magic, instead he's just dummy strong
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Dr. What and Dr. Where got lost together somewhere in time, Dr. When is looking for them
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    What about Dr. How?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    OR DR. WHY?
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    @Xdqwerty sorry i get excited when i get to see what type of laser the wii u uses
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    They ALL went to Nurse Why's house
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: SCPs started from some Dr. Who fanfic or smth on 4chan
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Dr How and Why, will be in the prequel
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, or dr when
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    dr what
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ooohhh the steamy scene with Nurse Why. omg :blush:
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty is Dr. Wut
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey gets mad and tells me its a bad habit to bite your nails, even though I told her I washed my feet first.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Dr Strange is a gynecologist for prostitutes.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Going where lots of men have gone before
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i tear off my nails
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it was a joke, but I used to bite my nails when I was young, but when I started doing construction work and seen what crap was under my nails, I stopped.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    What i said isnt a joke
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sometimes yea when they get real long, you want to, but I always end up with a bloody finger or hangnails.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well that's 30 minutes worth of complaining
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They send you the wrong STD medicine again?
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: They send you the wrong STD medicine again?