• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

USA - Russia is mocking you for bringing home a junkie!

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
None of this matters to what I've been debating. I love how people want me to argue about other aspects, when all I want to address is the fact that she is not a junkie by any definition and for Russia to be declaring her as such, is propaganda.

I love how Americans think only their culture matters, and the rest is just propaganda.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how Americans think only their culture matters, and the rest is just propaganda.
So you think while she was in prison over there without any weed, she was balled up, in a cold sweat, shivering and vomiting because she hasn't had her fix? Cuz that would make her a junkie, I'll give you that, but I think we both know she wasn't having weed withdrawal at all. She's not a real junkie, she's a "Russian standards" junkie as you put it, but not an actual junkie.

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
So you think while she was in prison over there without any weed, she was balled up, in a cold sweat, shivering and vomiting because she hasn't had her fix? Cuz that would make her a junkie, I'll give you that, but I think we both know she wasn't having weed withdrawal at all. She's not a real junkie, she's a "Russian standards" junkie as you put it, but not an actual junkie.
Would you class her as arrogant, stupid, narcissistic and convicted drug smuggler criminal instead?

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you class her as arrogant, stupid, narcissistic and convicted drug smuggler criminal instead?
Sure. Anyone to bring in any amount of drugs into Russia is an idiot, I've been saying as much from the start. But she's not a junkie.

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Sure. Anyone to bring in any amount of drugs into Russia is an idiot, I've been saying as much from the start. But she's not a junkie.
Yep I agree, she's a total mong. That's why putin is laughing that he got to swap such a pathetic wretch for a high value prisoner.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So you think while she was in prison over there without any weed, she was balled up, in a cold sweat, shivering and vomiting because she hasn't had her fix?

Nope. But I'm sure when she got back home she was excited to go back to it. By American standards, she'd probably be an enthusiast. But willing to break the law for something that is "trivial" indicates something more than that.

I think people can be addicted to things mentally, and therefore, physically. Just because the subject itself isn't considered "addictive", some people are capable of doing some bad things for their obsessions. She was disrespectful, but she wasn't malicious, and I wouldn't necessarily conclude she has an obsession for THC. She may have forgot she had it, but I doubt it.

I don't call people junkies, but I understand that many cultures do and they have different thresholds.

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Almost like invading a neighboring country unprovoked after insisting for months that it wouldn't happen reduces your international credibility to zero or something. Shocker.
Are we talking the invasion of Afghanistan or Iraq here - or Syria, "insert country here", etc.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep I agree, she's a total mong. That's why putin is laughing that he got to swap such a pathetic wretch for a high value prisoner.
Pretty pathetic that they still have to add the extra propaganda to that point though. Like if I were a Russian living in Russia, that headline would just make me think all the less of my government, though I'm sure they're pretty used to the amount of propaganda over there as it is.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Almost like invading a neighboring country unprovoked after insisting for months that it wouldn't happen reduces your international credibility to zero, or something. Shocker.

I love how self-unaware you are.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Are we talking the invasion of Afghanistan or Iraq here - or Syria, "insert country here", etc.
The credibility of GWB and the Republican party was zero even before the invasions, as far as I'm concerned. Anybody currently cheerleading for Putin after the tens of thousands of war crimes he's committed in Ukraine: also zero credibility (or morality).

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Like if I were a Russian living in Russia, that headline would just make me think all the less of my government

Here's the thing though. You are an American pretending to empathize with Russians. I can tell you, in Japan, that even though the Government has harsh stance and messaging about controlled substances, most people would still fault the person doing the drugs than they would of government "propaganda". From the outside, it may look oppressive, but from the inside, it looks like what the people want.

Reactions: mrdude

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the thing though. You are an American pretending to empathize with Russians. I can tell you, in Japan, that even though the Government has harsh stance and messaging about controlled substances, most people would still fault the person doing the drugs than they would of government "propaganda". From the outside, it may look oppressive, but from the inside, it looks like what the people want.
Well when I read propaganda in our headlines in America, it makes me think less of our Government. So I'm not pretending, I'm completely relating lol.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
From the outside, it may look oppressive, but from the inside, it looks like what the people want.
If this was true, tens of thousands wouldn't have fled the country following the announcement of mobilization. Russia hasn't held a legitimate election since Putin seized power, so it's impossible to gauge what the people there actually want.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When was the last time you had any relationship with Russian citizens?
My boss when I worked at Verizon had lived for 2 years in Russia actually, met his wife there. He definitely had drank the Russia Kool-Aid, was always singing praises of Putin, even though he was actually arrested by the police and they planted a small amount of weed on him, and he had to call his dad in America to pay essentially blackmail of I believe $10K, or else he was gonna get locked up pretty much for life. Yeah, I didn't mention it earlier, but this whole situation is familiar to something a person I knew actually went through.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
My boss when I worked at Verizon had lived for 2 years in Russia actually, met his wife there. He definitely had drank the Russia Kool-Aid, was always singing praises of Putin, even though he was actually arrested by the police and they planted a small amount of weed on him, and he had to call his dad in America to pay essentially blackmail of I believe $10K, or else he was gonna get locked up pretty much for life. Yeah, I didn't mention it earlier, but this whole situation is familiar to something a person I knew actually went through.

Lol. Even if you feel bad for him, would you call that empathizing?

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol. Even if you feel bad for him, would you call that empathizing?
He was actually a pretty good friend, I'm happy he met his wife there, and it sucks that he went through what he did and his family was essentially robbed of $10k. Yeah I definitely feel for him, I don't wish for anyone to be set up like that, that would suck.

Reactions: tabzer and Xzi

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
He was actually a pretty good friend, I'm happy he met his wife there, and it sucks that he went through what he did and his family was essentially robbed of $10k. Yeah I definitely feel for him, I don't wish for anyone to be set up like that, that would suck.

I find it kind of admirable that he still had love for his *adopted country despite his experience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, it seems that dtapple disabled others posting on their profile, they might be going...