US Version DSi

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by kyomagi, Apr 5, 2009.

Apr 5, 2009

US Version DSi by kyomagi at 2:46 PM (3,826 Views / 0 Likes) 29 replies

1. kyomagi
    OP

Member kyomagi GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I got mine this morning annnndd...it works

durr

AK2i works, I updated to 1.3U to get to the store and AK2i still works, safe to update FOR NOW.

2. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    Thanks for the input.

I just hope it stays that way until I get my DSi...which is in 2 months...

3. TwinBlades

Member TwinBlades GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Korea, South
    I dont want to start a new thread but I've seen on the boxes of the DSI thay you can get free games with 1000 points once you buy it and go onto the online shop (Forgot wats it called). If anyone have the DSI, does it mean buy like those retro games or actual Nintendo DS games like GTA?

4. DeltaBurnt

United States
    The 1000 points are for DSi Games and the soon to come virtual console.

You get the 1000 free points if you log into the DSiShop for the first time before October 7th.

5. Pavichokche

Newcomer Pavichokche Advanced Member

Canada
    they need to make a program (official downloadable stuff I mean) that can
    play videos
    view (at the very least) all sorts of pictures you put on yer sd card
    and they need to update the firmware so you can put other pictures on the homescreen (i get tired of my own face)

6. DeltaBurnt

United States
    I'm pretty sure you can view your pictures on the DSi, or am I wrong?

And also Pavi, are you sure you have the latest firmware because alot of people on youtube have custom wallpapers on their DSi's...maybe all those people have the JP version?

7. xDlmaoxD

Member xDlmaoxD GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I got mines today also, I updated to 1.3U just to make sure I got the Browser then I'm not updating.
    Until its confirm it works with the AceKard 2i [​IMG]

8. CheatingSoi

Member CheatingSoi Graphic Designer

United States
    Same here. I kinda want to use up all of my points incase Nintendo throws out and update that kills Acekard so I wont be able to go on the shop channel anymore. But idk. No good games except Wario.

Does anyone know how to play .AAC files from the SD? I converted some mp3s and put them on the SD card but my DSi wont find them.

9. Miles

Member Miles GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You can't view photos and pictures that you didn't take with your DS.
    At least from what I've tried you can't.

10. sevren_d

Newcomer sevren_d Newbie

United States
    I also updated and my DSTTi still works just fine!!!

11. DeltaBurnt

United States
    Try converting your songs in iTunes.

12. ricencracker

Newcomer ricencracker Newbie

United States
    i had to convert mine to .m4a for any of the songs to play on the dsi

13. DMC23

Newcomer DMC23 Member

United States
    I was relatively sure that the DSi would be compatible with the Acekard 2i when it got released here. If Nintendo had blocked the card with 1.3 (any version since the update seems to do the same thing in all territories), it would have gotten out. Blocking the Acekard or any other DSi compatible card could have lead to lost sells in Europe and the USA - how many people here claimed they wouldn't buy one if it blocked the cards out of the box? An upgradable bios gives them options and time. Smart thing to do is wait a few months and let the systems saturate the market then BAM! release the update that blocks them. Sure, we can refuse to upgrade the system, but they would either block DSi store access or release the upgrade in connection with a hot new release that would require the update to work (ala PSP).

14. gamekool

Member gamekool GBAtemp Regular

United States
    not surprising...check out the acekard official site,it release the news it works on April 3 of Euro dsi
    http://www.acekard.com/news.php

anyway...what's the color you got? blue?

15. DeltaBurnt

United States
    I agree with that...in some ways.

We all know that the inevitable update that blocks the flash carts will comes soon. But it won't be long after that (or before that maybe) that someone finds an exploit that allows flash carts to work or to get custom firmware.

It always happens, always.

16. Pavichokche

Newcomer Pavichokche Advanced Member

Canada
    yeah, I updated my firmware to 1.3, cuz it sort of forces you to (if you want to use the store) since I wanted the browser. and yeah, just like Miles said, you can only view what was taken with the dsi's camera, so I just took a picture of a pic from my computer and used it as my "desktop" (its also the desktop on my computer)! [​IMG]

17. CheatingSoi

Member CheatingSoi Graphic Designer

United States
    lol, that what i was thinkning of doing, but i kinda like all the random pics I have of me taken in the photochannel

18. DMC23

Newcomer DMC23 Member

United States
    Delta, I never meant to imply that Nintendo could permanently block flash cards. As a PSP gamer, I have seen how easy it is to create custom firmwares once an exploit is discovered ... and there are always exploits. No, I was simply pointing out that rushing to find a way to block the AceKard 2i would have cost more in development time, could have lead to a buggy US/European launch, and could of scared away potential customers. So, I was relatively sure that the cards would work.

19. poweroffice

Newcomer poweroffice Newbie

United States
    Hi, i just got a dsi and im not sure which firmware version i have. I am able to access the shop, but when i go to the system properties, it tells me that there is a new update. Does anybody have any idea what that update is for and whether or not the AK2i works with the latest firmware?

20. Crossing Guardia

Newcomer Crossing Guardia Member

United Kingdom

Read the first post.

Also I think I'm gonna copy paste my post about region locking here as it won't let me move the thread...:

"Ok people so I am seriously thinking of importing the ridiculously awesome Gyakuten Kenji DSi but I am aware that this means I will only be able to access the Japanese DSi store, which is of course completely useless to me.

So, I'm asking: Is there any kind of way to unlock the DSi region coding as the moment? If not does it seem likely there will be quite soon?

I realize the DSi is JUST out but if someone finds a way of accessing foreign DSi stores then could you please let me know?
    " [​IMG]

I guess the post is a bit misinformed and I'll just have to wait for exploits (hopefully sooner rather than later) but still if anyone has thoughts....