Gaming US/UM Review Thread

scionae

*clicking circles*
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, the game finally came out and many of you folks have pirated it early and finished it.
What are your thoughts?
Is it a bad game? Is it a DLC? It's so bad it can't even be classified as a DLC?
What are your opinions on this marketing strategy that Ninty adopted?

For me, these two games are poorly designed. Ninty and GF made up a lot of hype for..
a SU/MO clone, basically.
For the ones who have not played the old ones this is the right game, but for those who
played X/Y, ORAS and SU/MO.. this is the worst thing ever.
They could have done so much, expecially with the Ultra Megalopolis,
but instead it turned out to be just a basic corridor that looked like a city.
This had a lot of potential, but GF really fucked up. (for me)​

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would give it a 4 out of 10. 4/10

Not because its a bad game, but because of the way it was published.
The game is essentially an "enhanced" third version to Sun and Moon. However, the trailers were very deceptive. The trailers pretty much showed EVERYTHING that was new in the game.. and not much was new at all.
There was some new story elements, however, I felt as though the story was even cut short compared to Sun/Moon.

I have said this before.. post game, with a strong team, you can literally complete in less than 30 minutes. Where as Sun/Moon had some RPG missions and gradually told you bits and bobs of story while post game was going on.

The name Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon is definitely not fitting. Adding a few new forms, taking away game time does not make it ultra. More like half assed Sun and half assed Moon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this came out without Sun/Moon. I would have given it a 7/10. Still not that great.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since 5th gen, Pokemon story became really complex. There was so much possibilities and so much to explore. Gamefreak, however, left it really dull and short. They still havent explained the trio of Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem(they were ONE pokemon). Many say that will probably be explained in the remakes of Black/white.. on their 10th anniversary.
Same thing in 6th gen. Story had a lot of elements to it. But again.. they left things incomplete and unsaid.

Its an extreme obvious situation where you can tell that they plan on expanding on the things that I have mentioned.. but probably on their 10th year remake of those games. Leaving the milking opportunity out there.
Honestly. Its so obvious.
I know every company nowadays wants to milk their series but damn it... its gonna lose its fan base.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I think I'm going to start making all my posts like this
gives them a sort of sing-along quality
all for my dear reader's enjoy
and happiness

And you're wrong of course