GBAtemp Board Room
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Violence Inherit in the System Launch

Putnam, CT - Two armed teenagers in ski masks attempt to hold-up the PS3 line at the local Wal-Mart, fleeing the scene empty-handed after shooting a customer who tried to resist them. The victim, shot in the chest and shoulder, is currently in stable condition.

Sullivan, IN - A man is stabbed as he and a friend try to rob two other men of their newly acquired systems. He is in critical condition following emergency surgery.

Fresno, CA
- Two people are arrested after a crowd tramples people in a parking lot trying to get a chance at purchasing the launch system.

Englewood, OH
- Two armed men in black ski-masks enter a GameStop at closing time, forcing the employees to hand over their stock of five PS3 systems.

Manchester, CT
- Five men surround a new Playstation 3 owner as he exits a store with his purchase, beat him, and drive off with his console. As they escape they push one of their own out of the car, a 17 year-old male now being charged with multiple crimes.

Allentown, PA - A teenager has his system stolen by a man who taps on his car window with a handgun.

Henrico, VA - Police are forced to use a talcum powder ball to get a crowd of 350 under control as they waited for a chance at one of a Target stores 8 systems.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Wal-Mart Race
What a stupid Wal-Mart
rofl2.gif

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hee! Guess that's what you get for waiting in line...

Lookout, I never said boycott was a painless solution... But you gotta stand up for your consumer rights. Although, both my DS Hueg and DS Lite were bought overseas and I paid taxes on the phat only, which made me only "not save any money" from the preferential rates. So really, it's not a big hit. In fact, for the DS Lite, the price difference paid for the 3rd party DS pouch and localized power cord, so it was about thirty euros cheaper. It's too sad I can't pull this one for the Wii...

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Wal-Mart Race
What a stupid Wal-MartÂ
rofl2.gif

that soo classic
laugh.gif
ran into a lamp post..

I actually feel sorry for that guy. The guy that pushed him is a real asshole...bigger asshole that he got a spot in line.

I felt sorry for him until I found out he's planning legal action against the store.

yeah, i guess felt the same.. still classic - god bless america

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually legal action against the store seems the right thing to do actually. If you ran into a pole because a store told you to run to the wall for an object of desire...for example, the cure for cancer or a PS3. The store should have known better that when tons of people run towards a single goal, someone is going to get trampled or hurt. It just makes sense. Do a fucking raffle...not a race...the result would have been the same ... if not safer.

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Playstation 3 Seller Attacked, Robbed In La Palma

The victim -- a man in his 20s whose name was not released -- was assaulted with pepper spray and robbed of the coveted consoles.

The seller met the two men around 1 a.m. at a McDonald’s restaurant on Moody Street and Orangethorpe Avenue, according to Sgt. Terry Kim of the La Palma Police Department.

One man sprayed the victim with pepper spray, then the pair fled on foot with the PS3 consoles, Kim said.

The victim was treated by paramedics at the scene, he said.

The suspects are described as men in their 20s.

The victim said that he had advertised the consoles on Craigslist.com, and was trying to sell both items for $5,000. PS3s retail for $500 or $600 per unit.

video

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte