• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

US presidential election

Who are/did/would you vote for?

• Total voters

NeoSupaMario

GBATemp's Official Stegosaurus
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who did/will/would you vote for? And if there's one thing you could've changed about the race, what would it be? (such as how almost all of the ads are negative)

Reactions: AlanJohn

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am voting for Obama. I lived under Mitt's ruling in Massachusetts and he had a great job destroying that state and I am pretty sure under Newt and Rick, Mike and I will be treated like criminals, as would the rest of the gay community.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll probably vote for Obama again becaue none of the GOP people have impresed me in the slightest... on the other had, I'm increasingly starting to think it really doesn't matter, as the other party will sabotage whoever wins anyway.

Reactions: 1 person

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I listened to some debate thing they did and the candidates talked about how they were gonna change shit...I lol'd. They all wanted to cut out all the services helping the lower/middle class citizens while benefiting the upper class, and none of them were the least bit ashamed that they were gigantic douchebags.

Poor Obama is the best president in years but he's always getting shit on because he had to deal with Bush ruining the country, and all the slander campaigns against him. It's tragic but if and when someone else is voted in i'm betting they'll just drive the country into the ground. I don't think people realize what Obama has had to work with thus far. They think it's all sunshine and rainbows and Obama can just do a magic trick and make the national debt disappear.

Reactions: 9 people

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Obama is terrible but I'll vote for him again to protect the surpreme court from repub idiocy
He's only bad because he was left to clean up Bush's shit. It took Bush 8 years to fuck up America, it's going to take twice as long to clean it back up.

NeoSupaMario

GBATemp's Official Stegosaurus
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
However... Obama wants to INCREASE the debt another couple trillion. That won't fuck up the countries economy at all. And he ended the space program. What are our enemies gonna do? PUT WEAPONS In SPACE. What happens if were not there to stop it? They'll blow the shit out of us.

Reactions: 2 people

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
I am voting for Obama. I lived under Mitt's ruling in Massachusetts and he had a great job destroying that state and I am pretty sure under Newt and Rick, Mike and I will be treated like criminals, as would the rest of the gay community.

Catboy is correct, Nasty Newt would do the most he could to hurt the gay community. Sanctorum would work to make our laws closer to the bible. I don't even know what Mitt Romney stands for..... So I'm voting for Obama, he's not the best president. But he's better than all those god damn bible thumpers.

Reactions: 3 people

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
However... Obama wants to INCREASE the debt another couple trillion. That won't fuck up the countries economy at all.
~43% of the current United States debt was under George W. Bush. That's a lot. Much of the debt increase under Obama has been economic recovery policies. The national debt would be a lot less of an issue if the Republicans would allow tax cuts for the rich to go away.

I'll be voting for Obama for the second time.

Reactions: 3 people

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope we can vote for the president as we are part of US. If we are able to vote I'll vote for Obama. From all of them he's the onlyone that has showed interest in resolving our status.

Reactions: 1 person

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you work with a population this big, there is no such thing as a win-win situation. Every decision is going to have some advantages and disadvantages. So the idea of politics is to take all of their proposed decisions and show the disadvantages of them completely blinding from the advantages.

I will not be voting because the system is broken. In a true democracy, each vote is supposed to be independent from each other. However, there is a large amount of influential factors that nearly every vote is dependent on other people. This is not democracy, it's a broken system where large media and wealthy people have control over the masses mindset.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Obama is a great president. The sad fact is that most Americans think that Black people are magical creatures when they are just human like they are. They make mistakes and try to solve their own personal issues like everyone else does. Anyone with a brain would realize that it's going to take more than one term to fix the American economy. Bush fucked it up real good. It's what he did best. Fucking stuff up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :tpi: