Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ehm...
frown.gif
 I'm not skilled enough to use your code...I have to use it with exeditor? but I don't know how to do...excuse me, I don't understand any about coding!Â
rolleyes.gif
it would be easier for me to use the ips...but, in every way, congratulations. you're great! the patch is wonderful!

above code was the same as the codejunkies code using their Action replay for DS, i believe R4DS support this kind of functionality but i have no idea how to add those code in R4DS since i dont have one lol
laugh.gif

jinqui242

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the last US patch and it seems to work fine. The face buttons respond. I haven't had time to start the game yet, but I'm sure I'll use the patch when I do.

toenailed

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
that good to hear that the patch works
cool.gif

anyway can u guys try this one too

LoZ:PH D-Pad Hack with X button act as Spin Slash for US and EU version only

it comes with two IPS

use 1456 - The Legend of Zelda - Phantom Hourglass (U)(iND).ips for USA ROM version
and
use 1514 - The Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass (E)(XMS).ips for Europe ROM Version

Use only appropriate IPS for depends ROM version.. don't forget to read the readme.txt ..
biggrin.gif

PS. Please use a Clean Unpatched ROM with this ..

aaa2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you also map slash to a buton then all would be perfect maybe b button and keep items button on L and leave start what it now is

toenailed

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK heres my note for Attack and possiblity to map it,*warning: a body of text follows*

Thrusting is possible but requires lots of data i can add it but we need to wait a little bit till i finally made the whole code smaller, so far i already use 440bytes and the maximum i can use is 1024bytes only, actually i can add more but 1024bytes is only the safest i seen to store the code with no problem

Side slash, without any intention, it was already done in patch simply press consecutively any 45 degree combination, example Down-DownLeft-Left or Right-RightDown-Down, as if you were playing a fighting game, it is possible to map this with any button and requires small data (or at least if i just just use the 4 corner side,leftdown, rightdown, leftup, rightup) but i reserve some space for other attack or at least if i find some extra space

Rolling is definitely the most difficult but much possible than target-attack, problem with this is it requires additional X and Y position on data and a lots of experimentation, been frustatingly try to add this a couple of time but still with no success

Spin Slash is the easiest thats why i add it already in patch ..
smile.gif

Target attacking, this one is also difficult to make the problem is it had to tap the enemy to attack, it wont be a problem if theres one enemy on display but if more than one it requires some additional code to check the existence of enemy and which enemy to attack thus requires a lot more data again. But Target Attacking can already made with existing patch but a little lame to perform.

If you will notice each time you press the D-Pad the fairy pops up on the edge of the screen, ex. press left you will see her on the leftmost side or Press right and you will see her on the rightmost area, what it does is it acts as if you were tapping on those side.

Now heres the catch just wait for enemy to come up on those side then press a direction depending on where the enemy is located example when you where about to see the enemy on the leftmost side of the screen, press Left and then you will hear a sound confirming that as if you tap the enemy thus making the game think you tap it and it will attack, it will work just make sure it was on the same location that the fairy will pop up . You can try it also in picking up an item like jar, barrel or talking to npc. (i tried to make the fairy position a bit closer to link when press but i found when inside the house or building, link was not exactly on the center of the screen and will not move if you press the DPAD). Anyway i hope i did not confuse you with that

PS. i did not touch the L and R so you can still use the Item in hold function, it can work with DPAD even with boomerang except if it requires to draw the a specific line ..
biggrin.gif

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I see, it's more complicated than one would think
tongue.gif
The fact that attacking involves tapping enemies makes it quite hard.

I personally wouldn't mind that certain currently used buttons are used for attacking. Don't really know which ones because it's some time ago I played LoZ:PH (I did some quick'n dirty patch playtesting though xD)

Good luck with the hacks, I'm amazed by what you did so far and the ideas you have in mind.

toenailed

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
currently my focus is to add the rolling, except thrusting, its the only thing that cannot be done with the current patch i have, and unlike any other attack it has no option but to use directly the stylus and besides i want it badly map in button.
smile.gif

toenailed

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i didn't find a time to check it thoroughly but i test it in Emulator

anyway here it is

LoZ_DPAS_X_patcher

use LoZ_DPAD_X_SpinSlash_USA.exe for USA version [1456]
Use LoZ_DPAD_X_SpinSlash_Europe.exe for Europe Version [1514]

P.S. It check for CRC and requires a clean and unpatched ROM
biggrin.gif

jinqui242

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i didn't find a time to check it thoroughly but i test it in Emulator

anyway here it is

LoZ_DPAS_X_patcher

use LoZ_DPAD_X_SpinSlash_USA.exe for USA version [1456]
Use LoZ_DPAD_X_SpinSlash_Europe.exe for Europe Version [1514]

P.S. It check for CRC and requires a clean and unpatched ROM
biggrin.gif

Thanks, I will try this one also. I wonder if it would be possible for you to include a simple IPS patch in the zip as well as the EXE so us Mac people don't have to reboot into Windows? There are Mac IPS patching programs I could use.

thomaslehner

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Many many thanks again toenailed! Please keep on doing your great work. Maybe you could redefine the other buttons for some attack moves or to pick up and throw an item.

Thomas

toenailed

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok i Finally made the Rolling, if you gonna ask why i add it .. simple cause i want it BADLY.. lol

LoZ_Button_Hack_SpinSlash_Rolling.zip

anyway heres the new button mapping

"Directional Pad" - Move link to desire direction,
"X Button" - Spin Slash
"Left + A button" - Roll on Leftside
"Right + A button" - Roll on RightSide
"Other Button" - Default function

Some Notes:
* i have no other plan to add rolling in different direction other than left and right since it requires a lot of data in very small space, i already use 712bytes out of 1024bytes..
* i permanently disable the A button to display the Item screen.
* it wont be able to move down if Collection screen and Menu screen is view below the screen just Close it after using the menu/collection screen.
* to use special weapon like boomerang, bomb etc. just hold L/R then press the DPAD
* for throwing an item just press one direction twice
* it is possible to pick up an item or talking to npc using the DPAD, please read the Target Attack here
* for other attack idea and possibility of mapping it to button read it here and the readme.txt included in zip
* for ARDS version of the Patch use this

for other attack i might possibly add thrusting on the next patch and if it still has space i might add the picking near item and target attacking but only if i able to shorten the asm code. For further details read the readme.txt included in zip.

P.S. it comes with patcher EXE and IPS, you only need one patch for Rom, depending on what version you have and patch of your Choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.