XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
Ace Gunman said:
0xyG3N said:
And its not the end of the world
wink.gif
Yes it is, it's the end of out digital freedoms. All Canadian members here at at legal risk if this goes through. You try and ship in a flash cart? You're fined, or worse.

Isn't the law already like that in the USA? And aren't people able to get flash carts there?
unsure.gif
I think it is like the UK, you can own one, import one, buy one but you can't sell one.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wtf? That's just retarded. Luckily, where I live in Canada, is packed with asians where they purposely hack and modify.. I got a feeling they're going to get raided by the police one day though. Wow that would suck ass.

I hope it doesn't get passed. That means if they check what I'm buying online through the mail.. I'm pretty much screwed.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Loginer said:
That's odd. They didn't announce this until today? o.O
They've been keeping it quiet and leaving the Canadian people completely out of the loop. Hell, they've been taking advice from the American lobby groups. The same ones that make absolutely awful thing like the RIAA a reality.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sent one this mornin' cuz Kicktrading told me to

I hope they don't check IPs... or the fact that my name isnt actually Gary Coleman

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Hadrian said:
CockroachMan said:
Ace Gunman said:
0xyG3N said:
And its not the end of the world
wink.gif
Yes it is, it's the end of out digital freedoms. All Canadian members here at at legal risk if this goes through. You try and ship in a flash cart? You're fined, or worse.

Isn't the law already like that in the USA? And aren't people able to get flash carts there?
unsure.gif
I think it is like the UK, you can own one, import one, buy one but you can't sell one.

then there are some countries that practise selective enforcement; some laws are there but not actually there
unsure.gif

ItsMetaKnight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh, finally some countries start doing something about all the illegal stuff.
I hope more countries join them, so we'll have more games. Also, prices will be lower! Yay!!

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Westside said:
WTF? Is this going to affect me coming to GBAtemp? I don't pirate, I'm just here for the community.
Well it could, yes, because the community could be damaged by this. To any and all Canadians, you must speak up! Our time is now. We may not get another chance.

solange82200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is crap, I can't believe this. So even if we don't live in Canada, it will be harder for us to order flashcarts? Are most of the sellers in Canada? And how exactly will it affect this forum? I'd really like to know more about this, I'm very worried, I love GBA Temp

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Ace Gunman said:
Westside said:
WTF? Is this going to affect me coming to GBAtemp? I don't pirate, I'm just here for the community.
Well it could, yes, because the community could be damaged by this. To any and all Canadians, you must speak up! Our time is now. We may not get another chance.
We need someone with very good writing talents and the ability to bring up very good points that you can't even argue with. I'm sure there are some here on this site who can do that and help us Canadians.

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ace Gunman said:
Westside said:

Can I do anything?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.