hdofu

Trophies
Website
www.wikitsune.com
XP
Country
United States
ItsMetaKnight said:
Oh, finally some countries start doing something about all the illegal stuff.
I hope more countries join them, so we'll have more games. Also, prices will be lower! Yay!!

lecture.gif
If I'm reading it right,
it bans flash cards whatever the use meaning good bye homebrew on the ds or gba.

So unless you support the industries right to restrict who can make games I wouldn't break out the mariachis

S

ScuberSteve

Anakir said:
Nestea80 said:
Man, what news. For the people from Toronto:

Since when did laws stop Pacific Mall and First Markham Place from selling pirated DVDs? I always hear stories of them getting busted ... and then the store opens up again with more movies.

But, never buy stuff from Pmall. They're over priced. I remember them selling R4s with a microSD for over $100 when the R4 was one of the best flashcarts around. Or something amongst that line. People just don't know how to buy online or at least.. haven't heard of it.
I lover PMall... PMall can be great when you're looking for something that isn't very popular (ie certain asian films), or something you won't find in regular stores, like Asian Kit-Kats (yes, they're different in terms of flavours). However, I agree with you, Anakir about buying things like flashcarts... One of my less-informed friends bought a DSTT for over $80 at PMall...

Odanhammer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
science said:
This is why I will be voting NDP when I am old enough to vote.

Stephen Harper is Bush's puppet. I really hope this doesn't pass

lol so instead of having this bill pass, your gonna have bills pass that make all canadians "equal" so that dude on welfare makes the same amount of money as a doctor or a pilot.
Stephen Harper might be the catcher and Bush the thrower, but its better canada being the catcher and NDP being the thrower.

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
redman3000 said:
Here's the message I received after sending the pre-written letter:

The Government of Canada has introduced Bill C-61, An Act to Amend the Copyright Act. The proposed legislation is a made-in-Canada approach that balances the needs of Canadian consumers and copyright owners, promoting culture, innovation and competition in the digital age.
What does Bill C-61 mean to Canadians?
Specifically, it includes measures that would:
• expressly allow you to record TV shows for later viewing; copy legally purchased music onto other devices, such as MP3 players or cell phones; make back-up copies of legally purchased books, newspapers, videocassettes and photographs onto devices you own; and limit the "statutory damages" a court could award for all private use copyright infringements;
• implement new rights and protections for copyright holders, tailored to the Internet, to encourage participation in the online economy, as well as stronger legal remedies to address Internet piracy;
• clarify the roles and responsibilities of Internet Service Providers related to the copyright content flowing over their network facilities; and
• provide photographers with the same rights as other creators.
What Bill C-61 does not do:
• it would not empower border agents to seize your iPod or laptop at border crossings, contrary to recent public speculation
What this Bill is not:
• it is not a mirror image of U.S. copyright laws. Our Bill is made-in-Canada with different exceptions for educators, consumers and others and brings us into line with more than 60 countries including Japan, France, Germany and Australia
Bill C-61 was introduced in the Commons on June 12, 2008 by Industry Minister Jim Prentice and Heritage Minister Josée Verner.
For more information, please visit the Copyright Reform Process website at www.ic.gc.ca/epic/site/crp-prda.nsf/en/home
Thank you for sharing your views on this important matter.

The Honourable Jim Prentice, P.C., Q.C., M.P.
Minister of Industry
The Honourable Josée Verner, P.C., M.P.
Minister of Canadian Heritage, Status of Women
and Official Languages and Minister for
La Francophonie

I smell BS.

you KNOW thats not the whole story.

cpm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
• expressly allow you to record TV shows for later viewing; copy legally purchased music onto other devices, such as MP3 players or cell phones; make back-up copies of legally purchased books, newspapers, videocassettes and photographs onto devices you own;
only if they are not copy protected, which ofcourse, they aren't, but DVDs are another story
tongue.gif

no selling or importing tools that can be used to circumvent "digital locks", which means region free DVD players are now banned (along w/ mod-chips and ds flash carts (gba flash carts should still be good tho, no rsa)). so no watching foreign region DVDs (which is kindda funny/sad as canadian immigrants are encouraged to keep they culture, just not their movies, b/c movies have nothing to do w/ culture
tongue.gif
).

Whiternoise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Get them now before they get heavy handed.. the worst they can do is stop the post before it gets to your house. And most flashcart sellers put "DS Replacement Part" on the envelope to put off snooping people.

cpm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NextStep said:
too late now, its been passed apparently.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=90396

@whiternoise: i dont think i'll risk it.

Not even close to being passed, it's merely been tabled (first reading), which now that we know what's in the bill, it's time to complain to the MPs. The 2nd reading isn't expected till after the summer session, 3 months
tongue.gif

As of right now, mod-chips (and etc) are still prefectly legal, and will be for a while yet.

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CorruptJon said:
Its most likely one those laid back laws that no one really enforces. I mean imagine someone arresting a person that was supposedly playing their DS with a flash cart. Its not gonna happen.

today, thats easily imaganeable

remember the rumored ACTA, which pretty much enforces what you send in a nutshell if your traveling.

but yes, it has yet to pass. MP Paul sabzo(sp?) has personally told the people that it will be time before the bill does go through- its was too risky with the election coming up pretty soon

triple-sevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just joined this forum like 3 days ago and also ordered my flash cart around the same time. i didnt kno it was illegal though (i live in US.). i thought it was ok.. i hope im not in any trouble. i dont plan on playing pirated games (well i cant even find a site for them lol). i wanted to listen to music on ds and watch movies and stuff. wow this totally sucks. especially this one that i just read.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Counterf...Trade_Agreement
i sent a mail to support yall canadians.

edit. just spent like 30 minutes reading all 15 pages. i guess there was no point of me sending the email. oh well. piracy ftw (i dont have piracy on ds but i have lots on others like psp so go piracy lol.) i have a question though. is it or it is not illegal in the US. im new to this stuff so i really dont know.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
cpm said:
NextStep said:
too late now, its been passed apparently.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=90396

@whiternoise: i don't think I'll risk it.

Not even close to being passed, it's merely been tabled (first reading), which now that we know what's in the bill, it's time to complain to the MPs. The 2nd reading isn't expected till after the summer session, 3 months
tongue.gif

As of right now, mod-chips (and etc) are still perfectly legal, and will be for a while yet.
Well I don't think it will be a law for about a year or so.

P.S. Yes it has passed first reading.
hate2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte