Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hello... so here's the deal,i own a 360 with a somewhat old firmware (the one that came with dynasty warriors 7) and also a pretty old version of ixtreme... i was thinking to upgrade to ixtreme 2.0 to play xgd3 games but have no idea about what i should do... i know there are several guide on the web but i was thinking

don't game that come with the latest firmware reflash your dvd drive? if that's so,if i wanted to install ixtreme 2.0 should i flash my drive,update my firmware and then flash my drive again?

oh and two other questions...

1) any guide you guys suggest in particular?
2) what's the deal with xgd2 games? can i run those without 2.0?

godsakes

Trophies
XP
Country
1. if it's a liteon have a read at my guide http://gbatemp.net/topic/311203-need-help-updating-to-lt-20/page__view__findpost__p__3934992

2. XGD3 is a larger 8.7GB disc format (and requires 2.0 to work) for the time being using imgburn (latest version) you can do a truncated burn which seems to work - future games might check for the missing padded data... also it's possible now do proper XGD3 burns but you have to use verbatim disc and use a certain liteon burner (iHAS124B) with custom firmware.

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
err but i was asking about XGD2 not XGD3
oh and is there a way to know which drive i have without dismounting the whole thing?

godsakes

Trophies
XP
Country
err but i was asking about XGD2 not XGD3
oh and is there a way to know which drive i have without dismounting the whole thing?
XGD2 is the original (regular DL DVD) format used on the 360... so yes they work on pre-2.0 firmware but some games have AP checks (don't ask, just update to 2.0 and everything will work)

perhaps the person who flashed your 360 could tell you

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
alas i bought a second hand 360 that was already flashed when i bought it

and beside the idea was to do the flashing job myself... is it supposed to be hard?

estebangh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
You must open your console in order to know exactly what version your drive is. Some drives are easier to flash than others and some require special tools. But the standard procedure is to extract keys, flash it to stock, update to latest dashboard and flash it again with LT.

BTW, going straight from 1.9 to 2.0 would flag me?

mudbone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can simply pop off your faceplate to see what kind of drive you have!

There is a small window near the synch button that you can see two wires if you look in with good light.

WhatsYour360drive.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1