Updrading SoftMii from 0.95 to 1.0?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by razor101, Feb 4, 2009.

1. razor101
    OP

razor101 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2007
    Hi all [​IMG]

I have tried to find out how an upgrade to 1.0 should be done, in the most safe way.
    But I haven't found out yet, as it seems very few have tried to explain it.

Would anyone bother explain what to do? I have followed the install guide all the way to get 0.95 - but ofc I want to install 1.0 now.

Thanks in advance.

-razor101

2. yakboy

yakboy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2008
    United States
    razor101 Since no one would give me an answer to your question. I decided to go for it my self. I had my system previous using SoftMii 0.95 with prelaoder 0.27 working great. I started from Stage 2 this time and used the Wii IOS Downgrader as before I did stage 3. I wanted to see the whole process for my self, I mean having fun and learning is what hacking is all about. Anyways, I had no issues with the guide and followed it all the way through. The good news is it worked. The bad news is that my Wii gained nothing new but I learned alot in the process. The hacks.ini is set for PAL not NTSC as the codes are for 290 and not 289. The disc channel will still not load a game once you exit from HB and only the HB channel. I was hoping that I could play PAL VC but that still just gives a black screen. I would be wrong here unless CIOS has been updated but I did not notice a difference at all. All games/VC work fine as they did before and same with now.

3. razor101
    OP

razor101 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2007
    Hey yakboy... I am aware that learning by doing is better than bugging with noob questions. But I dont have that much time available to dedicate for Wii hacking. If I had I would read a lot more and try it out myself. Thanks for your answer. I will try to start from step 3. And at some point I will have my old'ish Cyclowiz v1 desoldered from the wii - cause it sucks, and I dont have an upgrade switch for it... So honestly - I feel that a "soft mod" is the way to go. Else I would be buying FlatMii/similar.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice