Hacking Updrading SoftMii from 0.95 to 1.0?

razor101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all
smile.gif

I have tried to find out how an upgrade to 1.0 should be done, in the most safe way.
But I haven't found out yet, as it seems very few have tried to explain it.

Would anyone bother explain what to do? I have followed the install guide all the way to get 0.95 - but ofc I want to install 1.0 now.

Thanks in advance.

-razor101

yakboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
razor101 Since no one would give me an answer to your question. I decided to go for it my self. I had my system previous using SoftMii 0.95 with prelaoder 0.27 working great. I started from Stage 2 this time and used the Wii IOS Downgrader as before I did stage 3. I wanted to see the whole process for my self, I mean having fun and learning is what hacking is all about. Anyways, I had no issues with the guide and followed it all the way through. The good news is it worked. The bad news is that my Wii gained nothing new but I learned alot in the process. The hacks.ini is set for PAL not NTSC as the codes are for 290 and not 289. The disc channel will still not load a game once you exit from HB and only the HB channel. I was hoping that I could play PAL VC but that still just gives a black screen. I would be wrong here unless CIOS has been updated but I did not notice a difference at all. All games/VC work fine as they did before and same with now.

razor101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey yakboy... I am aware that learning by doing is better than bugging with noob questions. But I dont have that much time available to dedicate for Wii hacking. If I had I would read a lot more and try it out myself. Thanks for your answer. I will try to start from step 3. And at some point I will have my old'ish Cyclowiz v1 desoldered from the wii - cause it sucks, and I dont have an upgrade switch for it... So honestly - I feel that a "soft mod" is the way to go. Else I would be buying FlatMii/similar.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person