Homebrew Updating Wii to 4.2 (PAL)

Notyalc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I'm in the EU, more specifically I'm in the UK & want the new BBC iPlayer channel!

So, how do I update?

I got a firmware updater for 4.2, a .dol file, but I'm unsure of whether this'll work for a PAL (European) Wii.
Will this 4.2 firmware update work for an European (pal) Wii?

Also, by using this firmware updater instead of Nintendo's, I still keep the HBC, Backup launcher & whatnot, right?

Also, I've not got Bootmii as Boot 2 by the way. - So am I safe to use this updater without Bootmii?

Thanks for reading - Hope you can help me!

Thanks!

Vattu

Trophies
XP
Country
I think you're referring to waninkoko's 4.2 updater. It should be safe to install. I did so as late as today.

before you update, you should install HBC and DVDX with the newest hackmii installer (check their homepage), as the new channels have new IDs, which won't be deleted after wii update 4.2.

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
or, if you wanna update, why not use the manual install method by xzxero?
at least you know what youre installing, and wad files wont become corrupt while you download via wii

Notyalc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah!

Now, firstly sorry for the late reply, but I've been online inconsistently for a while.

Thanks for the feedback! It's much appreciated!

Also, it seems there's now an available .wad for the BBC iPlayer Channel - which is the reason I wanted to update, so I may not need to update to 4.2 at all.

(Though I will eventually anyway!)

So, I'm very sorry for some of you having wasted some of your time.

But thanks for the feedback & suggestions anyway!

I s'pose I'll try & get the BBC iPlayer channel working on my 4.1 Wii, & if that doesn't work, I'll start reading into those guides some more until I'm absolutely sure I'm safe with what I'm doing.

And if I don't post back in this topic - I guess that means that the BBC iPlayeer channel works fine for me!

Thanks very much for all the feedback & suggestion!

It is very much, truely appreciated!

Notyalc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vattu said:
I think you're referring to waninkoko's 4.2 updater. It should be safe to install. I did so as late as today.

before you update, you should install HBC and DVDX with the newest hackmii installer (check their homepage), as the new channels have new IDs, which won't be deleted after wii update 4.2.

Yes, I believe it is Waninkoko's.

I'll try & install the new HBC & DVDX then.

So I install new versions of HBC & DVDX & then load up the .dol for 4.2 update.

...BTW, BBC iPlayer didn't install, hence my returning.

I'll try it again later though....

I s'pose I shouldn't use this yet though. I've still not got Bootmii installed. And the page on WiiBrew mentions a caution over using updates for specific channels...could be a chance of bricking...

So I should install Bootmii as Boot 2 first right? To be safe?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel