Hacking Updating to 5.5.2 question

Slavaka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this has been asked a few times before, but I need more clarification that ive been able to search for. I am wanting to update to 5.5.2 so that I can play botw. I have read through other threads that say if you are going to do it, make sure that you have haxchi installed. I already have haxchi taken care of. Now for my question. Can I just unblock my dns and do an update that way or will it remove my haxchi and give me other problems, or is there a different way I should go about doing it?

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this has been asked a few times before, but I need more clarification that ive been able to search for. I am wanting to update to 5.5.2 so that I can play botw. I have read through other threads that say if you are going to do it, make sure that you have haxchi installed. I already have haxchi taken care of. Now for my question. Can I just unblock my dns and do an update that way or will it remove my haxchi and give me other problems, or is there a different way I should go about doing it?
Yes. Haxchi will not be removed. Update normally if you wish. You can play botw in 5.5.1 though, and if you want to stay on 5.5.1 and update botw, just use nnu patcher.

Reactions: Slavaka

Slavaka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Haxchi will not be removed. Update normally if you wish. You can play botw in 5.5.1 though, and if you want to stay on 5.5.1 and update botw, just use nnu patcher.
I tried using haxchi and the nnupatcher and it still wont allow me to play. It opens the game and then pops up a message telling me that I must update the system and then it closes out. This is with botw v144 and the dlc.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using haxchi and the nnupatcher and it still wont allow me to play. It opens the game and then pops up a message telling me that I must update the system and then it closes out. This is with botw v144 and the dlc.
Oh sorry. I haven't tried recently. I just know I did try since 5.5.2, but not with the latest update. Sorry about that. Updating through Nintendo will not remove your haxchi at all.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have haxchi you can update but you dont need to you can just run nnupatcher from the homebrew launcher then it will allow you to access the eshop

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: