Homebrew Updating SD Cards for New 3DSXL

j0hnnyj0hns

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a New 3DSXL running Luma CFW and 64gb micro SD I have a 128gb Micro SD card. Can I clone the 64gb to the 128gb and pop it in my 3ds without any other changes?? Thanks

BTW I'm on a Mac

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
I have a New 3DSXL running Luma CFW and 64gb micro SD I have a 128gb Micro SD card. Can I clone the 64gb to the 128gb and pop it in my 3ds without any other changes?? Thanks

BTW I'm on a Mac
Do you have arm9loaderhax?
If so, it's just a simple copy-paste operation(that assuming that you're not using emunands)
If you're using menuhax/emunand, you'll have to use emunand tool https://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/ or emunand9 to clone your emunand to an emunand.bin and flash that emunand to a new sd . then copy your files

j0hnnyj0hns

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have arm9loaderhax?
If so, it's just a simple copy-paste operation(that assuming that you're not using emunands)
If you're using menuhax/emunand, you'll have to use emunand tool https://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/ or emunand9 to clone your emunand to an emunand.bin and flash that emunand to a new sd . then copy your files

I bought the 3ds used and was already modded but on the sd card it has arm9loaderhax.bin file and it's on 10.7.32U Luma 5.4

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

BTW I'm on a Mac
1. Format new SD as Fat32
2. Backup emuNAND on old SD using EmuNAND9
3. Format emuNAND on new SD using emuNAND9
4. Restore emuNAND backup to new SD using emuNAND9
5. Copy files from old SD to new SD

This is the proper was to do it. You can use programs to make an image of your card to copy to the other, but it may cause problems (example, not relevant to you, but: Gateway fails to boot if emuNAND is removed with a PC program and not emuNAND9 which does the job properly the way the console needs it to be done).

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
I bought the 3ds used and was already modded but on the sd card it has arm9loaderhax.bin file and it's on 10.7.32U Luma 5.4
okay, so I'm assuming you're running arm9loaderhax Updated Sysnand.
First, you can update to the latest version, and update to the latest version of luma3ds
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/
copy the arm9loaderhax to the root of the old sd overwritting the new one.
Copy-paste all the files to the root of the new sd

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
In that case just format the new card as Fat32 and copy the files over.

If you're using a9lh, say so when you're asking for help :-p I assumed plain Luma.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-