Red46

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello,
just looking for a clarification on a small issue to determine if its something on my end or, there's something wrong with my setup.

When using a .cia file for my region, I can update just fine by pressing Y and choosing "complete download now". However, when this happens for a .cia that is not of my region then, following of the same steps outlined above will apparently make the update download and install successfully (at least that's what the 3ds says) but, the notification to update will still be there.

If I then go into system settings to look for the installed files, it will show no update was installed, so the obvious assumption is that when you download an update, it gets downloaded for your region and if that's different from the one of the product it should be applied to it won't apply but still give a false positive.

Is that how it works or, am I missing something?

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
just looking for a clarification on a small issue to determine if its something on my end or, there's something wrong with my setup.

When using a .cia file for my region, I can update just fine by pressing Y and choosing "complete download now". However, when this happens for a .cia that is not of my region then, following of the same steps outlined above will apparently make the update download and install successfully (at least that's what the 3ds says) but, the notification to update will still be there.

If I then go into system settings to look for the installed files, it will show no update was installed, so the obvious assumption is that when you download an update, it gets downloaded for your region and if that's different from the one of the product it should be applied to it won't apply but still give a false positive.

Is that how it works or, am I missing something?
You have to download that regions cia update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.