Updating my emuNAND?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Yayo1990, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Yayo1990
    OP

Yayo1990 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    Italy
    Hello there, It's my first thread here and as you can tell by the title of the thread, I'm quite new into the emuNAND scene. My main question is how to update my emuNAND firmware without using the System Update feature, as I just fear I could update my sysNAND and screw everything.
    For example, I updated to 10.3 from the system update the first time I set up RXtools and such, but when I picked the 10.4 files and installed them through BigBlueMenu the console still asks me to do the system update, and yes. I did pick all the necessary files.

Also, I have another important question to ask: how do I update a fresh 9.2 emuNAND on latest update trough BigBlueMenu? Do I have to pick up all the 10.3/10.4 files? Thanks in advance

2. theasker

theasker GBAtemp Regular

Jun 10, 2009
    First make sure you unlink your sysNAND and emuNAND, so that your NANDS are separated and will not interfere each other when you install games etc...
    But mainly look at this tutorial and you will be good, it will guide through everything you want to know.
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

If look here, taken from the guide, you will see the things you asked for:

Yayo1990 likes this.