Hacking Updating Games and Downloading DLC in Emunand

Charlie.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,

I have just setup my 2 3DS XLs (one old one "new") with the Gateway card, and the latest Emunands (GW3D-9.5.0).

I am new to this, so is it safe to update games from the internet while in Emunand? The games are being played as .3dz files with patched headers from my MK7 save directly from the Gateway card.

Can I also download games/themes/DLC from the eShop without a large risk of getting banned?

Thanks

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi there,

I have just setup my 2 3DS XLs (one old one "new") with the Gateway card, and the latest Emunands (GW3D-9.5.0).

I am new to this, so is it safe to update games from the internet while in Emunand? The games are being played as .3dz files with patched headers from my MK7 save directly from the Gateway card.

Can I also download games/themes/DLC from the eShop without a large risk of getting banned?

Thanks
That's what emuNAND is designed for.

So yes, you can update your games, download themes/DLC, and play your games online in emuNAND with little risk of being banned (so long as you use your personal header).

Reactions: Charlie.

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
I've got a question concerning that - does that mean that the game file itself should already be in .cia format to install the updates + dlc's?

No. Once you have the update or dlc installed any iteration of the game , be it cia or in red card , will read the update on the console when playing it

Charlie.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just came back to ask the question about whether updates and DLC in .cia format would work with .3ds/3dz files to find that it had already been answered. I love this forum!

One more thing though, I have installed some JPN region games, and on Emunand 9.5.0 it says there is an update available. Is it safe to update out of region games, or will it just not let me if I press update?

EDIT: Also can you play JPN/USA roms online using a EUR system? Does it have to be patched with an online header from a JPN/USA game or can I just use my MK7 EUR dump?

Thanks again

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
That's what emuNAND is designed for.

So yes, you can update your games, download themes/DLC, and play your games online in emuNAND with little risk of being banned (so long as you use your personal header).

Do games without online properties own headers? I'm asking this because I only own Cubic Ninja cartridge and was wondering if it's possible to use its header for other games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1