Updating Emunand GW throug gamecard

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by plog, Apr 14, 2017.

1. plog
    OP

plog Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2008
    Netherlands
    Hi,

Is it possible to update my emunand 4,5 to 11.2 with a original gamecard like Poochy & Yoshis Woolly World. In GW mode a can select a option to use original game card in GW mode. Does it copy the firmware update that is in the new game to the emunand.

Best Regards.

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    If you update while running emunand, yes emunand will be updated

Doesn't GW's cfw block card updates, though?
    Besides, card updates aren't complete - they only come with the core OS (which will be enough for game compatibility, but won't come with matching system apps)

3. BananaSlamma

BananaSlamma Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2013
    United States
    you need to hold up while triggering the ds profile exploit and don't let go until emunand boots, then updates won't be blocked

you can update with roms too, I updated my emunand to 11.2 using a poochy&yoshi rom

just make sure you don't play it on sysnand. I have the background color on my emunand set to something different so I always am sure when I'm in emunand

Last edited by BananaSlamma, Apr 15, 2017
  4. plog
    OP

plog Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2008
    Netherlands
    Thanks for the replay, I wasn't shure but I am going to give it a try.
    My 3DS with GW was stolen a few weeks ago so I bought a other one, but GW lets us wait quit long for an update.
    I know there are different options to update but I think this is the easiest way to play games.

5. plog
    OP

plog Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2008
    Netherlands
    All well now, I updated my emunand to 11.2 with the original gamecard Yo-Kai 2.
    After the update a had to reinstall the launcher on the 3ds sdcard.
    Case closed.

6. petspeed

petspeed GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 13, 2009
    Is it possible to do the emunand update by using Sysupdater to install an update pack downloaded with 3DNUS? I know Profi200 writes not to use it with any kind of firmware spoofing like Gateway but if I boot Gateway mode holding UP then I disable firmware spoofing. Will that be safe? Then everything will be updated and not like a cart update where only parts of the firmware will be updated. Also the brick risk Profi200 mentions, is it emunand or sysnand that will brick if it goes wrong in this case?

Thanks