Hacking updating an acekard 2i (restarting instead of updating prob)

silvershadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey, i have a acekard2i card here. im trying to update it like all the other acekard2i's i updated, but this one is giving me some trouble.

i dont have a dsi to test it in, so if someone can help me out (im setting it up for someone else, dont have access to a dsi right now)

with other acekard2i, when i load the update, it says remove card, and insert it back, so in the past i would do that, and it worked perfectly fine.

now, when i re-insert the acekard2i, the ds restarts.

is this because the acekard is already up-to-date? or is there something wrong with my ds now?

id love to test myself with a dsi, but its just not an option at this very moment.

if i dont get a reply though, i will eventually get to test it, and report back.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Even if the card already has the 1.4 update applied, it will still run the update to completion.

You should be using ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds which you can download here, that doesn't require you to eject and reinsert the card. Might help you narrow down what the problem is.

Check it doesn't have a window in the middle of the underneath the Acekard sticker and also that it doesn't have a HW ID of 8080.

If you haven't tried playing on that cart, add a few of the latest ROMS to the card and AKAIO 1.5.1. Then give them a playthrough.

Check the contacts are clean and are raised atleast 1mm of the plastic shell. On one of mine (top) I can see the contacts are slightly lower than the other 3 I have.

IMG_3152.jpg

While it works fine, I had another (My sisters) which had the contacts much lower and wouldn't always be reconised by the DS. Sliding a piece of plastic under the contacts to raise them up sorted the problem. Because the contacts tend to be slightly lower on the righthand side, one or two of the contacts might not be making contact with the DS. On bottom cart in the photo you can also see the entire PCB is to far to the left (still seems to work), the build quality on AK2i isn't the best!

Also give the cart slot on your DS a clean with a cotton bud, as they can accumulate a lot of crap in there. I imagine it's most likely to be an issue with the AK2i rather than your DS.

silvershadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
guess what, thanks for the help, but it is actually my dslite, i didnt fix it yet, but i figure it out by, i had an older acekard 2i that i updated a while ago, and when i tried to put it on my dslite, it still just restarted.

another thing is it could simply be something stupid as i need to plug in the charger, i havent even found it, so i cant even test with it (btw, the battery indicator light doesnt show that it is low, but the ds hasnt been charged for months, so it might gotten confused), i will reply again when i have the solution:)

thanks for the reply:)

if it isnt the battery, im hoping its actually just dirt/dust, because that would also make sense in the situation i keep the ds (under my bed), lol.

BTW(i determined, as soon as i received it, that it was a real one:))

silvershadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I finally gotten around to update it.

what i did was i charged my ds, and i used the new update that you gave me the link for.

Unfortunately, because i chose to do it this way, im not sure what may have caused the problem...

thanks regardless

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them