Homebrew Updates about nesDS...

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Kikirini said:
Err, are there some troubles with saving in the latest version?
My last save in my Legend of Zelda file vanished and the game is acting like a certain 2 hours of play never happened.

or is there a specific way I'm supposed to save, like in other emulators?

Every time, if you save, you need to hit the "save sram" button to make nesds apply all changes to your save file. If you don't, you will lose all progress. It could also be that you accidentally switched the save state slots. You will need to load the state from the same slot you saved to, to load the save state you "lost"

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi, no update for a long time...
The menu thing is almost done, also the RAW PCM will be added in the next release. The 'nesDS.ini' file can be re-written on runtime.
0.52a is to be released on this weekend.
yaynds.gif

Dariusxq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah good to know new release is coming
yaynds.gif
Did you fix Big Nose Freaks Out? You did great work with Caveman, Thanks
wub.gif

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
shadowmanwkp said:
Every time, if you save, you need to hit the "save sram" button to make nesds apply all changes to your save file. If you don't, you will lose all progress. It could also be that you accidentally switched the save state slots. You will need to load the state from the same slot you saved to, to load the save state you "lost"

Ahhh, thanks so much for telling me.

moose3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First, thanks for all your hard work on NesDS.

I was wondering if there was any possibility of using palette files with NesDS that come with various rom hacks when you next have time to work on the project? Several rom hacks use a separate *.pal file that has an altered palette from the default one used by the emulator and this file is loaded by computer based NES emulators altering the colors displayed.

Or would you by chance know where/how the palette information is stored in NESDS? I remember the old pocketNES for the GBA had an editor where you could swap out the palette by hex editing the compiled pocketNES rom i believe. Since it required the emulator itself to be changed, so you would have that special version for only the single hacked game and then the standard pocketNES for all the normal games.

Thanks again for continuing to work on the emulator.

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
moose3 said:
First, thanks for all your hard work on NesDS.

I was wondering if there was any possibility of using palette files with NesDS that come with various rom hacks when you next have time to work on the project? Several rom hacks use a separate *.pal file that has an altered palette from the default one used by the emulator and this file is loaded by computer based NES emulators altering the colors displayed.

Or would you by chance know where/how the palette information is stored in NESDS? I remember the old pocketNES for the GBA had an editor where you could swap out the palette by hex editing the compiled pocketNES rom i believe. Since it required the emulator itself to be changed, so you would have that special version for only the single hacked game and then the standard pocketNES for all the normal games.

Thanks again for continuing to work on the emulator.
There is a nespal.bin in 'nesds/arm9/data/', you can replace it. nesDS now have two pal tables, only one of them is used. 'nespal.bin' is the second one that is never used.
I dont want to make any special version of nesDS. Maybe this figure would be supported in future.

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another great update today. Thanks for sticking with it.
One issue I've noticed with light gun emulation: In Gumshoe, if you shoot a bottle on the same horizontal plane as your character it makes him jump as if you shot him. Makes some sections very hard to play.

Zarlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pressing start or select whilst using the d-pad, is used for short-cuts, by default (I just realised how to change that. There is no way to do it from within nesDS, at least not in 0.50b)
Those nice "features" have caused me no end of grief
angry.gif

P.S. Editing the ini-file didn't work. The #¤&"¤ short-cuts still work. D.S.

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
just delete the entire shortcut section on the .ini and throw it back on the card. You don't really need any of them to operate the emulator...

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting really weird graphical glitches in NESDS .52a. it keeps having the bottom portion of either screen "cut" and repeated, like, I can't see the bottom because the part right above it (about 1 cm high) is repeated over the bottom of the screen.

I can't take a picture because my camera is currently inoperable... but it is happening alright. it's both the top and bottom screens. It does not happen for any other software, or games. I am using a DSTWO, if it matters.

princefarzan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Schlupi said:
I'm getting really weird graphical glitches in NESDS .52a. it keeps having the bottom portion of either screen "cut" and repeated, like, I can't see the bottom because the part right above it (about 1 cm high) is repeated over the bottom of the screen.

I can't take a picture because my camera is currently inoperable... but it is happening alright. it's both the top and bottom screens. It does not happen for any other software, or games. I am using a DSTWO, if it matters.
Same thing is happening with me, using DSTWO as well, happens on top and bottom screens, kind of annoying seeing a double image of the lower part of the game or menu.

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
E... a lot issues...pity that I only have one flashcard and not able to test others..
frown.gif

I will update the SVN later for missing 'menu.h'.
Every time there is a updating, the old 'nesDS.ini' should be deleted to make the new nesDS working well.
None of my friends has a DSTwo....

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
princefarzan said:
Schlupi said:

Same thing is happening with me, using DSTWO as well, happens on top and bottom screens, kind of annoying seeing a double image of the lower part of the game or menu.
Please disable the 'Raw PCM' to see if it works.

avenir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
huiminghao said:
Every time there is a updating, the old 'nesDS.ini' should be deleted to make the new nesDS working well.
When that happes, I told you that you update ini section "nesDSrev1" to "nesDSrev2" like that

thx for menu.h update

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...