Hacking Updated to 7.0.1 but now cant install nsp

JDalager

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally updated to 7.0.1 but now installing nsp's through tinfoil is broken. I have redownloaded and put the updated stuff from sdsetup but still no luck. Searched but came up with sig patches which I guess was included in with the updated sdsetup download. any help? TIA

Last edited by JDalager,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally updated to 7.0.1 but now installing nsp's through tinfoil is broken. I have redownloaded and put the updated stuff from sdsetup but still no luck. Searched but came up with sig patches which I guess was included in with the updated sdsetup download. any help? TIA
I recommend following these instructions to get everything working and update to 8.1.0.
  1. Remove all CFW files/folders from your SD card (that would be folders like /sept/ and /atmosphere/)
  2. Download the latest Atmosphere from github (currently 0.9.2)
  3. Download the latest fusee-primary (next to Atmosphere)
  4. Download these signature patches
  5. Put Atmosphere and the signature patches onto your SD card
  6. Download the 8.1.0 system update files
  7. Put the 8.1.0 folder onto the root of your SD card
  8. Download ChoiDujourDX and put it into the /switch/ folder on your SD card
  9. Put the SD into your Switch
  10. Boot your Switch into RCM
  11. Launch Atmosphere using fusee-primary
  12. Update to 8.1.0 using ChoiDujourDX. If you don't want AutoRCM installed as a way to preserve fuses and/or conveniently load RCM, make sure you untick that option. If you do want AutoRCM installed, keep that option ticked. If your SD card is formatted as exFAT, make sure you install "8.1.0 (exFAT)" in ChoiDujourDX.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If he is using Kosmos/Hekate, these patches might not be sufficient.

Reactions: proffk

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
An easier option is to try a different installer or rename/shorten the nsp names. I remember someone else had a similar issue in Tinfoil & it did not like long names.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw