Hacking Updated n00b guide to setting up your Acekard

narutopet112

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My acekard is broken because of a game named hakuouki ds. I was playing the game then i push the power button of the dsi and there was no icon appearing in the dsi menu.
mellow.gif

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've no idea what else you can do. I believe someome else had the same issue, you could do a search for the thread and ask them if they were able to fix it.

narutopet112

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Last thing i want to say is how did you the update with acekard 2i with sd card or without. And if you did with sd card what files was in your sd card

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You don't need a MicroSD card in the bricked Acekard 2i, it shouldn't make a difference if one is present or not. It won't be reading or writing to the MicroSD card, only on the other cart which is used to launch the update.

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wood, I think it also worked with Official V1.18 but I would have to check. However, my cart was bricked from where I was messing around with firmware updates rather than from one of these 512MB games.

retroman51

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
15. F.A.Q's.

* Yes, the AK2i works on the DS Lite and DS Phat.
* Yes, it works on the DSi XL/ LL too.
* No, it can't use the DSi's additional features.
* Yes, it will run DSi enhanced games, but in DS mode.
* Yes, after you perform the 1.4 update you can still use your Acekard 2i with a DS Lite
* No, there's no way of changing the Danny Phantom icon.
* The latest DSi Firmware version is 1.4
* No, you cannot downgrade your DSi's firmware.
* No, there's no way to update the firmware other than using a DSL/ DSP/ DSi FW =< 1.3.
* No, you don't need to update the firmware if you will never use it on a DSi.
* Yes, Zelda Spirit tracks works (including clean rom).
* Yes, Pokemon SS/HG works (including clean rom).
* Yes, WarioWare DIY works.
* The largest MicroSD supported is 32GB.
* Yes, you can use SDHC cards.
* No, you can't use SDXC cards.
* No, you can't use exFAT.
* No, Class 2 cards are normally fine while playing games. The games will just take a longer to load.
* Yes, it will connect wirelessly to the wii.
* Yes, it will connect wirelessly to other people using retail carts (over WFC you may need to be running the ROM of the same region)
* No, it doesn't bypass the health and safety screen, Yes you will still have to tap the screen.
* Yes, you can use Action Replay codes. You will need to use R4CEE, guide is in this thread.
* No, it doesn't work with WPA/WPA2 security. You will need to drop your routers security back to WEP.
* Soft Reset key combination is (L)+Â+(B)+(A)+(Down). You can either enable it globally in system settings or per rom by pressing (Y) twice on the selected rom.
* Yes, Download Play is supported. You can either enable it globally in system settings or per rom by pressing (Y) twice on the selected rom.
* Yes, you can use SavSender to transfer saves to and from your retail carts (but not Pokemon HG/SS)
* Yes, you can delete the firmware update files from your MicroSD card once you've sucessfully updated the firmware.

If you are stuck, many of your problems can be solved by consulting the AKAIO WIKI It has everything you ever need to know about AKAIO.

I'm going on record by saying that Namco Museum DS, Konami Classics series Arcade hits, Sonic Rush Adventure (Minor screen problem, only the intro is affected), Pac 'n Roll, Mario Hoops, the 2 "Dragon-Ball Origins" games, Yoshi's Island DS, GTA Chinatown Wars, all of the "Ace Attorney"s, Bleach: Dark Souls, Bleach: Blades of fate, Sonic chronicles, and Sega and Sonic All-stars Racing work either perfectly, or with minor problems on a DS lite.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
retroman51 said:
*snip*
I'm going on record by saying that Namco Museum DS, Konami Classics series Arcade hits, Sonic Rush Adventure (Minor screen problem, only the intro is affected), Pac 'n Roll, Mario Hoops, the 2 "Dragon-Ball Origins" games, Yoshi's Island DS, GTA Chinatown Wars, all of the "Ace Attorney"s, Bleach: Dark Souls, Bleach: Blades of fate, Sonic chronicles, and Sega and Sonic All-stars Racing work either perfectly, or with minor problems on a DS lite.
You don't need to record which games work and which don't. Since AKAIO's game compatibility is so high, its generally a given the game will work 100% unless its relatively new in which there is a chance it won't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-