Hacking [Updated] How To Use A PowerSaves for Amiibo To Download and Use Amiibo Bin Files

Was this helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 20.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you dont need the tool for any amiibo bins to work by the way u have to just drop them in the correct folder. c:/users/administrator/namiio or power saves for amiibo

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
The NaMiiO Software recognizes it as a NaMiiO but the Powertag doesn't work the NaMiiO Software afaik.

my power tag works great with both power saves and namiio but it didnt at first until i removed the nfc scanner device away from my laptop and phone it seems other devices messes with the signal
The tool gets the Amiiqo bins and installs them. It's useful for inexperienced users.

IZZYG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... I've been trying all day to get this to work, and unfortunately, I'm stuck with a Mac. Is there any way someone with limited- software knowledge and a terrible operating system that could possibly get this system to work? I have the powersaves myself, I just can't get the darn thing to work!

xGhostBoyx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I followed the instructions and when all was said and done I ended up with no bin files, I tried to manually extract them but the zip file had no bin files in it. I attempted it multiple times, and nothing seemed to fix the problem. If you could help me out I would appreciate it,

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, thanks. Good option I guess. I currently have 0 amiibos but I have an nfc phone and have been investigating. Gonna give tagmo a go. I did some ntag213 for lego and worked well. Nice to have a backup though for £20ish. :) Thanks for the info.

Last edited by icw35,

Megaben99

I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How doesn't this post have more likes? Easy and exactly what I was looking for after purchasing the Powersaves/Powertag. Awesome!

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone do know that you can download Amiibo bin files from that Amiibo bank, right?
Edit:
Edited to edit out the actual name of the site, where you can actually download Amiibo bin files.

Last edited by RandomUser,

GinBunBun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is an extremely easy way to use powersaves and will save you a TON of time. All you need to do is go to that 3D iso site you know the one and download there updated pack of amiibo bins. Then add "A_90b1b81c_2017-01-23_" minus the quotations to the front of every amiibo bin and place them in C:\Users\"username"\Powersaves For AMIIBO\ They will then all show up in the powersaves program. bulk rename utility works wonders for this. using the prefix option. If you would like a full written tutorial I can gladly write one up.

TheDiceman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that gonna help me with my installation and driver issues? Doesn't sound like it.
I had problems too, It kep getting stuck installing drivers and recognizing the device. I just unplugged and replugged the device it whenever this happened and it worked.
Not sure if you have the same problem as I was having though. If that doesn't work, I don't know how to help, sorry.

capiti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just bought the Nintendo Switch. DO you guys think that this datel powersaves with powertag will work in the new zelda breath of the wild?

Im really interested in buying it... I have absolutely no interest in buying amiibo toys, just want what the amiibos give inside the game... like epona, wolf link, etc

Also... I never had any amiibo before, never really used it, so I have no clue how anything related to amiibos work.

So, just out of curiosity, is that possible to buy those NTAG215 Cards and "print" every amiibo information on each different card? I saw some people using android phones with NFC, but my phone doesnt have it.
:)

Last edited by capiti,

mgfcortez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i run fetch-amiibos i get this when it opens up dropbox

Error (429)
This account's links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

this really sucks i wanted to use this can anyone help me out getting this file? thank you

mgfcortez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is an extremely easy way to use powersaves and will save you a TON of time. All you need to do is go to that 3D iso site you know the one and download there updated pack of amiibo bins. Then add "A_90b1b81c_2017-01-23_" minus the quotations to the front of every amiibo bin and place them in C:\Users\"username"\Powersaves For AMIIBO\ They will then all show up in the powersaves program. bulk rename utility works wonders for this. using the prefix option. If you would like a full written tutorial I can gladly write one up.

I'd love a guild for this i tried making the folder and renaming but nothing still comes up might be my only hope thanks to the amiibo-files.zip being dead :( i hate to think i wasted $30 bucks for nothing on powersaves and can't use it

EDIT*
i got it to work without all these programs this what you do use the solfware for powersaves put power tag on the powersave and make a amiibo save. it will be useless but i think it'll make this folder for you C:\Users\USERNAME\PowerSaves For AMIIBO\
when it save your new useless amiibo save idk for sure cause i made mine before now put your download bins in this folder and you can load some of them. if you can't make one with whatever name you want and copy the name it gives you for your empty bin and rename the one you couldn't load and replace the empty one with the new on load right up i downloaded all the new zelda ones and they all work perfectly also i loaded up a bunch of ssb ones and you get stuff for them in Zelda as well very happy i paid $30 bucks for this well worth it!

Last edited by mgfcortez,
Reactions: capiti

brewc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any alternative ways to get this to work? I would like a detailed write up of instructions please thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: