Homebrew Updated firmware now no dvd playback

rricky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys i have updated my wii through the wii setting to 4.2 firmware now i can't play any avi films.

I have downgraded to 4.1 firmware but still no luck.

Any ideas.

Neversoft

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, Nintendo took a massive dump all over your custom IOS files when you updated (don't quote me on this but I think your specific issue is down to IOS202 being clubbed by Nintendo)... You'll effectively need to softmod it again (Check the guides for 4.2 users on this site), or at least delete IOS202 and install the custom one again from the Hackmii installer.

rricky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First thing is the guide that i followed told me to updated wii to 4.2 through the system which now has stopped all dvd playback but everything else seems ok.( The guide which i followed was not from this site )

So i formated the wii and followed the guide from xzxero from this site and it seemed to go well until i got to the part deleting stub ios's with any title deleter which is always giving an error.

You said in the post about deleteing IOS202 and install the custom one again from the Hackmii installer. Is this safe and have you got a quick guide step by step as to how i install this ?

Thanks in advance mate.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Neversoft said:
Yep, Nintendo took a massive dump all over your custom IOS files when you updated (don't quote me on this but I think your specific issue is down to IOS202 being clubbed by Nintendo)... You'll effectively need to softmod it again (Check the guides for 4.2 users on this site), or at least delete IOS202 and install the custom one again from the Hackmii installer.
IOS202 is not touched by the 4.2 update.

rricky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First thing i want to say is this guide is so simple and quick to softmod a wii console compared to the other guides in the past.

The only thing is xzxero i still have no avi playback.

Any other ideas ?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rricky said:
First thing i want to say is this guide is so simple and quick to softmod a wii console compared to the other guides in the past.

The only thing is xzxero i still have no avi playback.

Any other ideas ?

Reinstall DVDX with latest hackmii installer?

rricky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So would i just install the first part of guide and install dvdx again ?

Another quick question would be if there was any way of installing apps onto the wii's memory so i wouldn't need to use an sd card ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.